TX TX - Destin Henderson, 39, was with a friend who later got a key to his apt by claiming that he's his brother, car found, Houston, 24 Oct 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
UCIYWX73E5FMDECAG3DHI5YLLU.png

TPCRT7I4XRA37C64UERREJ2E2M.png

JUL 1, 2024, article.

For Lawana Shaw, the daily calls with her son Destin Henderson were a lifeline.

But on October 24, 2023, those calls abruptly stopped and Destin disappeared without a trace, leaving his family desperate for answers and haunted by suspicions.

During their final conversation on October 24, Destin told Lawana that one of his friends was there with him.

“I told him to call me back and I never got that call,” she recalled.

On October 26, the friend called and asked if Lawana’s son was alright because he hadn’t heard from him. Lawana then asked where her son was.

“The friend had my son’s work phone and started sending me pictures of the inside of my son’s home. I said, ‘what are you doing in my son’s room?’ He said he told management he was his brother and they gave him a key.”

More at Missing in Houston: Where is Destin Henderson?

NamUs page

Last edited:
MAR 25, 2024, article. For some reason, Destin's age is stated to be 34, not 39.

Lawana’s son, Destin Henderson, has been missing for five months. The 34-year-old was last heard from on October 24, 2023, in Harris County, Texas.

“He didn’t just walk away from his happy life,” Lawana said.

Destin is originally from Los Angeles, California. Lawana said her son moved to Ohio, then eventually to Houston for work. “He was a job developer and he loved what he did,” Lawana told Dateline. “He loved going out in the fields and reaching out and helping people.”

Destin shares custody of his 17-year-old daughter. She had just visited her father shortly before his disappearance. “No sooner than she left, something happened,” Lawana Shaw told Dateline.

More at Mother fighting for answers in October 2023 disappearance of Texas man Destin Henderson; “I’m on a mission”

The friend's behavior is very suspicious, IMO.

Destin's friend is Devante Clark, who is a POI in the disappearance of Karen Miles who has been missing from Missouri City, TX since August 21, 2024. Clark was arrested when he was found driving her car.

Texas EquuSearch recently gave LE information that Clark was also a POI in two cases they were working on from Oct 2023. In both cases, the cars have been found but the people are still missing. One of those people is undoubtedly Destin.

The following linked article is from September 11, 2024 and has a lot of information about the connection between the two men. Destin's family say that they have always been suspicious about Clark.

More information about Devante Clark can be found in Karen Miles' WS thread:

Last edited:

Destin's friend is Devante Clark, who is a POI in the disappearance of Karen Miles who has been missing from Missouri City, TX since August 21, 2024. Clark was arrested when he was found driving her car.

Texas EquuSearch recently gave LE information that Clark was also a POI in two cases they were working on from Oct 2023. In both cases, the cars have been found but the people are still missing. One of those people is undoubtedly Destin.

The following linked article is from September 11, 2024 and has a lot of information about the connection between the two men. Destin's family say that they have always been suspicious about Clark.

More information about Devante Clark can be found in Karen Miles' WS thread:

The article indicates that Karen's skeletal remains may have been found but not yet identified and no cause of death is given.

The article indicates that Karen's skeletal remains may have been found but not yet identified and no cause of death is given.

It was announced Sept 13 that the remains of Karen Miles have been positively identified, and that she died from a single gunshot wound. Devante Clark has now been charged with aggravated robbery and capital murder.

According to charging documents, Miles was held at gunpoint in the parking lot of her senior living complex in the 10000 block of the South Sam Houston Parkway. Clark approached her with a gun as she was getting into her Ford Explorer and a witness also saw Clark get into the vehicle, records state.

SEP 14, 2024
  • Destin's mother lives in CA and said she last talked to him on Oct 23 about 7:19, which was 9:19 in TX.
  • The article doesn't say whether that was a.m. or p.m.
  • She said he wanted to tell her something but never called back.
  • She knew something was wrong because they talked 10, 12 times a day.
  • Destin's sister said the day he went missing, he told her he was going to Davante's house to help him move.
  • The family said Destin’s car was found in March less than a mile from his apt complex.

The man accused of killing 61-year-old Karen Miles is now named as a person of interest in another case.

This time around, Davante Clark, 28, is believed to be linked to the disappearance of Destin Henderson, 39.

This week, investigators and members of Texas EquuSearch have been looking for signs of Henderson in empty fields in Harris County.

The man accused of killing 61-year-old Karen Miles is now named as a person of interest in another case.

This time around, Davante Clark, 28, is believed to be linked to the disappearance of Destin Henderson, 39.

This week, investigators and members of Texas EquuSearch have been looking for signs of Henderson in empty fields in Harris County.
Davante Clark is no good. I don't think Destin is alive sadly

Wowie. It turns out that Texas EquuSearch was even the ones to link Davante to both cases… good on them per usual but dang, I’m impressed!
Court documents obtained by KHOU 11 News said on September 4, 2023, Texas EquuSearch emailed detectives saying there were two investigations where Clark was a person of interest in a pair of stolen vehicle cases where the victims were never found. One of those cases dated October 24, the day of Henderson’s disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly
Back