Found Alive TX - Courtney Roland, 29, Houston, 6 Jan 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
THE BIZARRE DISAPPEARANCE OF THIS COLLEGE FOOTBALL REPORTER RESULTED IN A CRAZED 36-HOUR SEARCH
"She doesn't remember everything."
https://www.maxim.com/sports/college-football-reporter-courtney-roland-missing-2018-1

"Courtney Roland, a 29-year-old reporter in*Houston, was found by police in a Chick-fil-*advertiser censored*Monday morning, ending a bizarre 36-hour search that was aided by high profile sports figures across the country."

Snip

"On Sunday, police scoured Houston for the Rivals.com reporter. She was reportedly spotted at the Galleria, an upscale mall in Houston on Sunday afternoon and then her purse was found there on Sunday night. All the while, people like Dana White, Sports Illustrated's Peter King and ESPN's Sam Ponder pitched in to help."

Snip

"As for what happened, police aren't saying much, except that Roland is thought to have had a bad reaction to a medication. Police said Monday they still don't know what Roland was doing while she was missing, but they think she was looking for her phone, which was in her car the entire time.

"We believe she was looking for her phone, but because she was in a confused state, she wasn’t thinking straight. She came back to the Galleria area, parked her car, and wandered off," Capt. Mark Lentini said Monday."

Inside Courtney Roland's disappearance: Timeline of sightings and known whereabouts
http://abc13.com/inside-journalist-courtney-rolands-disappearance/2914715/

"Saturday, Jan. 6, Afternoon
Roland left a football game and was later captured driving on tollroad cameras in Houston.

Sunday, Jan. 7, 12 a.m.
Roland's mother said she received a weird text from her daughter.

1 a.m.
Roland's mother received more weird texts. The journalist's phone went dead, preventing her loved ones from reaching her.

2 p.m.
Roland was spotted around the Galleria area.

5:30 p.m.
Roland's roommate reports her missing to police.

11 p.m.
A purse belonging to Roland was found in the Starbucks on the 2nd floor of The Galleria.

Between 11 p.m. and midnight
The missing journalist was spotted at the Walgreens store in The Heights at 200 West 20th.

Monday, Jan. 8, 12:30 a.m.
Roland's vehicle recovered at the Galleria.

8:15 a.m.
Citizen told police Roland was walking under the overpass at Richmond and 610. A short time later, she is found at the Chick-fil-A nearby."

From Sports Illiustrated and Maxim, to BBC...like I said, if she was still missing there would probably be hundreds of people in this thread right now!! This had high profile written all over it from the start.

This was a good case for reference, as far as don't always think the worst!

It's also interesting to read everyone's stories about prescription bad reactions!

I hope that Courtney is recovering well and she will continue on with her bright career after she has recovered.

And yes, Magz, we would be on thread 20 by now I think lol. By the time I got here late at night, only a couple hours after the thread had been started, you guys were already 11 pages in.

I hope that Courtney is recovering well and she will continue on with her bright career after she has recovered.

And yes, Magz, we would be on thread 20 by now I think lol. By the time I got here late at night, only a couple hours after the thread had been started, you guys were already 11 pages in.

Yes, time is so of essence initially!

Wow. I have never read into her case until now and will say that I'm sleeping with the lights on. That is by far the scariest case I've ever read about. Is there an ID show about her or anything?
Sorry for the OT and VERY glad this had a happy ending

Sleeping with your lights on isn't gonna help if your mom is the crazy one like Morgan's is lol. That was some form of non-medical Munchausen by proxy. So bizarre.

Sleeping with your lights on isn't gonna help if your mom is the crazy one like Morgan's is lol. That was some form of non-medical Munchausen by proxy. So bizarre.

oh my gosh no WAY!! The mom was crazy?? LOL ok I'm just diving in. Thread 1 here I come

oh my gosh no WAY!! The mom was crazy?? LOL ok I'm just diving in. Thread 1 here I come

SORRY ALL - OT... Misti - promise you won't come back and tell us what a waste of your time it was reading Morgan's threads (and T's blogs if you get that far). Spoiler: Morgan committed suicide but mom will never accept it. Your have such a gentle soul, but you're no dummy - I learned that from Maricela's thread/case/disappearance and murder. There is no wonderful climax to Morgan's story, no real closure, no sense of justice for that young woman...

A friend of mine flipped out a couple of years ago. She totally invented her boyfriend was in an accident on the side of the road and kept riding around town searching for him. She had planned to meet him and he was at home waiting on her and became concerned when she didn't show up and called her family. They alerted LE and thankfully realized they needed to take it seriously from the beginning. They searched her tags via the traffic camera and saw her going over and over a bridge for hours. They finally were able to find her and stop her. She totally had a break down over a "crisis" in her mind. Sadly she was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's a few months later. She was only 49 at the time. It took years for her and her family to accept the diagnosis. Her incident lead to her finally getting help. We had been seeing her struggle for years but no one wanted to face how serious it really is. So I do believe the confusion and loss of memory whether medicine reaction or a mental issue.

I don't get that vibe here. I think Courtney really did have a medical incident of some kind whereas SP completely made up her "abduction."

Me neither. Courtney deserves all the support she can get while SP...

To save yourself time, listen to the podcasts that have been done on the case. Sword and Scale has one, Thinking Sideways, and Mysterious Circumstances. I swear I listened to one recently that was by yet another podcast, but I can't remember which one. I'll try to figure it out and post if I remember.

I listened to the Sword and Scale podcast today and clips from the Dr. Phil interview! Wow is all I can say.

Buckle up...it's going to be a bumpy ride :hilarious:

Lol, seriously though. It’s been quite some time back, I jumped on that crazy train and I regret EVERY.SINGLE.MINUTE. of it. Take others advice. Find a Cliff’s Note’s version. The threads here are entirely too time consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An update from Courtney
187bc0a778cda9b971d327ded7673a50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reporter who claims medicine caused disorientation tweets about being released from hospital

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --

After days in the hospital and extensive testing, a sports reporter who was missing in Houston is recovering.

<Snip>

A week later, Roland tweeted that she's been released from the hospital after five days of extensive testing that confirmed she suffered a reaction to prescription medication.

"I am doing much better and look forward to returning back to work covering Texas A&M football for Rivals.com when the time is right. I would like to thank the doctors, nurses and support staff at Houston Methodist for providing me with expert medical care," Roland posted.

Thank you all for your prayers! pic.twitter.com/wbFA68BBfK

http://abc13.com/reporter-disoriented-by-medicine-is-out-of-hospital/2947402/

I'm not doubting her story but I don't understand how that happened. Is there someone here with a medical background who can give a layman's explanation of what might have happened in a little detail?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery
Back