GUILTY TX - Emma Thompson, 4, dies with STD, skull fracture, Spring, 27 June 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just have one question. When the doctor and CPS discovered this child had herpes, did they ask this child if anyone had been hurting or touching her? No where have I read that they asked the child anything. She was 4 years old. She could have told them Lucas was there, since her mother didn't seem to think that was an important piece of information. Maybe if they had asked the child or her siblings, this beautiful child could have been removed from the home before death. (imo)

I wonder if CPS was present when Emma was examined for the herpes? I wonder if they allowed the momster in this case to report back to them the nonsense regarding herpes not being indicative of sexual abuse? Because she was a white collar worker.

Young has absolutely no plausible defense-neighbors are turning her in, she clearly knew that Coe should not have been around her children or his own...She and her attorney may have dreams that they will win a war of words in the media or that Coe will be a good fall guy, but we have all been educated by the Anthony case-we get the fact that middle class breeds this kind of horrific behavior too.

Her interviews are nauseating because of being so self involved and self serving. There is nothing more to say except she deserves life if she is convicted of this crime.

I just have one question. When the doctor and CPS discovered this child had herpes, did they ask this child if anyone had been hurting or touching her? No where have I read that they asked the child anything. She was 4 years old. She could have told them Lucas was there, since her mother didn't seem to think that was an important piece of information. Maybe if they had asked the child or her siblings, this beautiful child could have been removed from the home before death. (imo)

CPS did ask 4 yr old Emma. Their have been reports that neighbors over heard Abby coaching her other 2 daughters after Emma's murder.

CPS did ask 4 yr old Emma. Their have been reports that neighbors over heard Abby coaching her other 2 daughters after Emma's murder.

Here's the link:

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-emmas-mother-out-of-jail-story,0,5423888.story

39 News spoke to Emma's aunt off-camera and several neighbors Wednesday.

Some of them say after hearing what they call "lies" Abigail Young and her attorney are telling the media about the death of her 4 year-old daughter, Emma Thompson, they have decided to break their silence.

"It's hard for me to see her on TV as a grieving mother because I can tell you right now she did not grieve at all that night," said Julius Villarreal, Young's former neighbor.

Neighbors also say as investigators were looking for evidence inside Young's home, Young was heard coaching her other children to tell police that Lucas Coe had nothing to do with their sister's death.

On Wednesday in court and with her new attorney, Young's story has changed drastically.

(Snipped by me)

Did anyone notice this?

She died after being rushed to Memorial Hermann-The Woodlands Hospital by her mother, a registered nurse, on June 27. A neighbor reported that the night of Emma's death, Young said the fatal injuries were caused by two separate falls — and that she tried to save her daughter's life by using Super Glue to close a wound on her head.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6564570.html

!!!!
This is the "gifted nurse"???

Apparently, super glue can be used instead of stitches to close a wound. Google 'super glue stitch serious cut'. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-56352395.html

I don't know if "super glue" was used on one of my children's cuts in the ER, but it was an adhesive and the doctor said it would help with less scarring than a traditional stitch. I don't think it's meant to be used to cover a gaping wound or anything but it is used (the adhesive).

I'd never try it at home! JMO.

Apparently, super glue can be used instead of stitches to close a wound. Google 'super glue stitch serious cut'. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-56352395.html

The superglue that is used in emergency rooms to close minor (note: minor) lacerations is MEDICAL grade and created specifically for that purpose. My son required this several years ago because he ran into his brother and split his head just above his eyelid. Because of where it was, and his young age, the doctors wanted to use the medical grade glue because it would have required a plastic surgeon and lots of time to stitch it up, the kid was only 3 so they gave us a choice. We took the glue. Serious OPEN wounds should not be self-closed with around the house super glue. I am a nurse, and have been a nurse much longer than Abbey Young, and I WOULD NOT do that to my child, I would have a physician examine it and decide the best course of treatment. I am neither trained nor licensed to diagnose an injury and it's proper course of treatment. So clearly, Abbey Young is lacking in judgment. Not only was her daughter being raped by her boyfriend, right under her nose, her daughter was infected with the same STD that Coe had given Abbey, and her "gifted nurse"/"motherly instinct" was to cover for Coe not protect her baby. She is a sick, pathetic excuse for a human being and I hope a jury sees right through her self-serving PR.

I don't know if "super glue" was used on one of my children's cuts in the ER, but it was an adhesive and the doctor said it would help with less scarring than a traditional stitch. I don't think it's meant to be used to cover a gaping wound or anything but it is used (the adhesive).

Right on BOYZ, you wouldn't do it yourself at home! Also you are correct, it is not for a gaping wound! It suits a minor laceration that would require few stitches.

Right on BOYZ, you wouldn't do it yourself at home! Also you are correct, it is not for a gaping wound! It suits a minor laceration that would require few stitches.

Regular old "super glue" stings like heck if you get it in an open cut- even in the ER, IIRC, the doctor injected a little numbing agent before gluing my son's eyelid (probably similar to your son's above the eyelid injury.)

FWIW, plastic surgeons have a doozey of a time taking the glue off if there is something that requires the removal of the glue. Make sure if you're in the position with a wound on the face, that the glue is the best option for you (otherwise, ask for a plastic surgeon to look at the wound). :twocents:

Sorry for the somewhat off topic.

I agree that Emma's mom should have used better judgement when dealing with the wound she tried to seal with glue. If my child were injured to the extent Emma was injured, I would have called 911 immediately, not spent a moment trying to "fix" the injury. JMO.

I'll bet she glued it so she wouldn't have to take her (Emma) to the hospital. You know, cover it up. Thought she'd get away with it, too. Didn't NOTICE Emma was dying. Practicing medicine w/o a license.

Please.

I hope the other two children have been checked out and they are ok. Does anyone know how old they are? Surely, they would be able to tell LE what was going on in that house?

With 80 contusions on Emma's little body, covering a head wound wouldn't have made her injuries less noticeable. So sad! The act of desperation, to me.

I hope the other two children have been checked out and they are ok. Does anyone know how old they are? Surely, they would be able to tell LE what was going on in that house?

I believe they're 11 and 5 (will have to verify that). LE was trying to severely limit AY's access to the children due to the fact that the children are witnesses to the abuse/crime.

PROTECTIVE SERVICES
CPS under fire in death of Emma Thompson

By RANDY BURTON
Aug. 15, 2009, 4:39PM

The death of 4-year-old Emma Thompson has enraged the Houston community. According to news reports, Emma's mother ignored the abuse of her own child, denied it to the authorities and attempted to hide it by super-gluing her baby's skull together. This “gifted nurse” claimed Emma's injuries were self-inflicted and that she had contracted genital herpes from a dirty toilet seat. Neighbors and others who suspected abuse should have notified the authorities, something required of all Texans over the age of 18. But, judging by their comments on the story on the Houston Chronicle's Web site, Houstonians have reserved their strongest criticism for Child Protective Services. The agency, which was fully aware that Emma had contracted a sexually transmitted disease, failed to remove her from the home. [snipped]

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/outlook/6574076.html

Paintr, from the comments after one of the linked articles, I get the impression that Emma's mother's family has money and are influential in the community. Maybe the house was a gift.
One of the articles states that AY's mother is CEO of the hospital AY worked at. That's where the influence and money comes from.

While I'm not fond of the way CPS performs (in general), I truly feel the brunt of the responsibility has to be laid at the feet of the parents. In this case, I don't see where Emma's dad could have changed the circumstances, even petitioning for custody would have been more time consuming than the 30 days or less it took for mom's boyfriend to kill this baby.

I believe that Abigail needs to be punished to the full extent of the law (which probably isn't enough time). It's not up to "the system" to raise our children, it's up to us. Mothers in the animal kingdom are doing a better job than some of the idiots we read about. I could try petting a bear cub and test the theory but I'd rather not. :furious:

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-child-abuse-story,0,1060236.story

Fifteen days after 4-year-old Emma Thompson visited a hospital for a sexual abuse exam - she was dead. Her initial exam showed no sign of trauma, but an autopsy later revealed that between the time she visited the hospital and the time she died, Emma had suffered 80 bruises, a fracture to her skull, and sexual trauma.

A national report estimates that 95% of sexually abused children are abused by a family member or someone they trust.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6576234.html#

A CASE HISTORY OF TRAGEDY
‘THE SYSTEM FAILED EMMA'
By TERRI LANGFORD Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
Aug. 17, 2009, 8:48PM

Read how many children could have been saved from Lucas Coe's abuse if the system in place, parole & probation systems and the Judge that over and over again allowed this monster to remain in public until he finally tortured, raped, and murdered Emma.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11
Back