TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Arrin Stoner video, I do not hear what the killer says to Elizabeth Barraza. Maybe others do? The only thing I can verify is the words "Good Morning" said by Elizabeth Barraza.

Even the interpretation put forth in the video does not make any sense. Supposedly after Elizabeth Barraza says "Good morning", the killer says "Garage sale?" to which she replies "Yup". Then the killer says "Give you a hundred for it" to which Elizabeth replies "sure". Then as the killer is upon her they state that it is not worth it before shooting Elizabeth Barraza.

I would be skeptical because does Elizabeth Barraza just assume everyone that comes to her garage sale in a dress or robe and boots is a Star Wars fan? If the killer said those words to me I would not know what they were talking about without them pointing at the item or saying the item they are interested in. Most people stop and look at what they are interested in. This person does not seem to be interested in the helmet at all and walks directly up to Elizabeth Barraza.

Other than that, the video provides some good research and information. It is useful. But be skeptical of anyone deciphering what the killer says if it has not been verified by law enforcement. With the background noise it is very difficult to hear much of anything other than the "Good Morning" said by Elizabeth Barraza. In my opinion, you can tell that because she seems to have a high pitched voice. I did not hear the high pitched voice again after she said "Good Morning".

Follow up question about the gun — I appreciated all the answers to my other question, they were interesting! It’s also been noted that the bullet used was unusual for a revolver. Can anyone explain why it’s unusual and why it might have been chosen by the killer? Thanks!

I would be skeptical because does Elizabeth Barraza just assume everyone that comes to her garage sale in a dress or robe and boots is a Star Wars fan?
Decades ago, I knew some college students who were in the SCA cosplay group (mixes historical Medieval with Renaissance- then tosses in "Dungeons and Dragons" style fantasy).

Anyways, it was somewhat common for the group to wear partial costumes around campus. There was no blurring of fantasy and reality. Rather, they made their own costumes and liked presenting them to other creative counter cultural types. Also, "Traveler's cloaks" and cool autumn days go together- right?

Given the SCA cosplayers, one possible answer to your question is that the individual was in partial Star Wars cos play costume. This could have led Liz to extrapolate what item the murderer was likely referring to.

But be skeptical of anyone deciphering what the killer says if it has not been verified by law enforcement. With the background noise it is very difficult to hear much of anything other than the "Good Morning" said by Elizabeth Barraza.
Very good point. Even with the possible explanation above, there is no real way to know what the conversation was and thus whether the possible explanation might be valid.

Follow up question about the gun — I appreciated all the answers to my other question, they were interesting! It’s also been noted that the bullet used was unusual for a revolver. Can anyone explain why it’s unusual and why it might have been chosen by the killer? Thanks!
Some automatic ammunition can be used in revolvers, and vice-versa. The rifling on the projectile would be different if the ammunition was one versus the other.

Curious why S provides videos to a YTuber rather than to his former in-laws' site. It would be a much needed source of information imo. Not knocking him, because he is in fear, and may not be technical, or not wish to assist with the site. Obviously this is my opinion.
The YouTuber <modsnip> has, until very recently, been a very vocal supporter of Sergio’s innocence (to put it even mildly). The in-laws may not be as convinced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the murderer in this case be a deaf person?

When I first heard the Nest video, I was not prepared for how loud the gunshots were from the revolver used. The sound alone would make me think this is not the first time this person has used that gun. The murderer was right next to the sound. I think you have to be conditioned to listen to a sound that loud or not be able to hear it at all.

I looked at some videos of people using revolvers and many people seemed to need ear protection. How much would firing a revolver at a shooting range without ear protection damage a person's hearing?

I could not understand why during the entire 18 seconds of conversation the only words Elizabeth Barraza said were "Good Morning".

Last edited:
Could the murderer in this case be a deaf person?

When I first heard the Nest video, I was not prepared for how loud the gunshots were from the revolver used. The sound alone would make me think this is not the first time this person has used that gun. The murderer was right next to the sound. I think you have to be conditioned to listen to a sound that loud or not be able to hear it at all.

I looked at some videos of people using revolvers and many people seemed to need ear protection. How much would firing a revolver at a shooting range without ear protection damage a person's hearing?

I could not understand why during the entire 18 seconds of conversation the only words Elizabeth Barraza said were "Good Morning".
It’s not impossible, but plenty of shootings happen all of the time with extremely loud weapons.

What are people seeing the shooter wearing that makes them think it is related to cosplay? I do not hear the killer speak, and I can't see any detail clear enough to be able to tell if they are wearing a costume.

My personal opinion is that this was a set up by the person who is most often the suspect in murders of women... This has become one of the cases that I really hope is solved in my lifetime.

What are people seeing the shooter wearing that makes them think it is related to cosplay? I do not hear the killer speak, and I can't see any detail clear enough to be able to tell if they are wearing a costume.

My personal opinion is that this was a set up by the person who is most often the suspect in murders of women... This has become one of the cases that I really hope is solved in my lifetime.
Some people see a flowy robe like a female Star Wars character may wear (think Daisy Riddles character) and some people think they see a wig.

I see a woman around Liz’s age (late 20s- early 30s) who just rolled out of bed dressed to do something like walk the dog, smoke a cigarette, etc.

The robe and ugg style soft boots just scream that to me.

I’ll update when I come across it. I recall it had the number 38 in it. .38? .038? I’m clearly not a gun person.
It was .38 Special, IIRC.

Except in length, .38 Special ammunition is identical to the .38 Short Colt, .38 Long Colt, and .357 Magnum (the .38 Special is longer). This allows a .38 Special round to be safely fired in revolvers chambered for .357 Magnum. It also allows .38 Short Colt and .38 Long Colt rounds to be fired in revolvers chambered for .38 Special. Thus, the .38 Special round and revolvers chambered for it have a unique versatility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member