GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #38 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? It shocks me. Have you known many drug dealers? They kinda freak out when they lose touch with their communication devices. Hell, I'm just a hairdresser/actressand it would freak me out to lose my phone and lose opportunities and money. Seriously. And, with a million dollar bond, we aren't talking about some small time drug dealer, right?

And you aren't even slightly interested in the fact that there have been deaths from overdosing at the club he was busted at? I am. But, I've already admitted to being nosy, inquisitive, and suspicious.

If he had a million dollar bond locally it would be a huge huge deal, but Steve is right read up on how federal drug charges go and you will be shocked at how much power they have over you - people rarely get bail at all - and these conspiracy changers are so easy to prove and so widely applicable it is a little scary how much power they have. I'm guessing a lot of the laws were rammed through during the mass hysteria that occurred when crack came on the seen. The ability to hold them and the possible long sentences for easy to prove/hard to defend conspiracy charges is why they are charging them federally in what seems clearly to be a local matter. Whats a big fish is a subjective term, but everything I've seen shows he was a drug dealer that was selling to end users and in the drug dealer hierarchy if your place in the pecking order still has you selling to the end user you are not that high up on the pecking order (in fact you are the lowest rung on the latter) and not a big fish (and I'm not basing this on something i saw in a movie or read in a book).

If he had a million dollar bond locally it would be a huge huge deal, but Steve is right read up on how federal drug charges go and you will be shocked at how much power they have over you - people rarely get bail at all - and these conspiracy changers are so easy to prove and so widely applicable it is a little scary how much power they have. I'm guessing a lot of the laws were rammed through during the mass hysteria that occurred when crack came on the seen. The ability to hold them and the possible long sentences for easy to prove/hard to defend conspiracy charges is why they are charging them federally in what seems clearly to be a local matter. Whats a big fish is a subjective term, but everything I've seen shows he was a drug dealer that was selling to end users and in the drug dealer hierarchy if your place in the pecking order still has you selling to the end user you are not that high up on the pecking order (in fact you are the lowest rung on the latter) and not a big fish (and I'm not basing this on something i saw in a movie or read in a book).

Yeah, I think he had dreams/goals/delusions of being a big player, but selling to kids in a club is definitely not the big fish. And, the million dollar bond does make more sense with the federal charges. It is interesting that the Feds are involved in something that does seem to be a local matter,as you mentioned. Perhaps their interest is in the bad Molly that is killing kids or some sort of trafficking? I don't know.

Yeah, I think he had dreams/goals/delusions of being a big player, but selling to kids in a club is definitely not the big fish. And, the million dollar bond does make more sense with the federal charges. It is interesting that the Feds are involved in something that does seem to be a local matter,as you mentioned. Perhaps their interest is in the bad Molly that is killing kids or some sort of trafficking? I don't know.

Just my totally speculative opinion here But my guess that everything stems from a great desire to have the club shut down because of the bad stuff happening. It was necessary to shut it down because 1. it is most likely the right thing to do 2. even if it wasn't the right thing to do it still had to be done for political reasons once the problems there started to be widely publicized. I think they locals partnered with the feds because to get the ball rolling (and again for political reasons) they need to make some bust there. The feds where used because they have use of the conspiracy charge and other advantageous legal tools. So it was the easiest way to do it.

Drug-trafficking is big business for the feds.

It's a chicken-and-egg question of whether they are so involved because they have lots of people in DEA/ATF to keep busy, or whether there's a huge job so they need lots of DEA/ATF, but it's become their world. Federal drug code is more extensive in many areas. Federal penalties tend to be more punitive. They have RICO statutes that can layer on years for the ring-leaders. They have the witness protection business, which can be a helpful tool.

All of it together makes so much of it open to or desired by federal jurisdiction, or handled by a joint investigation. And then, because the federal penalties tend to be more punitive, the prosecution ends up being handled at that level too.

So it came as no surprise to me that this "drug ring" was a bust by the feds. Normal life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste