TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When LE released the video of Liz getting shot, I thought there was no way it would go unsolved. Now I think it’s unlikely it will be solved.

It bothers me they never were able to track down that truck. That would have gone a long way towards solving this case.

My heart aches for Liz’s parents.

When LE released the video of Liz getting shot, I thought there was no way it would go unsolved. Now I think it’s unlikely it will be solved.

It bothers me they never were able to track down that truck. That would have gone a long way towards solving this case.

My heart aches for Liz’s parents.
I also am very surprised this investigation has not led to an arrest. This killer must have a connection to Elizabeth. The killing caught on video along with the vehicle and still unable to solve it.

I really think it will be solved. To me the detectives and D.A. and the Liz's father looked hopeful about the possible outcome from the increased reward; I think that the only thing they need is just one person's testimony or pointing them to evidence, in order to be able to arrest someone. That's what I think has been the hold-up the whole time here. It is great to see that press conference. I really believe they are on a mission to solve this crime (I know all murders are equally important to them.)

Is it possible the vehicle is from a car dealership?? Perhaps someone in their circle had access to the vehicle through their employment...
That my exact theory. My theory is that the killer “borrowed” a vehicle that was in for servicing, as opposed to a vehicle that was for sale on the lot. In my theory the vehicle was scheduled to be picked up by the owner first thing that morning.

I found an email address for someone that worked at a Lexus dealership, right next to a Nissan dealership…westside Lexus…

sorry to jump in. I would think/ hope that police have already investigated this avenue?

But still, it would be interesting to see if they had this make and model in their lot at the time.

I can’t remember if it is known what the year of the truck was? Maybe it could have came from a used car lot too? Stolen…? ( which would have been reported unless the person who owned it was no longer alive)…just some thoughts

sorry to jump in. I would think/ hope that police have already investigated this avenue?

But still, it would be interesting to see if they had this make and model in their lot at the time.

I can’t remember if it is known what the year of the truck was? Maybe it could have came from a used car lot too? Stolen…? ( which would have been reported unless the person who owned it was no longer alive)…just some thoughts

Sorry one more thought- if the year of the car is known, you’d think it would be possible to find all owners of all those vehicles from that year on, then figure out where the car was likely to be in January of 2019, and who owned it at the time. That sounds very time consuming but depending on number that had been manufactured at that time, it might be possible. But maybe police already have a solid suspect and don’t need to go to this extreme…

Perhaps this idea has already been discussed here.

I had forgotten all about this crime until it popped up today. I go to a lot of comic cons - though I don't cosplay - and in my experience some people take it very seriously. They are like mini celebs and there are always contests with some pretty impressive prizes. The 501st are especially well treated and held up pretty highly from the ones I have gone to. So I wouldn't be able to rule out that angle as easily. For me on cases like this, I am always interested in the video/audio when it is captured. I am a tech geek and it gives me something I can focus on. Tech skills aren't often helpful in crime sleuthing. What I am looking for would be a link to what you may have come across that you think has the clearest version of the video and audio. I would like to remove background noise and amplify the audio to see if any additional words can pulled out. I would also like to pull out some stills from the video of the incident/perp and of the truck so see if anything unique can be found.

I had forgotten all about this crime until it popped up today. I go to a lot of comic cons - though I don't cosplay - and in my experience some people take it very seriously. They are like mini celebs and there are always contests with some pretty impressive prizes. The 501st are especially well treated and held up pretty highly from the ones I have gone to. So I wouldn't be able to rule out that angle as easily. For me on cases like this, I am always interested in the video/audio when it is captured. I am a tech geek and it gives me something I can focus on. Tech skills aren't often helpful in crime sleuthing. What I am looking for would be a link to what you may have come across that you think has the clearest version of the video and audio. I would like to remove background noise and amplify the audio to see if any additional words can pulled out. I would also like to pull out some stills from the video of the incident/perp and of the truck so see if anything unique can be found.
I would recommend checking out the video Gray Hughes (YouTube) made on the case. He was doing the same thing with the audio/video

No offense but that particular creator is not for me. I was just hoping someone might be able to link me to a cleanish version of the audio\video that hasn't been tampered with yet like I would find on other youtube channels.

Here is the link to the ring video from Liz’s house.
Father of slain Tomball woman hopeful new clues help | khou.com

Here is the neighbors video footage

Surveillance camera captures moment Texas woman is murdered in her driveway | Daily Mail Online

There are a few cases with video that are still unsolved. The Delphi murders and the Terri "Missy" Beavers case. I'm still stumped that there hasn't been any movement. Hopefully there will be someone with some information to put closure to these cases.

There are a few cases with video that are still unsolved. The Delphi murders and the Terri "Missy" Beavers case. I'm still stumped that there hasn't been any movement. Hopefully there will be someone with some information to put closure to these cases.

It's strange, isn't it? Video, audio, pictures, stills etc and yet nothing of note that we know of in any of these cases. The seeming lack of progress on them all is bizarre considering the visual and audio evidence. Here is hoping this is the year.

So I am going through the video still by still. This is from the moments before the first shot. It is the moment they are closest, still standing normally before the flinch. I didn't sharpen it to make it clearer to see, I did it bring out the edges so I could see the heads away from the background. I thought it might bring out some discussion about height. Keep in mind the driveway is a bit of a hill.
upload_2022-1-29_11-36-26.png

My theory is that this is some kind of long distance online relationship gone bad.

I am not saying infidelity. This could have just been someone she played online with, maybe communicated through an online game chat (thus why no motive can be found through traditional methods such as text message/call history). This is also why her close circle of friends/family wouldn’t know of anyone who would want to hurt her.

At some point, the person she was talking to/playing with, may have had a spouse (suspect) who found out that her significant other was engaging online with another female (the victim), and took it out of proportion.

The suspect, at this point, is infuriated. They find out more information about the victim, her name, address, etc., and decides to take matters into their own hands. If the suspect lived a state away, it would only take a few days to carry out the murder and get back home.

So IMO this theory would explain why the suspect was so brazen with carrying out the murder. They didn’t really “care” who saw them, so long as they weren’t right in front of the victim’s doorbell camera (they could have seen the ring camera the night before when they scoped out the house, as they are pretty big and easy to see). By the time the suspect committed the murder, and took off in the truck, they would be long gone and back on the highway before dispatch could even get the call information entered, let alone put out a BOLO for the vehicle. If a neighbor happened to see them, would it matter as much if the suspect lived in another state? (If the suspect was wearing a disguise it would matter even less).

This theory would also explain why nobody locally can identify the truck, or at least if someone has identified this type of truck, it hasn’t gotten LE any leads.

It also explains why the murder seems to be so personal and emotionally driven, yet at the same time, it doesn’t seem like the victim has any idea (at first) who the suspect is.

The brief conversation before the gunshots could have been something along the lines of:

Victim: “Good Morning”

Suspect: Are you (insert name here)

Suspect: (Shows victim note that perhaps has the victim’s online username written on it to confirm that its her)

Suspect: “You know you’ve been talking to a married man/talking to my husband right”?

Victim: “Thats’s not true” (or she may have be silent at this point, maybe trying to deny, or maybe just too shocked at this point)

The suspect then shoots her.

This could also be why detectives had a POI who was located in Miami.

The victim’s husband being responsible doesn’t sit well with me. Reason being, if he and the suspect were working together to commit murder, in my mind, there would have been much more effective methods of doing it.

The million dollar question is, well how did the suspect know that the victim would be having a garage sale? Maybe the suspect didn’t know, and they were just waiting for the victim to leave for work. Maybe they were going to follow her to work and do it there. Maybe they were even bold enough to just go and knock on the door. Maybe they didn’t think that far into it, and just got lucky. While I do admit that showing up at that particular moment does seem coincidental, I don’t think it’s enough to say that the suspect knew for certain that the victim would be outside at that particular moment. If the suspect was willing to murder in the middle of a neighborhood, they were determined, and the time/place probably didn’t matter too much to them, as long as they could make a quick getaway.

A variation of this theory, is that instead of the suspect being a significant other, they could have been the person that the victim was directly involved with in the online relationship, and somehow the victim offended them. Perhaps the suspect was upset that the victim decided to end the relationship or cease communication, and thus carried out the murder. Maybe the suspect thought that something more would come from the relationship.

Sorry if all of this has been said before.

My theory is that this is some kind of long distance online relationship gone bad.

I am not saying infidelity. This could have just been someone she played online with, maybe communicated through an online game chat (thus why no motive can be found through traditional methods such as text message/call history). This is also why her close circle of friends/family wouldn’t know of anyone who would want to hurt her.

At some point, the person she was talking to/playing with, may have had a spouse (suspect) who found out that her significant other was engaging online with another female (the victim), and took it out of proportion.

The suspect, at this point, is infuriated. They find out more information about the victim, her name, address, etc., and decides to take matters into their own hands. If the suspect lived a state away, it would only take a few days to carry out the murder and get back home.

So IMO this theory would explain why the suspect was so brazen with carrying out the murder. They didn’t really “care” who saw them, so long as they weren’t right in front of the victim’s doorbell camera (they could have seen the ring camera the night before when they scoped out the house, as they are pretty big and easy to see). By the time the suspect committed the murder, and took off in the truck, they would be long gone and back on the highway before dispatch could even get the call information entered, let alone put out a BOLO for the vehicle. If a neighbor happened to see them, would it matter as much if the suspect lived in another state? (If the suspect was wearing a disguise it would matter even less).

This theory would also explain why nobody locally can identify the truck, or at least if someone has identified this type of truck, it hasn’t gotten LE any leads.

It also explains why the murder seems to be so personal and emotionally driven, yet at the same time, it doesn’t seem like the victim has any idea (at first) who the suspect is.

The brief conversation before the gunshots could have been something along the lines of:

Victim: “Good Morning”

Suspect: Are you (insert name here)

Suspect: (Shows victim note that perhaps has the victim’s online username written on it to confirm that its her)

Suspect: “You know you’ve been talking to a married man/talking to my husband right”?

Victim: “Thats’s not true” (or she may have be silent at this point, maybe trying to deny, or maybe just too shocked at this point)

The suspect then shoots her.

This could also be why detectives had a POI who was located in Miami.

The victim’s husband being responsible doesn’t sit well with me. Reason being, if he and the suspect were working together to commit murder, in my mind, there would have been much more effective methods of doing it.

The million dollar question is, well how did the suspect know that the victim would be having a garage sale? Maybe the suspect didn’t know, and they were just waiting for the victim to leave for work. Maybe they were going to follow her to work and do it there. Maybe they were even bold enough to just go and knock on the door. Maybe they didn’t think that far into it, and just got lucky. While I do admit that showing up at that particular moment does seem coincidental, I don’t think it’s enough to say that the suspect knew for certain that the victim would be outside at that particular moment. If the suspect was willing to murder in the middle of a neighborhood, they were determined, and the time/place probably didn’t matter too much to them, as long as they could make a quick getaway.

A variation of this theory, is that instead of the suspect being a significant other, they could have been the person that the victim was directly involved with in the online relationship, and somehow the victim offended them. Perhaps the suspect was upset that the victim decided to end the relationship or cease communication, and thus carried out the murder. Maybe the suspect thought that something more would come from the relationship.

<modsnip> I can’t imagine LE not going through her computer, phone and social media. She definitely seemed to be a target though and not some random killing. Although it could have been random. There was a woman who was mentally disturbed and randomly attacked people, in the end shooting a complete stranger she thought was stalking her.

Megan Dix death: Woman charged with murder in 'random, heinous act'

Monroe County Sheriff Patrick O'Flynn said it was a "random, heinous act." He added, "She gave no reason for why that situation occurred. She met the individual and within seconds of meeting her, she discharged the weapon."

Last edited by a moderator:

………….

Respectfully snipped by me……..
Welcome to Websleuths @illational.
As long as we are NOT talking about an affair, but simply an online game-based friendship with another that could have been misinterpreted, this is a viable theory I think. Thank you for specifying you are not implying infidelity, but a situation involving an irrational response to an innocent relationship. That is within the Terms of Service of Websleuths, which is victim-friendly and does not allow accusations, implied or blatant, against anyone who has not been named by LE as a suspect/POI. Your theory fits within those rules.

Faithfully,
CocoChannel
Administrator/Moderator

Last edited:
Man, 3 years already. I so want this to be solved.

I still think I'm on the "she was targeted" train. It's just everything put together for me: the person seemingly being dressed up in some sort of "disguise" (robe, possible wig, etc), the vehicle being seen in the area the night before, showing up right after her DH left, etc. It *could* be random in that nothing makes that impossible, but IMO it would be the biggest series of coincidences that all align. Not impossible, but IMO improbable.

Who is it? What's their motive? I have no idea. I also lean towards targeted because there was a (brief) conversation first and it appears the shooter shows her something. I feel like if this was a random madman/woman, they may have just walked up and shot MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo