GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #40 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do all these items in the motion to suppress tell us? They must all connect to show his guilt with his attorney turning in these specific motions. If there was nothing that connects to the case found in his hotmail account or his facebook account, would we still see motions to suppress?

Is anyone planning to go to the trial that can keep us updated?

I wish I could, but too far away. Brittney Feagins? the reporter who has covered the case from the beginning may cover it? Will check twitter for local coverage.

Brittany is no longer a reporter. There will be a lot of press covering the trial that can be followed on social media I believe.

04/18/2016 Motion
Comments: Motion to suppress Evidence and records obtained by Court Order Dated September 8, 2014 Concerning Experian Credit and Financial Records Allegedly Associated with the Defendant

04/18/2016 Motion
Comments: Motion to Suppress Evidence and records Obtained by Court order dated September 4, 2014 Concerning Toll Road Records Allegedly Associated with the Defendant

https://apps.collincountytx.gov/JudicialRecords/Case/1387104/100/Other|Inmate Detail

Brittany is no longer a reporter. There will be a lot of press covering the trial that can be followed on social media I believe.

I have followed the case for so long, I feel like I know the family. I wish there was a way to support them despite being thousands of miles away. I am praying for a speedy trial and that Christina comes home to her family where she belongs.

Anyone else hoping the recent flooding and heavy rains might lead to Christina being found? I hate to put it like that. She just deserves to be in a safe loved place.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Christina - Way down on page 5. We miss you!

Lots of Subpoena activity happening in the court records - no hearings scheduled for all these motions yet. We're about 6 weeks out from trial.

Christina - Way down on page 5. We miss you!

Lots of Subpoena activity happening in the court records - no hearings scheduled for all these motions yet. We're about 6 weeks out from trial.
Very missed. I was hoping for some sort of deal with Enrique to lead us to Christina. Do we know if it was ever offered and/or refused?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

I have followed the case for so long, I feel like I know the family. I wish there was a way to support them despite being thousands of miles away. I am praying for a speedy trial and that Christina comes home to her family where she belongs.

If we find out what restaurants are near the courthouse, we could send gift cards to help with their food expenses.

I would do that. Let me know if you find out any

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If we find out what restaurants are near the courthouse, we could send gift cards to help with their food expenses.

I would do that. Let me know if you find out any

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

That's very nice of you guys to offer. There are a ton of restaurants fairly close by - nothing immediately next to it, because the court house is relatively new. The closest major intersection is University Dr (380) and US75 in McKinney.

There is:
Starbucks
ChickFilA
IHOP
Olive Garden
Taco Cabana
Braums
Applebees
Chilis
Buffalo Wild Wings

You could also do gas cards - Shell is right there, there's lots of QuikTrip and Walmart has gas stations at most locations around here. If you pinged JMom on here, I think she'd help you with delivery. :-)

I would be happy to help!

That's very nice of you guys to offer. There are a ton of restaurants fairly close by - nothing immediately next to it, because the court house is relatively new. The closest major intersection is University Dr (380) and US75 in McKinney.

There is:
Starbucks
ChickFilA
IHOP
Olive Garden
Taco Cabana
Braums
Applebees
Chilis
Buffalo Wild Wings

You could also do gas cards - Shell is right there, there's lots of QuikTrip and Walmart has gas stations at most locations around here. If you pinged JMom on here, I think she'd help you with delivery. :-)

What does this mean?!?!

The defense is arguing for the charges against EA to be thrown out, without a trial. Without the text of the motion, it's completely impossible to know what the basis is, as well as whether or not the points being raised might actually be true, "material," and substantial.

Eventually the judge will decide if there's any merit to this or not (along with the other motions), and if so what to do about it in light of the rights of both the accused and the interests of justice.

05/04/2016 Motion

Comments: Motion to Quash The Indictment : Substance, Form and Constitutional Challenges

https://apps.collincountytx.gov/JudicialRecords/Case/1387104/100/Other|Inmate Detail

Basically, this means they are challenging the actual document. This is usually a "nothing else to challenge, but we are going to try anyways" type of thing....It probably states that they don't agree with how the indictment reads, cases cited for substantiation, etc......

Basically, this means they are challenging the actual document. This is usually a "nothing else to challenge, but we are going to try anyways" type of thing....It probably states that they don't agree with how the indictment reads, cases cited for substantiation, etc......

The title of the motion itself hints that this is not about wording (alone) but is rather a 3-pronged attack - as they are challenging "form" (the wording), "substance" (the basis behind the wording), and something constitutional (in this context likely something having to do with the rights of the accused). My best guess is that they may be claiming something improper about the grand jury itself (which tends to be a pointless exercise, if that's what it is), or that the evidence presented to the GJ came from an illegal search, was fabricated or misinterpreted, or something else is foundationally wrong with the case due to shoddy or unconstitutional police actions.

The idea that this TYPICALLY tends to be a long-shot thing is true, but there's no way to tell whether or not this could have some actual meat to it, without reading the claims offered in the motion. I'd like to be dismissive of it, but ya never know what you don't know.

Are you able to file requests for copies of motions like this? Or is it all confidential?

This makes me sick to read because I actually had a nightmare about a week ago that they dropped all charges against Enrique and set him free. It was a horrible dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter2_1