GUILTY TX - Elizabeth Ennen, 15, Lubbock, 5 January 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was said they noticed 15mins later, will look for source-and then from what I understood they spoke to her mother and then her mother calls LE-supposedly around 2AM

ETA -Oh woops it seems I completely imagined this or made an assumption reading between the lines, that's weird I could have sworn I had read somewhere they noticed just 15-20mins after.

So in this case it could have been the next morning! :waitasec:

I agree with all of you, soo many questions!
One of my first question on first page was about the time they noticed the purse in car. I guess I had been informed wrong at the time.. (np poster, it happens :) )

OLDER b/f.. Elizabeth is 15.. so 16 or 17 would be normal? So this must be an adult.
Runaway? Absolutely not! No purse, no cell, no meds, no clothes, no personal items.

Did b/f live at this motel at the time?

If the people she was sitting for drove her home, who stayed with the kids then?

Prayers for Beth and her family!

I want to know exactly what Lubbock PD are looking at that makes them think this is simply a runaway (endangered because she doesn't have her meds). Because there's absolutely nothing in this case to suggest she ran away that I'm aware of. She left behind her purse, money, cell phone and clothing. No one runs away without at least her phone.

I want to know exactly what Lubbock PD are looking at that makes them think this is simply a runaway (endangered because she doesn't have her meds). Because there's absolutely nothing in this case to suggest she ran away that I'm aware of. She left behind her purse, money, cell phone and clothing. No one runs away without at least her phone.

I agree with you.

I get the feeling from reading the news articles, that they let missing persons
or teen cases just gather their own steam...
If the person/child returns soon, well, all's good.
If not, then they will start to do more about the situation.
At least that is the way it reads to me.

JMO

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13889540

Posted: Jan 22, 2011 3:48 PM EST
Updated: Jan 22, 2011 4:00 PM EST
(Christy Moreland contributed to this report.)
By James Clark

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A Lubbock girl is no longer called an endangered runaway. Instead police now believe that Elizabeth Ennen, 15, was kidnapped.

Police have arrested Humberto Salinas, 45, on a charge of aggravated kidnapping. But while Salinas is in jail, Ennen is still missing. Police have not yet released other details but are preparing a public statement asking for help in finding Elizabeth.

She is described as a White female, 5'3", 135 pounds with sandy brown hair, and brown eyes. According to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, she might go by the nickname Beth or Lizzie.

Police say that after investigating the case it became apparent that Elizabeth did not leave on her own and she did not run away. She disappeared January 5th after she went to a baby-sitting job at the Carriage House Motel.

If you can help find Elizabeth please call Crimeline at 806-741-1000, or 9-1-1.

13889540_BG2.jpg

summer_breeze just updated Elizabeth's other thread.

Lubbock teen kidnapped, still missing, suspect arrested

<snip>

Police have arrested Humberto Salinas, 45, on a charge of aggravated kidnapping. But while Salinas is in jail, Ennen is still missing. Police have not yet released other details but are preparing a public statement asking for help in finding Elizabeth.

more here

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13889540

Prayers they find Elizabeth safe!!!

prayers for Elizabeth - that she's found safe!! this is so scary!

I agree with you.

I get the feeling from reading the news articles, that they let missing persons
or teen cases just gather their own steam...
If the person/child returns soon, well, all's good.
If not, then they will start to do more about the situation.
At least that is the way it reads to me.

JMO

in which case clues have gone cold :(
and the article words it this way:

"He added, “When a girl is missing 17 days under suspicious circumstances, it has to be investigated.”
“Detectives believe Elizabeth is a runaway and that she’s in no danger. However, they are not willing to take a chance and are investigating,” he said."

17 days under suspicious circumstances-how about 1 day under suspicious circumstances!

Thank you Texas Mist!

http://www.kcbd.com/global/story.asp?s=13889540

LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) - A Lubbock girl is no longer called an endangered runaway. Instead police now believe that Elizabeth Ennen, 15, was kidnapped.

<mod snipped>

If you can help find Elizabeth please call Crimeline at 806-741-1000, or 9-1-1.

I wonder if Salinas is the older BF's dad?

The one she was "babysitting" for?

If he is in jail and they have yet to find her, it doesn't look good. :(

My prayers are with her family and friends. I pray the police are able to get information from the suspect and bring her home. Hopefully safe!

looks like Salinas has been in trouble before

GRAND JURY INDICTMENTS
Published: Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Lubbock grand jury issued the following indictments Tuesday:

Aggravated assault: Patrick J. XXXX, 40, *advertiser censored* St.; Humberto M. Salinas, 41, 306 37th St., No. 2; Vydon *advertiser censored*, 34, XXXSt.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/071107/gra_6654253.shtml

haven't had time to see if he was convicted, went to prison, etc.

I live in Lubbock, this is all so sad. I read on Facebook a suspect was arrested today. I am really worried that Elizabeth still has not been found. The area she lives in is not the best part of town.

I am shocked by the lack of local coverage. There has been much more coverage on Hailey here than Elizabeth. Even with the arrest no one really seems to be talking about it. I follow KCBD on facebook and they had a quick article about it maybe a week or so ago saying they though she was a runaway...then it was quiet until today...

My parents live in Snyder so everything with Hailey and Elizabeth is all so close to home, very scary.

From the a/n article:

"Police say that after investigating the case it became apparent that Elizabeth did not leave on her own "

What the heck.

OK, who is this guy in relation to Elizabeth? Or did LE just stumble on the alleged perp?
This does not look good at all for this young girl...

OK, who is this guy in relation to Elizabeth? Or did LE just stumble on the alleged perp?
This does not look good at all for this young girl...

No ideas on the FB page either about this. Maybe we'll know more from this press conference!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back