Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Detta Dee Taylor Maris
1490643318.jpg

Detta Dee Taylor Maris (left) was last seen July 14, 1990

On July 14, 1990, Detta Dee Taylor Maris, 35, vanished from her Pasadena home in the 6200 block of Georgiana Street.

Taylor, who was a housewife, lived at the home with her husband, Wiley Ray Maris, and their teenaged daughter.

Her body was found eight months later.
At the time of his wife's disappearance, Maris was questioned by police but revealed very little to investigators or family members.

Eight months after she disappeared, her badly decomposed body was found in a rice field in Liberty County.

The cause of her death was ruled a homicide.

Anyone with any information on these cases is asked to call the Pasadena Police Department at 713-475-5590.

LINK:
Pasadena's Cold Case Killings Leave Police Baffled

Hi, not a sleuth but I am definitely living in the house of her former husband and I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can. Weird things I can’t go into, some interesting comments from police and neighbors. I’m not trying to slander anyone but it’s so suspicious and I discovered this case when looking at my home’s history due to suspicious activity previously mentioned. You can imagine my shock to learn I might be living in a murder’s home. Anyway, whatever info you have on Wiley Maris besides what I see can see on google is greatly appreciated. One comment that is common is the amount of police that were frequently here. I’m failing to find any arrests, was he friends with cops? Idk but it’s just a very weird situation and any help is appreciated!

Hi, not a sleuth but I am definitely living in the house of her former husband and I’ve been trying to learn as much as I can. Weird things I can’t go into, some interesting comments from police and neighbors. I’m not trying to slander anyone but it’s so suspicious and I discovered this case when looking at my home’s history due to suspicious activity previously mentioned. You can imagine my shock to learn I might be living in a murder’s home. Anyway, whatever info you have on Wiley Maris besides what I see can see on google is greatly appreciated. One comment that is common is the amount of police that were frequently here. I’m failing to find any arrests, was he friends with cops? Idk but it’s just a very weird situation and any help is appreciated!
Hi Heather, I know right where you live. I grew up in Pasadena. Some of my close family lived in a subdivision across Spencer Hwy, in Cresthaven. Didn't even know of Ms. Detta Dee, until many years after she was murdered. I did not personally know Wiley, as you see in my post he passed. He apparently worked at Shell as an Instrumentation man. A very close family member of mine also worked for Shell while he was there and said that Wiley was an unassuming man, quiet, to himself. My family member also mentioned that the police "wanted him for it" meaning that the police were trying to pin the murder on him but they never could. I doubt Wiley was close friends to anyone in Pasadena PD as the cold case has remained on their site for many years with mention that Wiley was not cooperative. In some research I did years ago, I stumbled across some heresay that mentioned direct contact from some with Wiley in area bars and that he said he was "never married." That some felt he was a bit odd...other than speculation there has never been anything to tie him to the murder that I am aware of and now he has passed. I always thought it was wild how he continued to live in that house. Be well.

Wiley was in a relationship with someone I know when he passed. Last I spoke to her about everything, she told me she was getting somewhere with settlements and was using funds to help continue care of his Mother. While I know longer speak to her or her Daughter's I know their is/was a legal battle going on over his estate. A rumor was also going around that it was found his Daughter was not actually his. Again all "pasadena rumors" of course. I didn't know Wiley at all, but I do know many people that did. It seems 50/50 on who liked him and who didn't. I was told many times he killed her and got away with it. Unfotunately it looks like it will forever be a cold case file.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firminouk
Back