TX TX - Elian Majano, 2, Irving, 21 June 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm right back to my old question....what did they do about that sinkhole? I wonder if they dug down in there to see if the baby was stuck in there? I wish I knew what a sinkhole is like. Would he have gone down a pipe or are the pipes way down in the ground with a lot of dirt and mud on top of them?
Did the mud get some wet from the busted pipe that it just caved in? If that was my little guy I would find a way to dig down there if the park employees aren't doing it. This is just so horrible. I hope they haven't just given up or stopped looking in that mud.

Isn't this in the wrong place? The article at the link reports Elian as still missing. Has he been found and the link just not updated yet? (There is already a thread for him in the missing forum.)

I thought they had finally found this beautiful little boy. I wish it were true and he was alive!

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/d...ories/wfaa060823_mo_eliansearch.2b9ef8de.html

Not a lot of new news. The parents have an attorney who took their case pro bono after finding out the parents went to the El Salvador consulate for help because neither parent speaks English fluently. The attorney has investigators searching some leads but there really isn't any new news to find out.

The hearing for custody of their other little boy will be in October, meanwhile he is still staying with friends of the parents.

If that was my little boy I would be at that park with my shovel digging everyday. That little boy went down that hole and he has to be down there somewhere. I don't think I could rest until I assured myself that I had searched every inch of that space. This is just so awful.

BS 11 News) DALLAS It's been six months since a two-year-old Irving boy disappeared without a trace from a city park.

The parents of Elian Majano now face their first Christmas without any of their children after authorities removed another child from the home.

This time last year the Majano household had one and three-year-old boys running around the Christmas tree waiting for Santa.

This year there is no tree or tinsel, only tears for the son who is missing and the one now living with another family.

There are no holiday decorations on the wall, and there's no Christmas spirit in the house where Yancy Majano and Gilberto Bercian spend days looking through photo albums of their two boys.

“I have never lost hope, and I will have hope for the rest of my life. I will find my son,” said Bercian.

It was the first day of summer when two-year-old Elian Majano wandered away from a family gathering in Irving's Lively Park.

His parents believe he was either abducted or fell into a sewer line.

It not only left the family shattered, it also led to the removal of Elian's four-year-old brother by Child Protective Services, which cited inadequate supervision.

So the couple's hope of raising one son depends now on finding the other.

“What I want to say is that hopefully with God’s help they'll find my son and return him to me so he can be back with us,” Majano said.

But fulfilling that wish will take more searches and leads, both of which have stalled in the six months since Elian disappeared.

“If my little angel is with someone, one of these days he will come back, and hopefully it won't be too long for me to be able to hold him and hug him,” Bercian said.

The couple has twice a week visitation with their other son Alexis

http://cbs11tv.com/topstories/local_story_356200423.html

If that baby fell into that hole and down into a sewer line why couldn't they have found him? I would really like to know to what extreme the city went to to check out that sewer line. If he fell in he would have had to have been found in there if the city did their job wouldn't he? I would have demanded that they dig the whole darn sewer line up. Seems like he would have gotten stuck somewhere in there.

So, did he fall into that hole never to be found or did someone pick that baby up? Did LE focus on predators in that city? Did they look for him? I don't remember them doing a heck of a lot. Maybe I'm wrong though. I know that the 4 yr old said his brother fell into the hole. He was probably right.

Bobbisangel said:
If that baby fell into that hole and down into a sewer line why couldn't they have found him? I would really like to know to what extreme the city went to to check out that sewer line. If he fell in he would have had to have been found in there if the city did their job wouldn't he? I would have demanded that they dig the whole darn sewer line up. Seems like he would have gotten stuck somewhere in there.

So, did he fall into that hole never to be found or did someone pick that baby up? Did LE focus on predators in that city? Did they look for him? I don't remember them doing a heck of a lot. Maybe I'm wrong though. I know that the 4 yr old said his brother fell into the hole. He was probably right.

Maybe it's because I am in Louisiana and dirty politics are just the way things are done here, but I've got to tell you, it really isn't in the "city's best interest" to find the little boy's body in that sink hole.....because then they are liable. My suspicions are that the search may not have been thorough enough, maybe not thorough enough on purpose.

We've seen at least two children reunited with their families this week, though, and maybe this case will have a happy ending. As long as there is no body, there is hope. Maybe a woman who couldn't have children just snatched him up and he will be found.

That's good that Alexis is with family and that he will be able to see him mom and dad off and on. An interesting family with all of the intermarrying!

I wonder what really happened to that little guy. I wonder if they really searched that sewer line all the way to the end or if they just said that they did. I just have a bad feeling about what happened to him. His brother said that the little guy fell into the hole. Now why would he say that if that isn't what happened. I just think that the park doesn't want to face a civil suit so they are saying that they searched the whole line. Such a little cutie too.

Police said they are still trying to figure out what happened to a toddler who vanished one year ago from an Irving park, NBC 5 reported.

Investigators said Elian Majano was last seen playing along the jogging trails in Lively Park. The 2-year-old walked away from his mother as she sat in a car with a friend. Police searched the park and the surrounding neighborhood for several days.

Police said they have ruled out all of the members of the Majano family as suspects. They even investigated family members in other parts of the state and other countries, and said they do not believe any family members were involved in the boy's disappearance.

Police said they have two ideas of what might have happened, but they admit they have doubts about both scenarios.

"Either he was abducted from this park or he fell down that 12-to 15-foot sinkhole," Irving police Officer David Tull said.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/13370676/detail.html?rss=dfw&psp=news

I wonder if he's in that portion of the sewer that the cameras can't reach?

I wonder where the shoe was found? They could at least tell us that. I'm glad that the dad has custody of the other little boy and that the husband and wife are not together.

If it is thought that this little boy was taken and is possibly in one of two states then why not involve the FBI and get them looking for him. It sounds like the dad has an idea who could have taken this little boy. I hope he has clues LE. I would be screaming for the FBI to become involved. This poor man probably doesn't know what his resources are and he barely speaks english if I remember right.

I can see the city keeping quiet if anything was found in that sink hole. What bothers me is the older boy told the detective that his little brother fell in the hole and pointed to that sink hole. Why would that little guy say that if he didn't see him fall into the hole? I just wish this little guy would be found. I have never forgotten about him.

Bump this case is on CNN.com today. I am not familiar with this case at all. Any new info? Is the boys height wrong or was he just small for his age? They have his height at 24 inches and both my babies were almost 22 inches at birth. I'm totally disgusted with mom in that she did not have these young boys in her sight and she decided to mess around in the truck with her boyfriend rather than watch the kids. I would NEVER let my 2 young kids out of my sight. She deserved to lose custody of the oldest.

Kim

I remember Elian from when it first happened. At the time I accepted that Elian had probably fallen into a sink hole. I'm not so sure now as the years have passed.

Now I'm leaning more and more towards the last people to see Elian alive are responsible for his disappearance.

What really happened to little Elian Majano?

From time to time, I find myself thinking about an Irving toddler who apparently disappeared while playing with his older brother in Irving's Lively Park on June 21, 2006-- Elian Majano, then two years old. Today, close to the third anniversary of his disappearance, he should be five years old.

His father handed the photo (pictured at the right) of brothers Alexis, then 4, and Elian to me me when I visited the family's cramped apartment in South Irving--an aging complex occupied by many immigrant families. (Elian's parents are from El Salvador).

More: http://irvingblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/07/what-really-happened-to-elian.html

I think someone should change the requirements for Amber Alert. ANY CHILD who goes missing should get Amber Alert treatment, IMO.

While this story is heart breaking, issuing an Amber Alert was technically not the right thing to do. Many criticize Amber Alert criteria stating that it is too strict. The reasons for these criteria is that they do not want the public to become desensitized to Amber Alerts. If Amber Alerts were issued 20 times a day, they would not be as effective in the cases where they really could save a child's life. I completely support the Amber Alert program and their guidelines, as this program has been effective in saving hundreds of little lives.

Don't get me wrong, Elian's case deserves and needs public attention. This beautiful little boy is missing, and every missing child should never be forgotten. Whether this was an abduction or a fatal accident, there has yet to be a resolution to this case, and therefor it should not be pushed aside.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back