TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I fully believe that truck was from out of state and the shooter used it with or without the owners permission.
Or at a great distance from Tomball, since TX is a rather large state. In any event I agree that the shooter was not the owner - just someone with access to it.

What time was the vehicle pulled over? I have heard conflicting times such as before the shooting or after the shooting.
According to the Arrin Stoner video posted above, the vehicle, was pulled over after the shooting which occurred at 6:55 AM. A Black Nissan was first spotted going southbound and then pursued by a responding officer on Kuykendal at 7:05 AM. They were finally able to be pulled over and spoken with the officer by 7:12 AM. The model of the Nissan Frontier is not specified though by the way and the vin numbers have been blacked out on the documents provided to AS. AS states it is possible it wasn’t the right vehicle that was pursued by the responding officer.

Hope this helps.

According to the Arrin Stoner video posted above, the vehicle, was pulled over after the shooting which occurred at 6:55 AM. A Black Nissan was first spotted going southbound and then pursued by a responding officer on Kuykendal at 7:05 AM. They were finally able to be pulled over and spoken with the officer by 7:12 AM. The model of the Nissan Frontier is not specified though by the way and the vin numbers have been blacked out on the documents provided to AS. AS states it is possible it wasn’t the right vehicle that was pursued by the responding officer.

Hope this helps.
It does help, thank you.

I was under the impression the truck was pulled over before the shooting. Some time between 2am and 4am. This would have been good hours to use the sleeping child excuse. Pulled over at 7:12? Not so much.

I don't feel like I am forcing a round peg into a square hole too much by sticking to my female shooter with child excuse theory. I think Liz's shooter was a female, and if she was they psychotic enough to shoot Liz point blank, I can see them making a clever excuse on the spot to be in the area, or already have a story pre-planned. I also think seeing a woman in the truck would set off way less alarm bells that a man in the truck. Women are very, very clever and are also able to emulate emotions in their advantage, especially towards men (most likely a male officer).

I digress, though. Lots of people headed to work, coffee, daycare, other places early in the morning. I personally believe the shooter is female and was dressed for an early morning activity such as walking the dog, taking out the trash, etc. We have all seen many women around Liz's age and demographic outside at that hour in the morning, during winter, wearing a robe with ugg style boots.

I agree- the truck is the key and I am beyond shocked that nobody in Liz and Sergio's circle of friends recognizes it and that nobody has seen it again in that area.
Maybe they weren't part of L and S's circle of friends at the time, but have since become very close to one of them? I don't know that I truly believe that, but it's floating around in my possibilities. There's something in there somewhere, MOO

I myself have a few tenuous ties to the SW cosplay and the overall Star Wars fandom community, but I just don't feel like this has anything to do with that angle. Nerd groups like this tend to be pretty gossipy and people will know each other for years and years and years.
Greetings!

I too have some ties to the Nerdverse- but with a faction centered on complex board games with elaborately painted figurines.

Anyways.....

This non cosplay nerd faction is pretty balanced as a group. Focus on the games can be intense. Some participants have uhmm.... "incomplete" social skills. Others enjoy "OG" respect in the group. But, most have outside interests and lives: boy friends, girl friends, spouses. Some have good jobs. One has grand children. Lives separate from the group are common.

But....

A forum member mentioned that her cosplay / fan nerd group (different genre than Star Wars) had a very noticeable minority of people who were "in deep". They derived all, or nearly all, of their friends, self esteem, social prestige and in some cases, "chosen family" from the cosplay world. Cosplay related "situations" and jealosies could get dramatic- fast.

So....

What are your observations of the Star Wars cosplay faction of the Nerdverse? Are they balanced as a group? Or, are there noticeable numbers of "in deep" participants with disproportionate levels of self esteem, friends and social prestige invested in Star Wars cosplay?

Last edited:
I have also started to wonder about timing. For example, we know it was a matter of minutes when her husband left the house and the shooter pulled up. So we have speculated that there was some sort of surveillance happening.

But think about how Liz left the house earlier that morning to go to Starbucks and then came back. How did the shooter know that Liz was back home? Did the shooter know that Liz even went to Starbucks?

Because then it made me start thinking about the timing again. That only did the shooter know when the husband left the house, the shooter also knew that Liz was still there to start driving over.

The shooter started driving over after the husband left the house. So the shooter had no way of knowing that Liz was actually going to be outside at any point. Even though there was a garage sale, it was not time for the garage sale so Liz could’ve been inside going to the bathroom, getting a drink, etc.

Who stood to benefit or has benefitted since this happened?

I am sure there is a reason why people aren't laying it out here that the person closest to Liz likely arranged everything and perhaps sent a message from a burner that made it very easy for the killer to do their thing. Perhaps I'll get a warning for this although I don't think I am saying anything that others are not already thinking.

Greetings!

I too have some ties to the Nerdverse- but with a faction centered on complex board games with elaborately painted figurines.

Anyways.....

This non cosplay nerd faction is pretty balanced as a group. Focus on the games can be intense. Some participants have uhmm.... "incomplete" social skills. Others enjoy "OG" respect in the group. But, most have outside interests and lives: boy friends, girl friends, spouses. Some have good jobs. One has grand children. Lives separate from the group are common.

But....

A forum member mentioned that her cosplay / fan nerd group (different genre than Star Wars) had a very noticeable minority of people who were "in deep". They derived all, or nearly all, of their friends, self esteem, social prestige and in some cases, "chosen family" from the cosplay world. Cosplay related "situations" and jealosies could get dramatic- fast.

So....

What are your observations of the Star Wars cosplay faction of the Nerdverse? Are they balanced as a group? Or, are there noticeable numbers of "in deep" participants with disproportionate levels of self esteem, friends and social prestige invested in Star Wars cosplay?

The Barazas were involved in a charity organization that evolved from members' love of Star Wars. not a cosplay faction. They dressed in the authorized and approved gear, for the purpose of drawing a larger audience to get more donations for a specific charity, appearances that are applied for and approved by the organization. The victim died in a hospital that she had made (Storm Trooper) appearances at, for the morale of children. Make-A-Wish is a "partner organization".

Who stood to benefit or has benefitted since this happened?

I am sure there is a reason why people aren't laying it out here that the person closest to Liz likely arranged everything and perhaps sent a message from a burner that made it very easy for the killer to do their thing. Perhaps I'll get a warning for this although I don't think I am saying anything that others are not already thinking.
Yes, there is a reason. So far, no one has shown that anyone benefitted in any way since this happened. (Speculation is not showing any proof). LE has done an exhaustive investigation of the person most always assumed responsible (spouse, BF). Why would a killer need to make drive-bys around the neighborhood during the night if they were just waiting for a call to tell them the coast was clear? All of the driving around is inefficient and an unnecessary risk in your scenario.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back