TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ilovemew, thank you for reading Deanna's thread! What I have been told about the 95 incident:
It was in Hurst Texas. There were no reports or anything like that. Deanna's name and birthdate were ran through the system and that was it. It could have been a traffic incident, she could have just been walking down the street acting suspiciously. I don't think she was the victim or perpetrator of a crime with this incident because if she were there would have been a report.
The tattoo info was NOT given at that time. That info was from an unreliable source (read:pathological liar). I hate to sound harsh about that, but it ticks me off to no end.And the person who gave that info knows who they are and if they happen to read here I would LOVE for them to give us an explanation.

I agree Missie--I would really love for that person to explain why they told LE that Deanna has tattoos. IF she has seen Deanna since the time her own family has seen her, why does she not come forth with more info??

For that matter, why doesn't anyone come forth with more information? Don't people understand that there is a family missing their sister, and they deserve some answers. Please come forward either here, Deanna's myspace page, or her facebook page!

I agree Missie--I would really love for that person to explain why they told LE that Deanna has tattoos. IF she has seen Deanna since the time her own family has seen her, why does she not come forth with more info??

For that matter, why doesn't anyone come forth with more information? Don't people understand that there is a family missing their sister, and they deserve some answers. Please come forward either here, Deanna's myspace page, or her facebook page!

Okay so I deduce this person is a she. I was thinking a he (don't know why and don't think it matters anyway). Thank you for clearing things up Missie. There are some people you read about on here that just stick with you. Deanna and Rose are for sure stuck in my head. I really hope you will receive some answers Missie! There is that show "disseappeared" that features missing persons cases. Maybe you can try contacting them. Also that show "missing". I used to know the contact info. for that show. You can google it easily. It never hurts to try.

If her name and birthdate were ran why did she not pop up as missing? Or did she and since she was over eighteen by than it was cleared? I'm very confused on that. She was taken off the missing list right after that but since she was a minor when she was reported wouldn't her family have to be notified at least that she was alright... even without telling where she was? Someone help me on this... thanks.

Perhaps printing a bunch of Deanna's fliers and posting them around Hurst Texas might yield a clue. I'm thinking that someone with no i.d. or birth certificate (she didn't necassarily have to show i.d. when her name and bd were run) would find work as a waitress, at a motel/hotel a bar or places like that. I would start by posting fliers there. Maybe someone she worked with would recognize her. I'd love to help but I don't live in Texas. I'm sure we could find posters who do.

Missie-- Has anyone ever contacted Hurst LE directly to find out why Deanna would show up in their system, but not have a case file?

ilovemew, thank you for reading Deanna's thread! What I have been told about the 95 incident:
It was in Hurst Texas. There were no reports or anything like that. Deanna's name and birthdate were ran through the system and that was it. It could have been a traffic incident, she could have just been walking down the street acting suspiciously. I don't think she was the victim or perpetrator of a crime with this incident because if she were there would have been a report.
The tattoo info was NOT given at that time. That info was from an unreliable source (read:pathological liar). I hate to sound harsh about that, but it ticks me off to no end.And the person who gave that info knows who they are and if they happen to read here I would LOVE for them to give us an explanation.

Jules, I believe Sgt. D did that and was told what I previously posted. At least that's what he told me anyways.

ilovemew-I agree that we need to get flyers posted but unfortunately I don't live in Texas either. I wish I did-it sure would make things a lot easier lol.

Ok guys--I need your help. I have a potentially big lead...

I was thinking about Deanna again, and I was thinking that if she did run away, that at 13, she would need some help. Skipper had helped her in the past, so why wouldn't he help again, right?
So, I did a search on ancestry for a Deanna Michelle White. And guess what I found? A Deann Michelle White born Feb 18, 1977. (In Dallas) Coincidence? Probably, but very interesting none the less. And when I started looking into Deanna M White, I found that a Deanna M White married someone from Kentucky in Aug, 1995. Another interesting coincidence! I wonder if they went back to TX to see someone before or after they got married? Like someone in Hurst, TX, which is right outside of Dallas. Oh--the County that this Deanna got married in is 3 hours (approx) from Horse Cave, KY. It also appears that at one time, this Deanna's husband lived approx. 25 miles from Horse Cave. What do you guys think?

I was thinking about Deanna again, and I was thinking that if she did run away, that at 13, she would need some help. Skipper had helped her in the past, so why wouldn't he help again, right?
So, I did a search on ancestry for a Deanna Michelle White. And guess what I found? A Deann Michelle White born Feb 18, 1977. (In Dallas) Coincidence? Probably, but very interesting none the less. And when I started looking into Deanna M White, I found that a Deanna M White married someone from Kentucky in Aug, 1995. Another interesting coincidence! I wonder if they went back to TX to see someone before or after they got married? Like someone in Hurst, TX, which is right outside of Dallas. Oh--the County that this Deanna got married in is 3 hours (approx) from Horse Cave, KY. It also appears that at one time, this Deanna's husband lived approx. 25 miles from Horse Cave. What do you guys think?

So you think she married someone in Skipper's family or Skipper himself?
To get married do you have to have a birth ceritificate or social security card or something??

What's the signifigance of Horse Cave? Sorry I just can't remember.

This does sound like something we should look into further. I have a few questions:
You said this Deanna was born in Dallas, our Deanna was born in Killeen....I wonder how or if the Dallas birth has been verified?
Also, I also have to wonder who she could have married in his family? I don't remember anyone talking about any of Skipper's relatives (before or after the disappearance) other than his sister and his Mom.

No---in the discussions in the past, it was determined that Skipper helped Deanna get away from her abusive stepfather. Perhaps he helped her again, and someone in his family took her in, and thus gave her the last name of White.

So you think she married someone in Skipper's family or Skipper himself?
To get married do you have to have a birth ceritificate or social security card or something??

I will look into the Dallas birth cert--I think I did find one with a fathers name on it. I was not thinking Deanna married anyone in Skipper's family, just that they helped her get away. Missie--Do you know if Victor ever talked to Skipper? Do you know what his mom or sisters names are? Was his sister Deanna's age? Maybe they "shared" ID so she could get away from Roy?

This does sound like something we should look into further. I have a few questions:
You said this Deanna was born in Dallas, our Deanna was born in Killeen....I wonder how or if the Dallas birth has been verified?
Also, I also have to wonder who she could have married in his family? I don't remember anyone talking about any of Skipper's relatives (before or after the disappearance) other than his sister and his Mom.

Two of Missie's sisters received a collect call from someone that they thought was Deanna in about 1992--when they accepted the charges, the person hung up. The collect call was traced to a pay phone in Horse Cave, KY.

What's the signifigance of Horse Cave? Sorry I just can't remember.

Two of Missie's sisters received a collect call from someone that they thought was Deanna in about 1992--when they accepted the charges, the person hung up. The collect call was traced to a pay phone in Horse Cave, KY.

Ahh thank you. I knew about the call just didn't realize it was Horse Cave KY.

Could the same person who told about the tattoos have been messing with the family and called saying they were Deanna? Does this person live in KY or close to there or have family they would have been visiting there??

Skipper's profile on myspace is private. I would love to see if he has any pics on his page and if perhaps there would be clues there. Also looking at the friends he has on there could be helpful. I didn't want to send a friend request because I think it is against TOS on here. We're not supposed to involve ourselves personally like that. I don't even know if he would accept anyway.

There are a lot of Deanna White's on myspace. There were a few that were located in Texas. What age would Deanna be now? 33-35 I think.

1320498czuct7101i.gif

Yes, she would be 33.
Ahh thank you. I knew about the call just didn't realize it was Horse Cave KY.

Could the same person who told about the tattoos have been messing with the family and called saying they were Deanna? Does this person live in KY or close to there or have family they would have been visiting there??

Skipper's profile on myspace is private. I would love to see if he has any pics on his page and if perhaps there would be clues there. Also looking at the friends he has on there could be helpful. I didn't want to send a friend request because I think it is against TOS on here. We're not supposed to involve ourselves personally like that. I don't even know if he would accept anyway.

There are a lot of Deanna White's on myspace. There were a few that were located in Texas. What age would Deanna be now? 33-35 I think.

Just some random thoughts:

1) Re: the 1995 sighting. Normally people's names/dates of birth are run through the system because of a traffic stop, right? So a) has Sgt. D. checked to see whether Deanna has a driver's license? I would think he would have checked into that, but it's worth a second look, right? b)If she doesn't, that means she could have either been stopped in the street or was a passenger in someone's car. of course there's always c) she witnessed an accident or something.

2) A formal investigation wasn't launched until 2007 or thereabouts, correct? Is it possible that sometime in her adult working life Deanna may have been a victim of identity theft thus requiring a social security number change? (identity theft wasn't that prevalent in the 1990s, but since the formal investigation didn't begin until 2007 or so, there are a few years beforehand where this could have happened and a SS number change was required) Do they even change SS numbers because of identity theft? Or forget identity theft, maybe something happened to her that necessitated a SS number change.

3) What if Deanna applied for a new social security number even though she already had one? She was young, and maybe didn't even know she had a social security number. in the early 1990s their records can't have been totally on computer.

I just think these things are key. driver's license/social security number. who knows, there might have been people in these offices who helped Deanna out with a new identity. You just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member