TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it but: HPD could theoretically comb through all the videos; but the man hours would be staggering. They most likely went through the immediate, localized cameras in that timeframe; but that is all. It would simply cost too much to do more. The director of homicide investigation is basically a budget minded, numbers cruncher. Many other homicides can be solved for a fraction of the cost. Risk/cost vs. reward.

Well it's a shame they can't pass the cctv over to us here and let us look through it! I'm sure there are plenty of us who would like to. I'm busy but would certainly find time to do something like that for a couple of hours a week.

Well it's a shame they can't pass the cctv over to us here and let us look through it! I'm sure there are plenty of us who would like to. I'm busy but would certainly find time to do something like that for a couple of hours a week.

I have often thought this same thing....we could “crowdsource” (I think that is the current term) this sort of task for LE! But they’d have to vet each one of us I suppose because perps could volunteer to do this too no doubt, and compromise the investigation. But I think a progressive LE department could take this idea and run with it, no?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd