Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article about secrecy surrounding grand juries:
http://campus.udayton.edu/~grandjur/faq/faq7.htm

"Many years ago, the U.S. Supreme Court explained why grand jury proceedings are secret. According to the Court, which was relying on earlier common law, there are four reasons why grand jury proceedings are secret. Secrecy prevents those who are being investigated from interfering with witnesses and otherwise tampering with the investigation. It encourages witnesses who might be reluctant to testify if their comments were made public to be speak freely when they are brought before the grand jury. It decreases the likelihood that one who is about to be indicted by a grand jury will flee and thereby avoid being brought to trial on those charges. And, finally, it protects innocent persons whose names may be implicated in a grand jury investigation but who will never be indicted."

Hmmm, is it usually publicized when/what the Grand Jury meets about? I wouldn't think they just throw subpoenas out without any intentions...

Maybe the 12/4 due date was correct and the GJ is meeting next week? this case needs a major break soon!

That's a strong possibility. Why turn your phone off unless you did not want a record of yourself in a certain area at a certain time when an illegal activity occurred?

Not caught up on thread, but I wonder if the car damage could be from a hit and run, and a person was hit, and injured or killed--though even if he caused someone's death, it is quite a leap to him then killing CM because she was a witness . I've also wondered if CM got out to run to get away from him, and he ran her down.

Back to reading!

Way back in the day, when I was 20, I had a group of friends. I "messed around" shall we say, with one of them in a casual way. He was a friend with benefits in today's language lol. There was another friend in our group named "J". He had a girlfriend, also in our group but I didn't know her very well.

One day he came to hang out at my house, which was the place we all hung out. That day no one else was there. We were hanging out, talking, and he tried to kiss me. I told him no, that it wasn't a good idea, and he got really upset. He pinned me down and started kissing me. I struggled against him and yelled at him to stop and after a short time he did. He was really, really mad. Saying he didn't get it, I'd messed with (other friend) and he (J) was better looking and had a better job and car and why didn't I want him??

It was really weird. I did find him attractive but he had a girlfriend and I wasn't ok with cheating. It scared me because I had always assumed I could defend myself because I am a big person (5'10" and heavyset), around a size 20...maybe like Queen Latifah at her biggest, as a general comparison), but if he had not stopped I don't think I could have stopped him.

I share this because this memory has come to me over and over again while following this case. Christina was less than half the size I was. "J" was probably a couple inches taller than me and probably around the same weight as me. Christina (obviously) could inflict some damage but no way she could have stopped him if he was attacking her.

I felt guilty for a long time thinking that if I hadn't had casual sex with (friend) then "J" was wouldn't have attempted to rape me. I realize now that it doesn't matter, he was an a$$h*le. We crossed paths later in life and he was married to a girl and was super jealous and controlling of her. He pretended that he didn't remember me.

For some reason it upsets me more to think CM may have been killed over sex than to think it was drug related. I will never understand why some men think they should be able to have any woman they want. In my mind I imagine EA yelling at CM like "J" yelled at me "You liked ALP and HF! Why don't you like me?"

Edited because I am heavyset, not heavy-duty lol. Oh, autocorrect.

Guys, discussing other members is not allowed period.

Do not go there please as it will not be tolerated.

Thank you

Just curious- was the "friends" apartment on the same side of Legacy as Henry's or was it opposite, by Blue Martini/Urban Outfitters?

I also wondered about the possibility the car was involved in a hit and run. If he did hit someone and Christina wanted him to stop and call 911, but he was too afraid to get into trouble due to his lack of sobriety, that definitely could have caused some type of altercation between the two of them. One that may have gotten way out of hand.

I also wondered about the possibility the car was involved in a hit and run. If he did hit someone and Christina wanted him to stop and call 911, but he was too afraid to get into trouble due to his lack of sobriety, that definitely could have caused some type of altercation between the two of them. One that may have gotten way out of hand.

Interesting theory.. Curious to know if there is a record of a h&r that morning... If anyone was injured, it certainly would have been reported...?

Guys, discussing other members is not allowed period.

Do not go there please as it will not be tolerated.

Thank you
I wasn't discussing, just asked if Carlton left us? Is asking that not allowed?

Per Jonni, EA has still not reached out to family. Has not apologized, has not said he wished he would have done something different, or asked what he can do to help bring Christina home.
Jonni says she sent him a long text, asked to meet with him, said he can bring his lawyer, no cameras, but with no reply back.
Jonni says her and Anna had a press conference with EA's parents right there. Parents made no eye contact. Neither of EA's parents speak English (per Jonni)
Jonni says LE tells family about 95% of information, but keep 5% private.

The family has to know much more than we do bc we are missing more than 5% of the information. I am glad that there most likely is more that the family knows that we don't, for me that is comforting. MOO

Unless they haven't been found....or he could have just hit another car that was parked on the side of the street.

At one time Jonni stated about Christina being sold to sex trade(paraphrasing), I wonder why she thought that and when she changed to EA making sexual advances. It doesn't realty matter, I am just curious.

Sadly, I think early on, maybe Jonni was hoping that was the case, to keep CM alive... As time went by & more information was available, maybe the reality of what happened was evident...

The family has to know much more than we do bc we are missing more than 5% of the information. I am glad that there most likely is more that the family knows that we don't, for me that is comforting. MOO

That's a great point.
It made me so mad to hear that EA's parents didn't even look at Jonni and Anna. Despite the circumstances, no empathy whatsoever? Sad. I think they are probably good people but deeply in denial. And EA's gonna take both of their kids from them because he's bringing down his brother with him if that's his alibi.

That's a great point.
It made me so mad to hear that EA's parents didn't even look at Jonni and Anna. Despite the circumstances, no empathy whatsoever? Sad. I think they are probably good people but deeply in denial. And EA's gonna take both of their kids from them because he's bringing down his brother with him if that's his alibi.

I was surprised to hear on that podcast that neither parent speaks English.

That's a great point.

Yeah, it would hard for a parent to believe that their kid could have done such a horrible thing & they may think he is being "picked on"... Sooner than later, the truth is gonna hit them hard.. MO

As was I. I was under the impression that the dad speaks some English. While sleuthing, I have seen some comments made on different websites by an Enrique Arochi and they were English. I guesss I just assumed that the comments were left by the dad because they were gloating comments about EA's brother's high school football career. I don't know if I'm allowed to link that.

But it has been stated by JMom I believe that Jonni is fluent in spanish. I would think the father would have to speak some degree of English with being in the real estate profession unless he only deals with hispanic clients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali