TX - Dana Magnuson, 62, found stabbed to death in her backyard, Houston, NW Harris County, 20 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

marybelle29

Reaction score
Yes, sadly I couldn't find any updates since the initial reporting of her murder one week ago. I haven't even seen the Sheriff’s Office indicate if there is a likely ongoing threat to the public, which often sheds light on whether LE believes it was a random vs domestic motivated crime. Nearby residents and neighbors are begging for an update in the comment section of the Sheriff’s Office post I linked above, but it seems to have been met with radio silence. Hopefully that means LE is on the right track and moving in on making an arrest soon.

According to HCSO, deputies responded to Magnuson's home, in the Hockley area of northwest Harris County, at about 7 p.m. Her body was found in the backyard shed, but investigators believe she was first attacked in her hot tub behind her house. There was a struggle, they believe, that moved from the hot tub to the house and then to the shed, where she was found.

Sources told ABC Houston affiliate KTRK that the teen told investigators he wanted to see what it was like to stab someone.

Dana’s son is interviewed, sounds like he had a very close relationship with his Mom.

The 15 year old had helped Dana with yard work. So this wasn’t a random attack on a stranger, he knew her. Sounds like they may consider trying him as an adult.

This is just another unbearable case of a younger male taking such advantage of an older female.

There have been a number of these lately ( look at the sad sad case of Roberta martin in rural VT)

Raises such caution for all of us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back