TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most home routers don’t store that information and not many commercial ones do these days. If someone had previously connected to their home router (say a family member or a guest) and the WiFi was strong enough to reach out to the driveway where the shooting happened to let their phone auto connect, there could possibly have been a log of that connection on the router. The suspect’s phone would most likely have a record of that connection and would be a better source as the router logs are extremely volatile (meaning that they are easily lost in any little power blip to the router or not retained for very long in most cases unless the user is saavy enough to access their router and set them to be retained longer). The stars have to align just right for a router interrogation to provide useful information. Most officers still go by the “unplug it and submit it as evidence” mantra for computer equipment and that purges a lot of useful information from a router.
I was not talking about the router information.

I was talking about the SIM card and MAC addresses of a potential burner phone.

Re-listened to podcast
New info for me in True Crime Broads podcast:

TCB: Was there a Nissan Frontier pulled over?

Liz's parents: Yes, there was a vehicle pulled over that morning, by a constable 15 min after the shooting. They did stop the vehicle. It didn’t warrant anything further looking into that we were told.

The vehicle did not have the right decal on it either. So there is a decal on the side of the shooter’s car which is a factory applied decal - a pro 4x decal
It (decal) is not something you can take on or take off - it would clearly not be the car. It’s designed to drive through mud. They did pull it over because it was in a very good location of where it would be by (Liz) her home, and they did follow it for a while. They did pull her over… I said her over and I dont mean “her” because I dont know if male or female or whatever. It may have been multiple people I have no idea. When they pulled over the truck it seemed it wasn’t anything, it wasn’t the perpetrator. They have the info. We have asked them to look at it several times.

Jmo, an innocent mistake
I am not sure I was clear in my post. To be clear, Im aware of a vehicle having been pulled over shortly after the execution of Liz, but first time I heard of it being a female driver. However, sounds like Liz's parent misspoke.

I was not talking about the router information.

I was talking about the SIM card and MAC addresses of a potential burner phone.
Unfortunately, that is also not always the case. I have traced many back to “Walmart” or “Target” and been unable to get any further down to what location the phone was purchased at, same with the ICCID number off the SIM card. A few times was lucky enough to get a store number that led the Detective to surveillance video but not many. There are many ways that a purchase and “recharge” of those devices can be made without being able to be traced back. I wish they would crack down on burner phones and paper plates here in this state. Would put a hurt on some criminals I believe.

The shooter would have had to have knowledge of the garage sale. The driving by in the early morning hours before makes me think they had not been there before and wanted to get a lay of the land, so to speak, or plan their escape route. They could have killed her as she left for Starbucks, but the timing of it was predetermined. Why? Knew she would be outside for the garage sale? Wanted to ensure Sergio was gone which would require knowledge of his schedule as well? Both? This case is infuriating!

Also, I think they quickly moved from Goddard school because they didn't account for parents to be dropping their kids off that early. There would have been a much greater chance someone took note of a truck just sitting there. According to the Goddard School website they open at 6am. The timing of the whole thing really baffles me.

All speculation, of course.

I was questioning more about why the shooter didn’t get target Liz before or after on her Strarbuck’s run, for example as she was going in or out of her car? If the perp wasn’t sure if SB was awake or not or already setting set up the sale thus leading to the risk of him running out the house or right from the section of the sale and having him intervene, trying to fight off the killer and/or immediately call 911 while perhaps even given them a description of the perp, car or license plate number. Of course, the perp could have reasoned that if such likelihood occurred they could possibly shoot and kill SB too or they could fail even if they did defend themselves but they could have also still reasoned they would be overpowered, caught if SB already alerted 911 or hindered from further trying kill Liz as result of SB’s intervening.

SB intervening through shouting and calling out to Liz could have also drawn the attention and alarm of neighbors earlier and risk their intervention and the perp getting caught or hindered from committing the murdered and and/or escaping as well.

Something else I wonder if SB owned or was licensed to carry a gun or firearm? T doesn’t appear that Liz owned one but if SB did and some reason the perp was aware of this it may have contributed to the timing and place of Liz’s tragic murder?

Liz’s murderer seems to want to target her when she was truly alone, defenseless and without someone to come to her defense. That is another thing that makes Liz’s attack and murder tragic, is she was completely alone when it happened. She was scared, in pain and screamed in the face of the horror of what was about to occur but there was no one there with her. Maybe that is what the perp wanted? Maybe he or she wanted her to feel isolated and aware of alone she was to make her experience of the her attack and death even more heartbreaking and painful for her? Perhaps this could indicate how personal this perp’s/perps motives their subsequent attack and Liz’s murder was for them and/or any accomplices involved?

Just my own speculation of course

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bananapanini