GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this has been circulating for too long now without verification that I know of.
It is unfortunate but we can't bank on what us posted in MSM, either. Articles are too frequently based on
other articles without checking sources.

Even more the reason for Officer Tilley to make an Official public statement about this and a few other items. IMHO ~

Morris, according to her mom, enjoyed the night out and planned to spend the night at one of her girlfriends' apartment, but decided to go home after a text message dispute with her boyfriend, who was back at her place in Fort Worth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/27/christina-marie-morris-missing_n_6056364.html

Dispute means he answered, doesn't it?

Yes, it takes two (2) to dispute something.

I'd like to point out that you are drawing a big conclusion based on the wording of a reporter that didn't even have two of the major players in the articles names spelled right.

I'd like to point out that you are drawing a big conclusion based on the wording of a reporter that didn't even have two of the major players in the articles names spelled right.

So true! But, we do know by other articles the pair was indeed arguing/fighting that night.

Yes! Read the book and saw the movie. It was great! Big let's not discuss -- someone got irritated with someone else on here for ruining the suspense for them. Don't want to be a spoiler!!

LOL that be me!
I have since seen it but not sure everyone else has... So don't spoil it.
Its a bummer for sure!

Also just to kind of piggy back of your post (thumbs up btw) ...out of curiosity .. Why would an article writer/reporter call directly to any witness for commentary,knowing that said witness has an Attorney.
Just thinking..."Why did the writer not include that piece of information"?

All my opinion ~

Not in a case where there isn't evidence of a crime. Wouldn't it be a huge violation of rights if search warrants could be issued because someone went off the grid.

search warrants are issued all the time in cases where it hasn't be publicly determined for sure if a crime has been committed, on random example that has been in the news recently would be hannah graham.

How about the topic of narcissism? Do you think it runs in families? I was just trying to figure that out as it related to this case....let's say the reason EA hired an attorney is to keep from having to share what he knows...maybe that's a learned behavior? We are a product of our environment...JMO..,

are we suggesting that hiring an attorney when you are suspected of being involved in a very serious crime is Narcissistic behavior ... because that is totally inaccurate.

Texas has the sunshine law. I think there would have been an article stating the 3 vehicles owners had been identified. I haven't seen one yet. The only one I saw was the one stating there were 3 vehicles seen leaving the garage. Or actually I believe it was worded as vehicles coming and going. Will have to double-check that.

From the Texas Public Information Act:
Section 552.108(a)(1) states that information held by a law enforcement agency or prosecutor that deals with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime is excepted from required public disclosure if "release of the information would interfere with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime." Information pertaining to a pending case is one example where release of that information would interfere with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime and may therefore be withheld.

Section 552.108(a)(2)
Section 552.108(a)(2) excepts from disclosure information concerning an investigation that concluded in a result other than conviction or deferred adjudication. A governmental body claiming section 552.108(a)(2) must demonstrate the requested information relates to a criminal investigation that has concluded and the final result was something other than a conviction or deferred adjudication.

However, section 552.108 is inapplicable to basic information about an arrested person, an arrest, or a crime. Gov't Code § 552.108(c). We believe such basic information refers to the information held to be public in Houston Chronicle Publ'g Co. v. City of Houston, 531 S.W.2d 177 (Tex. Civ. App.-- Houston [14th Dist.] 1975), writ ref'd n.r.e. per curiam, 536 S.W.2d 559 (Tex. 1976). Thus, in instances where section 552.108 is applicable, with the exception of the basic front page offense and arrest information, a governmental body may withhold the requested information.

TYPES OF BASIC INFORMATION

Arrestee's social security number, name, aliases, race, sex, age, occupation, address, police department identification number, and physical condition
Offense for which suspect arrested
Identification and description of complainant
Location of crime
Time of occurrence
Vehicle involved
Property involved
Detailed description of offense
Names of arresting officers
Date and time of arrest
Place of arrest
Details of arrest
Description of weather
Booking information
Court in which charge is filed
Notation of any release or transfer
Bonding information
Numbers for statistical purposes relating to modus operandi of those apprehended

I wonder what clues made JM go down this line of thinking ....

In cases I've seen before I think this line of suspicion will always come up in the case of a missing female and I think it is one families tend to hold on to because it involves the missing person still being alive. I have no idea how it relates to this case and maybe they have tons of information pointing in this direction. IMO this would be an atypical case for that, but I don't know.

Imo, probably half or more of the parents of missing teens/young adults in cases I have followed have put forward the theory that they believed their child was abducted into some sort of trafficking, because it is all that remains of the usual options that has their child possibly alive. As far as I can recall, this has never been the case, or if so, it must be a tiny percentage, Imo. Usually the result is more personal, or again, one of those rare but real stranger abductions. JMOJMOJMOJMO

agree this is what I was trying to say.

are we suggesting that hiring an attorney when you are suspected of being involved in a very serious crime is Narcissistic behavior ... because that is totally inaccurate.

oopps let me clarify.. this is in response to the post LeSinge so perfectly posted BRAVO !!!!!..sorry I am piggy backing
I am pretty sure that certain substances will actually cause mirrored type behaviors along with that the exhibiting signs of emotional detachment.
correct me if I am wrong .. but will be happy to pull the information from medical resources and treatment experts. TIA
JMO

LOL that be me!
I have since seen it but not sure everyone else has... So don't spoil it.
Its a bummer for sure!

OT: I agree! I hate it when someone talks about a movie before I've seen it!!! Grrrr One of my pet peeves!! (Not saying anything about the person who brought it up on here, btw. I'm sure they meant no harm!)

Does anyone know if the Huffpost reporter actually spoke to PPD/Tilley? TIA

Okay, I am new to this wsing. I'm trying my best to follow all the rules. So,bear with me please. This is all MOO! I have been interested in learning about how CM friends and ex boyfriends,family members etc...have been dealing with her disappearance. [modsnip]. MOO

Texas Sunshine Lawsuits:

Texas sunshine lawsuits

Sunshine Laws

Open Records laws
Open Meetings Laws
How to Make Records Requests

Sunshine Legislation

Sorted by State, Year and Topic

Sunshine Litigation

Sorted by State, Year and Topic

Sunshine Nuances

Private Agencies, Public Dollars
Deliberative Process Exemption

Here is a list of major FOIA court decisions and their effect on the Texas Public Information Act.

Year

Precedent

Avinash Rangra; Anna Monclova v. Frank D. Brown 2009
Blankenship v. Brazos Higher Education Authority 1998 This case established that if a public body is in control of a private corporation with regard to the approval of actions and the appointment of board members, then it does have a right to view all of the documents of the private corporation, thus rendering those documents public records under the Texas Public Information Act.[1]
City of Abilene v. Shackelford 1978
City of Garland v. Dallas Morning News 1999
Dallas v. Abbott 2010
Gill v. Snow 1982
Jenkins v. State of Texas 1903 It is a foundational decision about the common law right to access of pretrial information in a criminal case.
Palacios v. Corbett 1915
Tovar v. Texas 1998

The Sunshine Act does not require law enforcement to release details of their investigation, while the investigation is ongoing. As far a I know, this is still an ongoing investigation.

Salem

I'm the spoiler btw...I hardly ever get out, being a stay home mom with a toddler and loving in the middle of nowhere. I saw it and posted about it, I did not give away a lot of info...I didn't think so.
It was way too......I did not like it. Let's just say that. As I don't want to say anything else to ruin it for anybody. I felt bad and apologized about it. But, I just wanted to let everyone here that is talking about it know, that I'm the one that ruined it! Oops!

Does anyone know if the Huffpost reporter actually spoke to PPD/Tilley? TIA

This would be very helpful for us to know! Do we go with what Tilley said in the beginning or in the most recent (Huffpo) article? IMO they are two contrasting statements. If Tilley, did in fact speak with the Huffpo writer and he is quoted correctly, this is a very important development... for me anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur