TX- Dad drugged at a Montrose bar after drinking his wife’s drink roofied by a ‘creepy’ guy, Houston, July '24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is the entire interaction on video?
I would assume so, but from what I can find, there’s only a short clip of the video online. It’s from the bar’s surveillance cameras, so I assume they were continuously filming. The clip shows a man walking out of the bar (or maybe into another room of the bar?)

why does it matter that he's a husband and a father? weird.
Because there is this idea that we don't see victims as people unless we relate them to others.

It's especially blatant in coverage of violent crimes against women and girls. How often do we see a woman described as 'mother, sister, daughter, wife' and that is held up as a reason for why she was not deserving of what happened?

It should be enough that someone was a living, feeling being. Not that they had a large assortment of family and friends. There are victims who have absolutely no one who loves or cares for them. They are just as much victims as those with dozens of social connections.

MOO

There are rumors online that the drug test was positive for buprenorphine. Buprenorphine does not show up on regular or expanded drug tests, per drugs.com:
"Although buprenorphine is similar to opioids, it is sufficiently distinct in structure to morphine that it essentially shows no reactivity in commonly marketed morphine-specific immunoassays.

Detection of buprenorphine requires entirely separate immunoassays that are specific for this compounds, or another sort of testing, such as liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry, which is expensive."

There are rumors online that the drug test was positive for buprenorphine. Buprenorphine does not show up on regular or expanded drug tests, per drugs.com:
"Although buprenorphine is similar to opioids, it is sufficiently distinct in structure to morphine that it essentially shows no reactivity in commonly marketed morphine-specific immunoassays.

Detection of buprenorphine requires entirely separate immunoassays that are specific for this compounds, or another sort of testing, such as liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry, which is expensive."
If they got a 12 or 14 panel test from Walgreens, it will show up.

Wow! The comments on the article linked in the OP are downright harsh!

Small town, I'm guessing.
I’m thinking it’s hard to take this news story seriously as presented in this piece, so maybe that’s why the joke-y comments there.

It feels like the reporter was treating what you’d think is a serious issue and story in a flippant way.

For example:
in the video, why does the reporter show a re-creation of when the unknown man sat next to Melissa and said what he said to her—by using himself to play both Melissa and the unknown man? Just weird.

JMO

This is the link from the first post in this thread that I am referring to:

I’m thinking it’s hard to take this news story seriously as presented in this piece, so maybe that’s why the joke-y comments there.

It feels like the reporter was treating what you’d think is a serious issue and story in a flippant way.

For example:
in the video, why does the reporter show a re-creation of when the unknown man sat next to Melissa and said what he said to her—by using himself to play both Melissa and the unknown man? Just weird.

JMO

This is the link from the first post in this thread that I am referring to:

yeah that was bizarre and disrespectful IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member