TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a several female characters from sci-fi that wear similar robes as the shooter. LOTR, Star Wars, and Harry Potter all come to mind immediately.

I think it’s just the shooters typical style, and not a costume or disguise.

In addition to this, I believe the killer is a female who liked these types of genres, which is also what Liz liked.

Typically, IMO those who fit this description have a strong online presence and tend to make 90% of their personality based off of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
While it is useful to think who knew about the garage sale, there are two problems with that, IMO. First, that we cannot be sure who heard the information second-hand from any of the known people or from Liz herself. And second, that we cannot be sure that had there not been a garage sale, the killer would not have attacked her in her house or followed her elsewhere and attacked there. Just something to keep in mind.

First report about Liz on Jan 25, 2019 from the KHOU11 reporter who declares:

"The moment the woman walks right up to another woman and shoots her"

Begins at 00:00:24 seconds

Today, when viewing the video again, I'm noticing, that the killer has a biiig bust and wears it like it's buckled up.

I read here on WS several times of the killer's "boots"?? I don't see/recognize them. IF the person wears boots indeed, it seems as not matching the dress. Odd. Although in the dark of the morning the killer couldn't care less, if it was a good fit or not.
Do you see the "boots" and how they are looking? It's only a tiny detail, but I would be interested to know.

Today, when viewing the video again, I'm noticing, that the killer has a biiig bust and wears it like it's buckled up.

I read here on WS several times of the killer's "boots"?? I don't see/recognize them. IF the person wears boots indeed, it seems as not matching the dress. Odd. Although in the dark of the morning the killer couldn't care less, if it was a good fit or not.
Do you see the "boots" and how they are looking? It's only a tiny detail, but I would be interested to know.

I think they are Ugg style.

A comfy and soft shoe shaped like a boot, usually warn on cold mornings for things like walking a dog.

The robe is also like something commonly worn with those boots for morning activities like this.

I think it’s a woman around Liz’s age dressed like she’s doing a morning activity before getting showered and dressed for the day.

The soft boots, robe, and somewhat messy hair says all that to me.

I think they are Ugg style.

A comfy and soft shoe shaped like a boot, usually warn on cold mornings for things like walking a dog.

The robe is also like something commonly worn with those boots for morning activities like this.

I think it’s a woman around Liz’s age dressed like she’s doing a morning activity before getting showered and dressed for the day.

The soft boots, robe, and somewhat messy hair says all that to me.
Would be fine to know, if the person in the SUV, LE controlled, had a dog with them.

Compile a list of people that had knowledge of both the garage sale happening & Sergio's schedule

In no particular order:

Elizabeth and Sergio
Elizabeth's parents
Sergio's mother and father who was also Sergio's boss

Troubling.
These are the people we know of but there may be others

The video you linked only shows a portion of the security cam video. You might want to see if you can find the longer version of the video that shows the killer running away down the driveway back to the truck.

The driver of the truck was released because they supposedly had a good reason to be in the area at that time. Just because they had a reason to be in the area doesn't mean that they are not the killer. I hope police carefully looked at this driver since the murder
I'd be interested to know if the driver of the truck that was stopped shortly after the BOLO was issued lived nearby (say, within a block or so of EB's home), and if so, did anyone else live in the home who might have had access to that truck earlier that morning? (And in the middle of the night before.) Could it be that there was something about the Barazza's living nearby that irritated someone who was a hothead (or who had a propensity to drink or use drugs to the point of losing impulse control when angry) and who also had access to a gun?

For example: I see that EB and SB had a dog. Was the dog out front, or in the house, or left in the backyard while EB and SB began setting the garage sale up? Did the dog frequently (or even occasionally, but recurrently) bark outside, where it could be heard down the block or in homes on the cul-de-sac behind the Barazza's home? Were any folks in the neighborhood aware of anyone who was getting especially testy about it? When EB and SB walked their dog (or let it loose, if they did that), did they pick up the dog's waste? (Could a photo of dog waste "left behind on someone's lawn for the umpteenth time" have been what the shooter was showing EB before shooting her three times, and then a fourth?).

Dogs defecating on neighbors' and HOA-common-area lawns is a BIG source of recurrent, and increasingly angry complaints on a social media site used among neighbors where I live.

If there was a recurrent problem about which a neighbor was getting increasingly irritated, that could explain the truck's presence in the middle of the night before as well as the morning of the murder. Maybe anger and hostility were building in someone whose only connection was proximity.

To me, the shooter looked like and seemed to move like an adult woman and her rapid approach up the driveway looked like it could have been driven by anger.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know if the driver of the truck that was stopped shortly after the BOLO was issued lived nearby (say, within a block or so of EB's home), and if so, did anyone else live in the home who might have had access to that truck earlier that morning? (And in the middle of the night before.) Could it be that there was something about the Barazza's living nearby that irritated someone who was a hothead (or who had a propensity to drink or use drugs to the point of losing impulse control when angry) and who also had access to a gun?

For example: I see that EB and SB had a dog. Was the dog out front, or in the house, or left in the backyard while EB and SB began setting the garage sale up? Did the dog frequently (or even occasionally, but recurrently) bark outside, where it could be heard down the block or in homes on the cul-de-sac behind the Barazza's home? Were any folks in the neighborhood aware of anyone who was getting especially testy about it? When EB and SB walked their dog (or let it loose, if they did that), did they pick up the dog's waste? (Could a photo of dog waste "left behind on someone's lawn for the umpteenth time" have been what the shooter was showing EB before shooting her three times, and then a fourth?).

Dogs defecating on neighbors' and HOA-common-area lawns is a BIG source of recurrent, and increasingly angry complaints on a social media site used among neighbors where I live.

If there was a recurrent problem about which a neighbor was getting increasingly irritated, that could explain the truck's presence in the middle of the night before as well as the morning of the murder. Maybe anger and hostility were building in someone whose only connection was proximity.

To me, the shooter looked like and seemed to move like an adult woman and her rapid approach up the driveway looked like it could have been driven by anger.

Edited for spelling.
If that truck was pulled over and the driver let go and years later was arrested for being involved it would be shocking, but it would not be the first time. We saw a similar thing with the Delphi murders. The suspect was known and talk to by police early on, and somehow slipped thru the cracks for years.
And even if that person did indeed have a reason to be in that area at the time, it doesn't mean that they still can't be the killer. I'll say this, A Black Nissan PRO4x was a scarce enough truck that if this truck that was pulled over was specifically a Black Pro 4X (and not some other trim level)I'd be surprised if it wasn't involved. Two of those trucks with that trim level in such close proximity within minutes would be shocking. These trucks and that trim level specifically are nowhere near as common as say a Chevy or Ford pickup. I'd bet Chevys and Fords in that area outnumber Nissans 20 to 1

Last edited:
If that truck was pulled over and the driver let go and years later was arrested for being involved it would be shocking, but it would not be the first time. We saw a similar thing with the Delphi murders. The suspect was known and talk to by police early on, and somehow slipped thru the cracks for years.
And even if that person did indeed have a reason to be in that area at the time, it doesn't mean that they still can't be the killer. I'll say this, A Black Nissan PRO4x was a scarce enough truck that if this truck that was pulled over was specifically a Black Pro 4X (and not some other trim level)I'd be surprised if it wasn't involved. Two of those trucks with that trim level in such close proximity within minutes would be shocking. These trucks and that trim level specifically are nowhere near as common as say a Chevy or Ford pickup. I'd bet Chevys and Fords in that area outnumber Nissans 20 to 1
Very much agree with all of this.

Well now, your post is very interesting. Not knowing much about the Nissan PRO4x, I did a little research. They certainly aren't cheap, and the PRO4x is built for off road. You're right morf13, this is an upscale vehicle within its category; it would stand out.

And...I see there are clubs for these vehicles with weekend adventuring, club trips and so forth.

I think you are absolutely on to something here morf13. This high end off road vehicle may very well be the stand out needed to identify the owner/Perp.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Well now, your post is very interesting. Not knowing much about the Nissan PRO4x, I did a little research. They certainly aren't cheap, and the PRO4x is built for off road. You're right morf13, this is an upscale vehicle within its category; it would stand out.

And...I see there are clubs for these vehicles with weekend adventuring, club trips and so forth.

I think you are absolutely on to something here morf13. This high end off road vehicle may very well be the stand out needed to identify the owner/Perp.

Agreed. Not to say that there are not also very expensive Chevys and Fords because there certainly are, but in Texas especially, I am just venturing a guess that a lot more buyers want 'American Made' trucks, and they are cheaper to boot overall, and just a lot more Chevys and Fords sold than Toyotas and Nissans to begin with nation wide. If this was say, a White Chevy pickup, it would be like lookin for a piece of hay in a hay stack. A Nissan Pro 4x theoretically should be much easier to find. But then comes the questions, did the killer own the truck, borrow it, rent it, steal it>? If they went through the trouble of disguising themselves I would bet that they would not drive their own truck there.

Agreed. Not to say that there are not also very expensive Chevys and Fords because there certainly are, but in Texas especially, I am just venturing a guess that a lot more buyers want 'American Made' trucks, and they are cheaper to boot overall, and just a lot more Chevys and Fords sold than Toyotas and Nissans to begin with nation wide. If this was say, a White Chevy pickup, it would be like lookin for a piece of hay in a hay stack. A Nissan Pro 4x theoretically should be much easier to find. But then comes the questions, did the killer own the truck, borrow it, rent it, steal it>? If they went through the trouble of disguising themselves I would bet that they would not drive their own truck there.
I think it was their truck. I don't think they are a professional hit person, but a red-raged crime of passion killer. As such, they didn't think through their vehicle being picked up by door / street cams. They messed up, and it's what's going to lead to an arrest, IWT.

Really good call on the vehicle...excellent.
Now I'm going to try and research how many of these things exist in TX, or have been sold there in the last few years.

A question about the shoes. Many of you are convinced the Perp is wearing "Ugh" boots. Where I live, only teens/early 20-somethings wore them (as you don't see them much anymore.) You could always hear them shuffling along, seemingly having trouble picking their feet up. How on earth could you run in those? Strange shoe choice for a quick getaway.

Here's some of my guestimating from earlier this year on how many Nissan pro-4x's there might be in Texas:

I've been curious how many Nissan Pro4x's there really are in Texas; I'm having trouble getting any sales numbers by state and model, though.

Here's some tidbits I gathered at least for a sense of scale.

In 2018, (to pick an arbitrary year) there were about 80k frontiers sold in the US. That compares to 900k ford f-series, 600k Chevy Silverados, 500k dodge Rams that year.

There are 4.2 million pickups in Texas. If the ratios of sales in 2018 are at all pertinent (not guaranteed) we could be looking at about 160k Nissan Frontiers, across all models/years, in Texas. If half of those are in the target model year range (wild guess) and just 10% of those are Pro4x (another wild guess), that's still 8000 eligible vehicles in Texas alone... Before considering trucks driven in from Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma or elsewhere. That's quite a large number for LE to investigate blindly. (I asked ChatGPT for help, but it wasn't cooperative )

And fwiw, there are 2.1 million pickup trucks in Florida (the state with the third most pickups in the country behind TX and CA) ..so using our assumptions above, 4000 eligible vehicles. And side note; Tomball to Miami is a 17 hour drive.

I think there is a very simple explanation for this one: the perpetrator was not skilled with a firearm and needed to shoot from point blank range in order to hit the victim.
Also based on how they held the weapon there's been some speculation that this isn't a trained shooter - but I think even a trained shooter who is a dispassioned killer and set on their goal would get right up close to their target to be certain to hit and kill them.

One interesting tradeoff to contemplate is that by walking all the way up the driveway and further from their car, the killer was willing to trade risk of being identified/caught for an increase to their chance of succeeding.

The shooter didn't want Liz scared, they didn't want her injured, they didn't want to teach her a lesson, they didn't want her cowed - they wanted her dead. Dead dead.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member