GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow didn't expect it now. What time is it there?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Nevermind I see it is 6.30pm. Come on, we want guilty!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

On the news tonight, they showed a video related to another murder in the area recently (Vandagriff). http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...g-her-to-drop-stalking-charges-police-say.ece

There's a ton of evidence already amassed on this guy's guilt, and the body of the girl was found.

But the video was eerie, because it showed the (alleged) perp and the (soon-to-be) victim out drinking at a bar together, the night of the murder. Nothing amiss, lots of smiles and chit-chat, and then they left together and next thing you know, she's been found dead and cut into pieces and burned.

Reminded me so much of what happened to CM. Yes EA showed no signs earlier in the evening, which the defense wanted to make into some sort of indicator. But as Vandagriff case reminds us, things can change quickly and that earlier demeanor where the perp looks safe and friendly can turn out to be completely deceptive.

The guy you are talking about here did not "just change quickly" because he had been stalking an ex-girlfriend, she had a protective order against him, and he had been arrested for violating that and a no trespass order. He wasn't Mr. Nice Guy in everyone's eyes or anything. I'm sure he was acting normal in the bar to the stranger he met and later dismembered and set on fire, but if they asked others who knew him for a longer period of time, I would think they would tell a different story. Just to clarify for those who do not know about this story being referenced here.

I'd love to know more about lesser charges.....if I am understanding correctly, the charge of kidnapping was not an option for the jury...only aggravated kidnapping. Does the prosecution decide whether or not to include? Also, hypothetically, if one is acquitted of AK can one be later tried for kidnapping or is that double jeopardy?

Also, does anyone know the possible sentences for the charges EA will face for the underage girlfriend....can't remember the specific charge..

Re the charges here, the decision as to whether to include lesser charges was the sole decision of the prosecution. The defense actually tried to force them to include kidnapping as an option for the jury, but the judge shot that down cold.

If there is a not guilty verdict here, he could not be retried on lesser-included items, even if they weren't an option for the jury. A hung jury (failure to agree, rather than an actual verdict) would be different, however.

The next trial for EA will be on Sex with a Minor (statutory rape) and it's a 2nd degree felony with a punishment of 2 to 20 years, with a fine up to $10,000 also an option.

Plano Star Courier ‏@planonewspaper 59s60 seconds ago
Jury has reached a verdict. Arochi en route to courthouse. #arochitrial

The guy you are talking about here did not "just change quickly" because he had been stalking an ex-girlfriend, she had a protective order against him, and he had been arrested for violating that and a no trespass order. He wasn't Mr. Nice Guy in everyone's eyes or anything. I'm sure he was acting normal in the bar to the stranger he met and later dismembered and set on fire, but if they asked others who knew him for a longer period of time, I would think they would tell a different story. Just to clarify for those who do not know about this story being referenced here.

If you compare apples to apples, however, those who saw the Vandagriff perp that evening saw nothing out of the ordinary. And on video, he was charming and all smiles. Just like EA the evening of the 29th-30th. And then, next thing ya know, a girl is missing and dead. Eerily similar events.

Alex Boyér ‏@AlexBoyerFox4 3m3 minutes ago
NOW: Attorneys for both sides entering courtroom. No sign of Arochi, judge or jury yet. #arochitrial @FOX4

[video=twitter;778739413895426048]https://twitter.com/YeomansNBC5/status/778739413895426048[/video]

Jobin Panicker ‏@jobinpnews 52s53 seconds ago
It is eerily quiet outside the courtroom. Family and friends of Morris and Arochi are waiting outside the room waiting. #ArochiTrial

Just when the verdict comes in, I'm headed out for the evening. So no comments coming from me either way. Of course I am convinced EA did this and more, but I trust the jury to get it right per their duty (no regrets either way), and I pray for justice for Christina. Peace and comfort to all.

I going to back off and let yall post the verdict. Praying for All Family and Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member