Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not loading properly for me, but I have crappy internet so that might be why.

You can also see it here on Youtube at the 1:11 mark. [video=youtube;6ww6lUZvg5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ww6lUZvg5Y[/video]

Is there a link to where her ex's texts are published? There's a lot of talk about what he said or did not say so I'd like to see screenshots if possible

Someone mentioned in another post that because of his job "jeweler", he had a pretty significant security system in place.

He isn't a "jeweler". He is a highly accomplished gemologist and diamond broker. Why the quotation marks around jeweler, anyways?

Plenty of FB groups for that. Just not here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. But I like this group! I know we can't sleuth him, and I wouldn't know where to start. I'm always amazed at what sleuthers here find, so really I desperately want everyone else to sleuth them so I can stay up all night reading!

I hope this doesn't offend anyone but does the uncle have an alibi?Nothing surprises me anymore about family members killing each other.You never know.
I can't see this at all. Absolutely not

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You can also see it here on Youtube at the 1:11 mark. [video=youtube;6ww6lUZvg5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ww6lUZvg5Y[/video]

The video is limited to US viewing only. Anyone outside USA cannot view it. This was done by the person who uploaded the video according to YouTube.

I've been trawling through the media report to no avail. Has anyone seen the time when the missing person report being filed?

Who reported Crystal missing?

Her uncle reported her missing but I don't know exactly when.

I can't see this at all. Absolutely not

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I agree. That man is destroyed over this. He loves his niece probably more than anyone else in the world does.

The video is limited to US viewing only. Anyone outside USA cannot view it. This was done by the person who uploaded the video according to YouTube.

If you google her name and then select "video" you can find news stories about her with the footage. That is how I located the CBS one.

I read in one article that the bf said they only had met and started dating 6 weeks ago.
Seems a bit odd to be saying I love you so soon, imo.
And staying overnight. But I'm a bit of a prude so....

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I looked again with the street view of Google Earth using the main intersection down the road from the billboard and it definately looks as if she could have taken it sitting at the intersection an zooming in on photo. I don't think my theory but of her getting to take it stands anymore.
attachment.php

Just started following this case, and I have a dumb question. Was the dishwasher delivered to the ex-husband's home, or Crystal's (which I've read was being remodeled)? Edited to add: do we have proof that this actually happened? It's a silly detail, but it is one of the things I'm stuck on.

And an observation about the billboard: at the moment, its 6:30 am in NYC and it's pretty light out. The sun has risen already. I imagine that the sky in Texas wouldn't be as dark at 7:00 in the morning as it is in the billboard photo. So maybe she snapped the photo at night and saved it? It doesn't seem that she snapped it and sent it right away. Unless she were doing that well before 7:00 am. It's really dark in that photo; I cannot believe the photo was taken at 7:00 am.

Nothing has been confirmed as yet on where and if a dishwasher was actually delivered. There is also "surveillance" video that shows her supposedly leaving the BF's home that morning to go pick the kids and the sun coming in from the shutter blinds shows it is broad daylight. Another person that lives in Baytown said he was driving by the jewelry store sign at about the same time Crystal was supposedly driving by there and he said it was pitch black. Lots of confusion for sure.

It does seem shady, but we are only getting clips of a whole video. The whole video may show her walking through, putting on a black coat (if it's a coat) over the pink dress and leaving. Or taking off the black coat before she walked out, revealing the pink dress. Not sure what order those stills/videos are suppose to be in.
If that is the case, (which it may be) they would need to update the clothing description. To a black coat as that would have covered up the purple and pink dress. I am one of those people who hate to drive in coats. Especially if they are longer coats. Unless, I walk a little farther to my car I would a take it off once in my car. I wonder if she parks in the garage at his home? Good thought! They probably should include that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

What if that light wasn't sun but an outside light right outside the window that the camera was picking up and exposing?

I looked again with the street view of Google Earth using the main intersection down the road from the billboard and it definately looks as if she could have taken it sitting at the intersection an zooming in on photo. I don't think my theory but of her getting to take it stands anymore.
attachment.php

Just started following this case, and I have a dumb question. Was the dishwasher delivered to the ex-husband's home, or Crystal's (which I've read was being remodeled)? Edited to add: do we have proof that this actually happened? It's a silly detail, but it is one of the things I'm stuck on.

And an observation about the billboard: at the moment, its 6:30 am in NYC and it's pretty light out. The sun has risen already. I imagine that the sky in Texas wouldn't be as dark at 7:00 in the morning as it is in the billboard photo. So maybe she snapped the photo at night and saved it? It doesn't seem that she snapped it and sent it right away. Unless she were doing that well before 7:00 am. It's really dark in that photo; I cannot believe the photo was taken at 7:00 am.

Is it weird to anyone else that the BF has cameras inside his house? And then he's like "oh. I have video of her from the day she went missing but I'm only going to give you stills because it's not important and they don't show anything." Isn't that odd? Is it just me?

I read that he is a jeweler. I'm sure he takes some of his work home with him. We have cameras inside that point outside. I can rotate them to look inside the house and hear what's going on when I'm not there. We also have an app to view while away. Still photos on the app are much easier to send to someone than video. I have to download the video footage and a lot of times it's to large to send by text or email. It has to be transferred by cloud storage or a flash drive. We can't change the date or time without deleting the current footage stored. I tired this because the time is different at our lake house.

That's a later time than previously thought..in regards to what time she actually left the BF's house. I am also confused about the dress. Footage shows her in black and also in pink/purple. Someone mentioned the black could have been a coat, but two things here: it's August, why a long coat? And also, of it wa a coat and she removed it (revealing the pink/purple dress) why do we not see her in footage carrying it in her arms?

Dear BF has also changed his story about what she was wearing, first it's a purplish/pink dress then he changed it to black. In addition, he claims he was in the shower when she left and never actually watched her walk out of the home.

Is bf the owner or manager of the jewelry store? I seem to have read it that he owns it, then I read manager. I can't locate a definite source either way. TIA

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member