TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #7

How can you help?
Call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line

The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS

• 01/25/2019 = Friday
  • Early Morning [Approximately 02:00 AM] Black Nissan Frontier observed on neighborhood cameras driving by Liz’s house.
  • Early Morning [06:08:15 AM] Liz drives to the local Starbucks to get a coffee.
  • Early Morning [06:16:05 AM] Liz arrives home to begin setting up for Garage Sale (VIDEO).
  • Early Morning [06:17:00 - 6:47:00 AM] Liz and Sergio start arranging items outside on the driveway.
  • Early Morning [06:47:50 AM] The Nissan Frontier arrives and pulls into the neighborhood Princeton Place Drive from Kuykendahl Road and then drives into the Goddard School parking lot.
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] The Nissan Frontier leaves the Goddard School parking lot to conceal on a different street.
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] Sergio leaves the property to go to work, in a white panel van.
  • Early Morning [06:51:40 AM] The Nissan Frontier comes back into view and heads towards the Barraza home.
  • Early Morning [06:52:12 AM] The murderer does a 3-point turn on Cedar Walk, parks behind Liz’s car, and then exits walking towards the driveway where Liz is still setting up.
  • Early Morning [06:52:20 - 06:52:50 AM] Liz says “Good Morning” and then the murderer speaks to her for about 6 seconds. There are 3 quick shots and then a fourth shot delivered point blank once Liz has collapsed to the driveway. (This incident in all takes approximately 30 seconds.)
  • Early Morning [06:53:10 AM] The murderer sprints back to the truck and leaves.
  • Early Morning [06:53:49 AM] Mr. D., neighbor (across street) calls 911: Heard 4 gunshots and observed Frontier leave and return at 58 seconds into the call with dispatch [6:54:47 AM].
  • Early Morning [06:58:24 AM] Next door neighbor Mrs. O. calls 911: Observes someone laying in neighbor’s driveway, heard 4 gunshots. Sees police on scene during call.
  • Early Morning [06:58:52 AM] Mrs. B. neighbor (across street) calls 911: Someone is shot, saw it in her home security video.
  • Early Morning [06:55:05 AM] The murderer exits Princeton Place subdivision and then does a U- turn to reenter the neighborhood.
  • Early Morning [06:55:08 AM] The truck is captured on her doorbell cam passing back by Liz’s house.
  • Early Morning [06:58:52 AM] Harris County Precinct 4 Constables arrive to investigate and secure the scene.

• Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] The Nissan Frontier leaves the Goddard School parking lot to conceal on a different street.
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] Sergio leaves the property to go to work, in a white panel van.
  • Early Morning [06:51:40 AM] The Nissan Frontier comes back into view and heads towards the Barraza home.

IMHO this is key. It's not just a coincidence that the Frontier began moving exactly when Sergio left for work. The key is finding out how the Frontier's occupant(s) were alerted - hacked into the doorbell camera? Had a tracking device on Sergio's vehicle? A call or text from a burner phone, or someone in neighboring house who could see the entire thing?

IMHO this is key. It's not just a coincidence that the Frontier began moving exactly when Sergio left for work. The key is finding out how the Frontier's occupant(s) were alerted - hacked into the doorbell camera? Had a tracking device on Sergio's vehicle? A call or text from a burner phone, or someone in neighboring house who could see the entire thing?

I agree!

I l completely agree with this isn’t the normal time that Sergio left. Very coincidental that it happened minutes after he left.

This has been discussed before, but always good to revisit.

I believe the shooter was pulled over and was either watching the Ring cam to make sure Sergio left, or was watching a Wi-Fi app that shows when devices fall off the network. For instance, my mesh Deco app shows when devices are active or not, even when I am in town using cell data on my phone.

This suggests to me that the shooter was close with Liz and Sergio. I am mighty sure I know who it is but I just do not have concrete definitive proof. The information I have learned about them is just WAY too "coincidental".

This has been discussed before, but always good to revisit.

I believe the shooter was pulled over and was either watching the Ring cam to make sure Sergio left, or was watching a Wi-Fi app that shows when devices fall off the network. For instance, my mesh Deco app shows when devices are active or not, even when I am in town using cell data on my phone.

This suggests to me that the shooter was close with Liz and Sergio. I am mighty sure I know who it is but I just do not have concrete definitive proof. The information I have learned about them is just WAY too "coincidental".

One could potentially pair his phone via Bluetooth with several cars, I wonder how far from the car your phone has to be for it to still be “seen” on the car screen. I hope I made it clear.

Or access to his location on his phone.

I have wondered since first seeing those times how accurate they are and where they come from. Did someone sync various video sources so they are all on the same timeline and the perp really did thread a needle on their arrival?

Or access to his location on his phone.

I have wondered since first seeing those times how accurate they are and where they come from. Did someone sync various video sources so they are all on the same timeline and the perp really did thread a needle on their arrival?
Kaitlyn Armstrong (an almost identical case to Liz's) used a bicycling app that mapped out routes to monitor her target Mo Wilson's location.

Mo was a professional cyclist. I could see Liz and Sergio using location apps with people they were close to for things like keeping up with everyone on multiple levels of a hospital, convention, or charity event.

I could also totally picture them sharing their location with someone they may want to meet at a vacation spot....not saying they planned to, just saying....its an idea.

I wonder if LE has looked into any historical devices that may have connected to the Ring camera, the WiFi mesh network access and thoroughly examined any and all kinds of location sharing services on both devices?

Kaitlyn Armstrong (an almost identical case to Liz's) used a bicycling app that mapped out routes to monitor her target Mo Wilson's location.

Mo was a professional cyclist. I could see Liz and Sergio using location apps with people they were close to for things like keeping up with everyone on multiple levels of a hospital, convention, or charity event.

I could also totally picture them sharing their location with someone they may want to meet at a vacation spot....not saying they planned to, just saying....its an idea.

I wonder if LE has looked into any historical devices that may have connected to the Ring camera, the WiFi mesh network access and thoroughly examined any and all kinds of location sharing services on both devices?
I always wondered why they don't ask people to check their routers to see who tried to login. If you sit somewhere, your phone tries to connect.

I always wondered why they don't ask people to check their routers to see who tried to login. If you sit somewhere, your phone tries to connect.
Even if it was a burner phone or device with no SIM card, they still have MAC addresses than can be traced back to the purchaser under most circumstances.

I sometimes lean towards the idea that the object the shooter was showing Liz in their left had was a phone or tablet that was a burner or was in airplane mode.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm