TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't agree more, wow! The one you're referring to, to me, appears to have the same side facial profile.....a rather "flat" facial. profile. Hope that LE noticed this too and questioned that women, who she is..just a random/stranger who was offering condolences or? Also, maybe not someone related to an ex of the victim but could be an ex of the new guy she was with?

Agree driver of Jeep female and face profile looks like it could be Asian. Almost looks like one of the women in pics associated with the article.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/04/neighbor-heard-gunshots-found-dentist-dead-in-uptown-garage/

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Police announced the arrest early Saturday of a 22-year-old woman in the murder of Uptown dentist Dr. Kendra Hatcher.
Crystal Cortez is being held on a $250,000 bond.
“Arrestee Crystal has admitted her involvement in the murder and has given detectives information that other unidentified suspects may have been involved,” said Dallas Police Senior Corporal Melinda Gutierrez.
An arrest warrant affidavit released by Dallas Police indicates a person contacted a DPD officer after seeing pictures of his Jeep Cherokee on local news reports in relation to the murder.
That person told detectives he had loaned the vehicle to Cortez. The suspect voluntarily came to DPD Headquarters and talked with detectives.

<modsnip>

So she was targeted...but only for a robbery? Doesn't make sense to me.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/09/04/neighbor-heard-gunshots-found-dentist-dead-in-uptown-garage/

&#8220;During her interview, she admitted that she conspired with an unnamed individual for $500 to drive an unknown male suspect &#8230; and commit the offense of robbery,&#8221; the warrant said.
It goes on to say the unknown male suspect shot Hatcher and took several items from her."

So it seems like there was somebody in the back seat?

What kind of animals do this?????? Why not just steal a car? (not that stealing a car is a great idea, but that's a far jump from KILLING somebody)

Think about this...someone is willing to pay $500 for a driver to take him to a robbery in a parking garage. Not in her office or home that might have other things of value...but in the garage. How did he know that she would have enough of value on her person to make paying the driver $500 worthwhile?

This is someone with a very close connection or it was NOT about robbery at all, no matter what Cortez was told.

Think about this...someone is willing to pay $500 for a driver to take him to a robbery in a parking garage. Not in her office or home that might have other things of value...but in the garage. How did he know that she would have enough of value on her person to make paying the driver $500 worthwhile?

This is someone with a very close connection or it was NOT about robbery at all, no matter what Cortez was told.

It's not about robbery, unless the item stolen is of immense value. I think this was personal. JMO.

So glad to learn of the first arrest today! I think the next is soon to follow.

Just learned through local channels that this victim was the niece of a prominent member of the medical community here in Indiana. This person is referring to her murder as an 'assassination'. Heartbreaking.

Yes, I don't think this was about robbery. I think the main perp told Cortez this was to be a robbery to get her to agree to participate. It would be a hard sell to find a driver if you told them that you were going to execute someone in a parking garage.

Yes, I don't think this was about robbery. I think the main perp told Cortez this was to be a robbery to get her to agree to participate. It would be hard sell to find a driver if you told them that you were going to execute someone in a parking garage.

The whole story makes no sense. A 22 yr old woman would KNOW something is up if somebody offered them $500 to drive them to a local parking garage. Probably by the end of the day there will be more arrests.

Do we have a mug shot yet?
One news article above stated that CC's last names ends in an "s" but most of the article posts her last name ending in a "z"........hmmm???

So she was targeted...but only for a robbery? Doesn't make sense to me.

Why would these freaks plan and target one person for a robbery? I always thought robberies were kind of random.

Has anyone found any social media for her yet? It's a pretty common name in Texas it seems :/

And, did Cortez really tell the truth? Agree this is not at all about a robbery. Criminals are getting crazier every day!

Wait a minute!!! I thought I confirmed this for myself last night, but didn't LE say the "driver" of the Jeep was seen on video getting out of the Jeep and getting back in the Jeep. How did the other person exit the Jeep without being seen? Would think there are cameras on both sides?

The Dallas Police Department's page is updated and has the warrant on it

http://dpdbeat.com/2015/09/05/homicide-vehicle-of-interest-sought/

So, this is how it looks (at this point in time):

Car owner loaned his Jeep Cherokee to someone we'll call A
A then let her friend Crystal Cortez use the Jeep Cherokee
Crystal Cortez says that she was hired by a male to drive the car for the purposes of a robbery.

That's four people: Jeep Cherokee owner, female he loaned it to, Crystal, and the shooter.

Do I have that straight?

:wave: guests.

So, this is how it looks (at this point in time):

Car owner loaned his Jeep Cherokee to someone we'll call A
A then let her friend Crystal Cortez use the Jeep Cherokee
Crystal Cortez says that she was hired by a male to drive the car for the purposes of a robbery.

That's four people: Jeep Cherokee owner, female he loaned it to, Crystal, and the shooter.

Do I have that straight?
That is what I have, from the warrant

&#9632; Owner of Jeep Cherokee (Witness 1)
&#9632; Witness 2 (Owner lent the Jeep to - he/she lent it to Crystal)
&#9632; Crystal Cortez - Drove the Jeep to the scene for $500
&#9632; Shooter

This seems like a lot of orchestrating for robbery. I don't remember them saying in the beginning that she had anything missing off of her. IF true, how did they know she had these things and how did they know she would have them on her? To pay someone $500 and kill over they must have been worth much more than that, right? What on earth could she have had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!