TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did a hard search using different types of search engines running her name. I came up with a pic that may or may not mean anything.
https://s23.postimg.org/9plgab2or/IMG_1658.jpg
The place I found this on is hard to get to. A screen pops up automatically and says you have been infected with a virus blah blah. It was tricky but I got it.
Good luck.

I'm not sure if anyone still reads this thread but I just read through all this and had an idea that I haven't seen brought up yet.

Sgt. D had said that she had contact with LE in 1995 and that she was not arrested or detained. He also said the record of this contact was difficult to find.

If Sgt D had run any sort of search for her name, it would not have been difficult to find. I do not think the record was in her name, but it may have very well been a criminal record or incident report under the name of someone she was with.

I would start by looking for criminal records in the Hurst area for the names of people she knew. My guess is that it was hard to find because he ran the criminal records of the names Deannas family gave him and then had to read through the reports in other jurisdictions to eventually find a mention of her.

Criminal records are public so if any of her known friends/associates were 18 or over in 1995 and had a criminal incident in Hurst, you may find the reference to her in the police report or court documents b

Bumping this. Looks like Missie hasn't been around in a while. Any new updates?

I came across Deanna's case while searching for local ones on WS. I've read through all 4 threads and think I'm all caught up now. Had a couple comments / questions.

- Skip does not seem like a standup guy. He has a long rap sheet, and it's not simple drug possession. Prohibited weapons (switchblade/knuckles), delivery of marijuana over 5lbs, assault causing bodily injury to a family member, and terroristic threat of family/household. I'd be interested to see if he was actually ever interviewed or looked at further considering he was a friend at the time of her disappearance and has showed violent tendencies throughout his life.
- I put in a records request with Hurst Police Department to see if I can get any details on the 1995 incident. I'm not too hopeful, but we'll see what they say.

Does anyone know who the current detective @ KPD assigned to the case is?

Also just filed an open records request with KPD for all related case files. Will update if I hear anything.

I'm not sure if anyone still reads this thread but I just read through all this and had an idea that I haven't seen brought up yet.

Sgt. D had said that she had contact with LE in 1995 and that she was not arrested or detained. He also said the record of this contact was difficult to find.

If Sgt D had run any sort of search for her name, it would not have been difficult to find. I do not think the record was in her name, but it may have very well been a criminal record or incident report under the name of someone she was with.

I would start by looking for criminal records in the Hurst area for the names of people she knew. My guess is that it was hard to find because he ran the criminal records of the names Deannas family gave him and then had to read through the reports in other jurisdictions to eventually find a mention of her.

Criminal records are public so if any of her known friends/associates were 18 or over in 1995 and had a criminal incident in Hurst, you may find the reference to her in the police report or court documents b

Also kind of talking to myself here, but I had another theory about this 1995 incident. I believe her older sister Amy was living in this county (Tarrant) at one point. I wonder if her or her husband, or the PI that was hired, asked a friend in Hurst PD to simply run her name to see if anything popped up, in an attempt to find Deanna. Anyway, just an idea.

- I put in a records request with Hurst Police Department to see if I can get any details on the 1995 incident. I'm not too hopeful, but we'll see what they say.

From Hurst PD:

"We were unable to locate any documents responsive to your request. We no longer have information from the requested time frame."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back