TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I agree. I'm just wondering, though, at the time of a stop of a vehicle fitting the description of a "get away" car kind of thing, would LE find it suspicious if the driver said it was a "friend's"? Would, or could, LE, at that point, detain the driver a little longer and do a little more research? Just wondering.
LE certainly has to find such a case suspicious imo .

I suppose there are some psychologists and criminal profilers that would say there is an element of sexual gratification from this 5-10 second act, but I just don't see it. This MIGHT be a hatred of women, but I just don't see it as sexual gratification. But that is just my viewpoint.
I guess I misunderstood your comment. I do think a sex/romantic angle is very possible here.

IMO, the truck is key in this case. Now onto the garage sale. On the day of the murder sunrise was at 7:16 a.m. JMO, It's interesting the placement of the treadmill. Seems it is placed in the way to block view of the Nest cam... I'm not familiar with garage sales. I've done one garage in my life and it was many years ago. I never go to garage sales and frankly pay no attention to them. What time do garage sales usually start? I would guess that 9:00 a.m. would be the time to open your sale? Any help/info about garage sales is appreciated. I ask this because it seems like Liz was getting an early start on the garage sale. I could be over thinking all of this. TIA and IMO.

IMO, the truck is key in this case. Now onto the garage sale. On the day of the murder sunrise was at 7:16 a.m. JMO, It's interesting the placement of the treadmill. Seems it is placed in the way to block view of the Nest cam... I'm not familiar with garage sales. I've done one garage in my life and it was many years ago. I never go to garage sales and frankly pay no attention to them. What time do garage sales usually start? I would guess that 9:00 a.m. would be the time to open your sale? Any help/info about garage sales is appreciated. I ask this because it seems like Liz was getting an early start on the garage sale. I could be over thinking all of this. TIA and IMO.
About the treadmill…can you elaborate? Where did you get this info from? Thank you.

Garage and yard sales usually start early in that area, some start at 7am.
People will come earlier than the stated time too!
I’ve seen people with a list already mapped out do they can hit multiple sales in one morning.
That’s why some state “no early birds”.

The fact that Liz was having another yard sale indicates to me that her previous ones were successful money making (cash) opportunities.
JMO

Everyone has an opinion. lol. IMO, I lean toward killer being male disguised as a female. The walk up to the driveway seemed to be with purpose. The killer cowardly fired four shots into Liz and ran from the murder scene, and that sprinting appeared to be male.
Respecting your opinion as it is 110% percent valid. I also agree, the stride when running away seems masculine.

But..... I am going for Occam's razor: Apparent feminine dress means a female perpetrator.

Now, for the masculine appearing stride....

Girls who participate in sports are taught from an early age by coaches to lose their natural feminine running stride when playing sports and to adopt the more efficient masculine stride.

Going out on a loudly creaking limb (just been around lot of junior high, high school and some collegiate athletes)......

The perpetrator appears not to be heavy set, but athletically "big boned" as evident by the fast stride when fleeing. Furthermore, the stride seems slightly mincing- not the longer stride of a sprinter or distance runner.

Some sports use mincing steps to often change direction fast. Softball in particular features slightly mincing steps when base running- no time to break into longer strides, need to reverse and get back to previous base, react to erratically bouncing balls etc. Softball also has a uhmm.... "certain number" of athletically big boned girls.

So.... though the limb may have broken:

I am thinking 25-30 year old female perpetrator who played softball in high school. She might have also played at the junior college or Division III college level. Or, perhaps plays in an adult recreational league.

Last edited:
Respecting your opinion as it is 110% percent valid. I also agree, the stride when running away seems masculine.

But..... I am going for Occam's razor: Apparent feminine dress means a female perpetrator.

Now, for the masculine appearing stride....

Girls who participate in sports are taught from an early age by coaches to lose their natural feminine running stride when playing sports and to adopt the more efficient masculine stride.

Going out on a loudly creaking limb (just been around lot of junior high, high school and some collegiate athletes)......

The perpetrator appears not to be heavy set, but athletically "big boned" as evident by the fast stride when fleeing. Furthermore, the stride seems slightly mincing- not the longer stride of a sprinter or distance runner.

Some sports use mincing steps as the participant often needs to change direction fast. Softball in particular features mincing steps when base running- no time to break into longer strides, need to reverse and get back to previous base. Likewise, react to erratically hit ball etc. Softball also has a, uhmm.... "certain number" of athletically big boned girls.

So.... though the limb may have broken:

I am thinking 25-30 year old female perpetrator who played softball in high school. She might have also played at the junior college / division III level and maybe in an adult recreational league.
Did you by any chance watch Arrin Stoner's video and listen to the voice?

About the treadmill…can you elaborate? Where did you get this info from? Thank you.
The video shows the treadmill facing the right side of the driveway rather than on the left side of the driveway. On the left side of the driveway the table (with the Starbucks drink) was set up. Did the treadmill help to keep killer out of view of the Barraza's Nest cam? MOO

The video shows the treadmill facing the right side of the driveway rather than on the left side of the driveway. On the left side of the driveway the table (with the Starbucks drink) was set up. Did the treadmill help to keep killer out of view of the Barraza's Nest cam? MOO
Was the treadmill in the garage facing the driveway? Also interesting where table was set up (on side of garage away from camera)…is this always where the table was in previous garage sales…?

Liz was not only selfless, giving and loving of her time with others in life but in her passing as well.

• 01/29/2019 = Tuesday
  • Early Morning [Approximately 03:00 AM] The Transplant team comes to take Elizabeth down for donation. Her Parents, Brother, Sister-in-Law, Sergio, his mother Margarita, and members of the immediate family walk with her down the hallway to the elevator. Her generosity saved 4 lives, and gave 1 other the gift of sight.

Was the treadmill in the garage facing the driveway? Also interesting where table was set up (on side of garage away from camera)…is this always where the table was in previous garage sales…?
The treadmill was on the driveway. There are many videos out there posted on YouTube, etc that you can view for yourself. However, be aware that the video is of a brutal senseless murder! I don't have an answer to your other question. As far as what I can see none of the garage sale items that were being sold were in the garage, they were all on the driveway. IMO.

The treadmill was on the driveway. There are many videos out there posted on YouTube, etc that you can view for yourself. However, be aware that the video is of a brutal senseless murder! I don't have an answer to your other question. As far as what I can see none of the garage sale items that were being sold were in the garage, they were all on the driveway. IMO.
Yes I’ve viewed the video but I guess I never paid attention to the treadmill. It was in the driveway because they were trying to sell it…? That is so interesting of its placement and the fact it blocks the camera. I’m thinking of the act of setting up for the garage sale…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB