TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that law enforcement has looked into the 501st legion group that Elizabeth was apart of. I can't shake the feeling that there was some sort of parasocial (one-sided) relationship gone wrong. Like, someone in the group looked up to Elizabeth and had a crush on her and decided that if they couldn't have her, nobody could. For the longest time I thought it was someone who wanted to be with Elizabeth's husband and killed her to get to him but now I'm leaning towards someone who wanted to be with her and seeing her (from afar) plan a trip with her husband set the killer off.

It could be someone that EB and her husband didn't know very well (or at all) so they have flown under the radar all this time.

I really hope that law enforcement has looked into the 501st legion group that Elizabeth was apart of. I can't shake the feeling that there was some sort of parasocial (one-sided) relationship gone wrong.
Parasocial or not, a forum member who participated in several adult cosplay themes related that a visible minority of participants "dive in" deeply.

"Deep diving" involves deriving all, or nearly all of their friends, social status and self esteem from the cosplay world. She then related the some participants come to view others as their 'chosen family'.

The police could well have reviewed the 501st legion for glaring personality conflicts between the victim and other members. But.... one large impediment could be the size of the group and the possibility of a simmering grudge. There are 552 members of the group in Texas alone. Then factor in related groups in Texas and members in say, Ok and LA.

Going into numbers......

Lets say that 20% of members are "deep divers" (visible minority). Being a "deep diver" does not mean "murderous" per se. Rather, it just means they are uhmm..... "intense". Lets then say that 70% of members are active at any given time.

That still yields about 70 intense member of the 501 in Texas alone, Lets add another 70 "intense participants" from chapters in LA, OK and from related groups in TX, OK, LA. Thus, 140 people- and perhaps more maybe in deep .

If the victim had either direct or indirect contact with only 50%, it still yields 70 people. And.... this is only counting three states.

Welcome to Websleuths,
The.sinning.solver !!

I can't believe we're just under a month out from the 3 year mark. And still no justice for Liz, no answers for her family. :(
Three years?! That lo-o-o-o-ong? Whew!
Yes, we need closure for her family, her friends, her neighborhood, LE, and for us here at WS. SMH.
It's so hard to believe that this hasn't been solved or near-solved yet. Was the killer really that smart or just lucky -- both, I guess.
Her poor family. And the LEO's must be tearing their hair out over this. I feel sure they are super frustrated. Let's hope they're close.
Elizabeth and those she loved deserve justice asap.

My Maund Theory:

Some of the earlier posts questioned the source of the Nissan and why nobody close recognized it, nor has it been traced.

Others on the web have speculated as to the possibility of a hired gunman, dressed as a woman.

<modsnip>

Erik Maund is co-owner of an Austin VW dealership, which sells new and used vehicles including non-VW brands. These hitmen were Austin locals, at least one owned a security firm and had military experience. They travelled to TN to commit this act. Maund even left a positive review for the security firm on what appears to be Google ratings.

Websleuths link to: Unnecessary murder of Holly and William

<modsnip> ponder if the Nissan Pro4x was borrowed from a dealer by a hired hitman with a relationship to the dealership. Even if plates were caught on video, it would seem that someone with these resources probably would have that base covered as well. Could this been an early deal in the Maund-Speartip relationship?

My theory that it was a hitman sourced from a major city off of an interstate in TX or LA fits well with this. An unregistered trade-in vehicle would be prime for use, with minimal markings, add-ons, and a suburbanite commuter look.

Just MOO, Happy Holidays and stay safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope somebody's been checking them convention parking lots
Good point.

In pursuit of the Star Wars "deep diver" motive, I wonder what other parking lots might warrant a camera(s) for say, 90 day intervals? Perhaps....

- Area comic book stores: Comic book stores went adult years ago and now feature "graphic novels". It is possible that a deep diving interest in Star Wars may transfer to an interest in the Marvel or DC world- to say nothing of possible Star Wars themed comics- errrr "graphic novels".

- Gaming stores selling Warhammer, Dungeons and Dragons, Magic the Gathering etc. gear. Not only is there the possible cross over interest, but almost all these stores have a room where people regularly gather to paint figurines, play games, and also do alot of socializing with the like minded. So, there could be multiple draws.

I am thinking, set up a camera or two with the owner of the strip mall permission- no need to get the store owner's permission and risk gossip. Could the software be taught to alert on dark colored trucks? It would cut down on review times. In either case, cameras go up, the nets go out and see what is caught.

My Maund Theory:

Some of the earlier posts questioned the source of the Nissan and why nobody close recognized it, nor has it been traced.

Others on the web have speculated as to the possibility of a hired gunman, dressed as a woman.

<modsnip>

Erik Maund is co-owner of an Austin VW dealership, which sells new and used vehicles including non-VW brands. These hitmen were Austin locals, at least one owned a security firm and had military experience. They travelled to TN to commit this act. Maund even left a positive review for the security firm on what appears to be Google ratings.

Websleuths link to: Unnecessary murder of Holly and William

<modsnip> ponder if the Nissan Pro4x was borrowed from a dealer by a hired hitman with a relationship to the dealership. Even if plates were caught on video, it would seem that someone with these resources probably would have that base covered as well. Could this been an early deal in the Maund-Speartip relationship?

My theory that it was a hitman sourced from a major city off of an interstate in TX or LA fits well with this. An unregistered trade-in vehicle would be prime for use, with minimal markings, add-ons, and a suburbanite commuter look.

Just MOO, Happy Holidays and stay safe!
Wow! This is the first I've heard of that case. Houston is a lot closer to Austin than Nashville TN. But if we're talking about third party - hired or as a favor - killing and a vehicle type not being traced to anyone known Elizabeth, an auto dealership is a possibility.

Here is an article on the case: Texas auto dealer exec Erik Charles Maund indicted in murder-for-hire of Nashville couple | KXAN Austin

Of course, a vehicle could have come from a dealership without the dealership being in on the murder. When a vehicle is being repaired sometimes a dealership will loan out a similar vehicle while a repair or service is taking place. Another possibility is that some dealerships, in order to convince a potential buyer, will allow a customer to use a vehicle on a test basis for more than a day. Then again, in both of these scenarios, a dealership will take note of the mileage.

In any event, I believe there is a possibility that this truck could have been used without the owner's knowledge of the murder. This was really bold of this killer, in this day in age with video surveillance everywhere, to be seen not only on the day of the murder but prior to the murder. If this was planned well in advance and the killer did not use their own vehicle they may have conducted surveillance on the Barrazas' using the killer's own vehicle. I wonder how far back LE looked at videos in the neighborhood.

This vehicle and the brazen nature of driving it by multiple times without a care that it was seen is the key to this. I just wish I could figure out how they pulled it off. Everybody has great ideas, any one of them could be true.

Glad to hear they are not giving up, though I find it interesting that her spouse does not seem to be very involved in the Nuelles’ efforts (at least based on my reading of this article).
They may have not included him as well. Could be a variety of reasons and none of them may be ill-willed. He’s moved on with his life, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t care.

ETA..LIVE STREAM..

Elizabeth Barraza murder: Parents to raise reward | khou.com
“I think that’s the hardest part, not knowing why someone would want to do this," Barraza's mother Rosemary Nuelle said.
Since the new year, Barraza's parents have been raising money to increase the reward.
“It’s a daily re-telling of her story, it’s lots of outreach," Barraza's father Bob Nuelle said.
Liz, as her friends called her, was happily married, working full-time and a huge fan of Star Wars. She was even a member of the 501st Legion.
Her parents said she was kind, silly and had a huge heart for helping others. They have no clue why she would have been targeted.''

Jan 25 2022
‘I hope you can’t sleep at night’: Deputy in garage sale deadly shooting case speaks out
''Last week, the Harris County Sheriff’s Office released a new video in the case.

“We are hoping that someone will see this. Hopefully, they have a heavy heart and know something, they want to come back and tell us what they know,” said Harris County Sheriff’s Office Deputy, Wallace Wyatt.

The new video captured from a neighbor’s nest doorbell shows the suspect drive past the house, turn around, come back, and park their vehicle. The suspect then gets out to approach Barraza, while in boots, a nightgown dress, or muumuu and possibly wearing a wig.

“The murderer approaches Liz, Liz says, ‘Hello,’ then notices the person has a gun in their hand and reacts by flinching backward… And then [the suspect] shoots Liz three times, steps over her and shoots her again in the head,” said Wyatt.''

looking for Liz’s murderer, there is no time limit on this case,” said Wyatt.''

Last edited:
Rbbm.
Reward increased to $50K for tips to solve 2019 murder of Tomball woman killed before garage sale
''Today, Crime Stoppers and the Harris County Sheriff's Office announced that the reward for information in her case has been increased to $50,000.

It has been an anguishing three years for the Nuelle family. They know the person who killed Liz is still on the streets, and they are determined to bring those responsible to justice.

"Here we are, three years. Doggedly engaged in this fight for justice for a young woman who was taken from all of us," Liz's father, Bob Nuelle, said at a press conference Tuesday.''
''Detective Wallace Wyatt ensured that Liz's case is not going cold. He said just recently, investigators traveled to Miami to interview a person of interest.

"We want more leads. We follow every lead," Wyatt said.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member