TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Live now:

I'm in the process of watching this video, and there is some new information in here. Around minute 23 or so, he shows that there was a mirror on the front of Liz's house, and the mirror's reflection is captured in the video of the shooting, and the mirror captured a lot of what happened. Thank you so much for posting this.

Gray did a good job of increasing the volume on the video to hear the guy's voice. Still couldn't hear exactly what he was saying but it's in 2 parts. A little more cleaning up and you might be able to distinguish the words. It was threatening. He was telling her (in so many words) this is because of something you did or said or knew or something. Not sure, but it almost sounds like he mentions someone's name.

Gray did a good job of increasing the volume on the video to hear the guy's voice. Still couldn't hear exactly what he was saying but it's in 2 parts. A little more cleaning up and you might be able to distinguish the words. It was threatening. He was telling her (in so many words) this is because of something you did or said or knew or something. Not sure, but it almost sounds like he mentions someone's name.

I was just listening to that! I can almost hear "I know it was you" or "I knew it was you" right before the gunshots.

That audio is disturbing. I'm really confused now as the killer looks like a woman but does sound a lot like a man.

I definitely feel that it's a male with a wig. It's always confused me because walking up, the figure looks feminine to me. But the way the last shot is done, the hair (looks like a wig) falling in the face the way it does, screams male to me. And hearing the audio more clearly - even though I can't be sure what's being said, definitely a male voice IMO.

I definitely feel that it's a male with a wig. It's always confused me because walking up, the figure looks feminine to me. But the way the last shot is done, the hair (looks like a wig) falling in the face the way it does, screams male to me. And hearing the audio more clearly - even though I can't be sure what's being said, definitely a male voice IMO.

It's funny you said that, as how the shooter looked standing there doing the the last shot stood out to me as well. I thought they looked more like a male there.

I was sure it was a woman, then I watched it again and I'm thinking it's a man. I just wish he had tripped up and lost the wig so we could get a good look at the murderer. Moo.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210125-123552~2.png
    Screenshot_20210125-123552~2.png
    180.9 KB · Views: 76
A perceived
I was just listening to that! I can almost hear "I know it was you" or "I knew it was you" right before the gunshots.

Sounds like a revenge shooting. I hope LE has checked out co workers who were demoted or fired. Elizabeth's costume approval is an interesting angle as well. Outside of work and Cosplay, what else was she involved with?

Gosh, now I admit I'm torn. It did look like a feminine gait as they approached Liz, but the running off seems different.

Obviously this was targeted, I'm shocked that they haven't made an arrest yet? Love, sex or money related more than likely.

I've read some thoughts that the shooter faked a feminine gait to continue to appear as a woman until they were up close. That could make sense. Until this new video, I thought it was a woman too. It's hard to say, but in the close-up, you can at least get a glimpse of the height of the forehead and maybe the hairline, but it's hard to say considering there was a wig. Definitely the height range should be clear to investigators. It wasn't a tall man.

It's funny you said that, as how the shooter looked standing there doing the the last shot stood out to me as well. I thought they looked more like a male there.

That and the audio are the main reasons I think it's a male. Otherwise it's hard to tell for me, so I think it could really go either way. Even the police haven't said one way or the other

That and the audio are the main reasons I think it's a male. Otherwise it's hard to tell for me, so I think it could really go either way. Even the police haven't said one way or the other
Dressing as a female would be an excellent disguise, IMO. It would have put Elizabeth more at ease as a stranger quickly approached her, and it would definitely mislead police relying on distant surveillance cams.

And it would certainly fit with the thinking process of the cosplay community...

Dressing as a female would be an excellent disguise, IMO. It would have put Elizabeth more at ease as a stranger quickly approached her, and it would definitely mislead police relying on distant surveillance cams.

And it would certainly fit with the thinking process of the cosplay community...

Great point about her being put more at ease at first. And adding all the other things you mention, so true on all points.

Whoever did this had to take a lot of time planning this.

Another possible motive is someone wanting to get revenge against the husband. The biggest problem with the Cosplay motive seems to be the fact that hardly anyone knew about the garage sale.

The new man in charge of the case has done a great job in these interviews. I hope there will be more coverage today and this week locally and nationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmmaV