Weight: 225 lbs.
Age Missing: 32
Hair Color: Black
Sex: Male

Last Seen in: Atlanta (Cass)
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Last Seen on: 11/19/2018

Circumstances: Eric was last seen wearing pajamas unknown color. House slippers unknown color, and a light jacket, color unknown. Eric has multiple tattoos on his abdomen, face, right arm, left wrist, right calf and a neck tattoo that reads "Spanish Blood"

mpDetails

ETX authorities searching for missing man

News video

According to the video he left the home at about 1 AM on Nov 20 and didn't take his phone. He took the dogs with him and drove away in his Jeep. Jeep was found later that morning on Hwy 71 in Little River County, Arkansas (about 47 miles from Atlanta TX according to Google Maps). The jeep was out of gas. The dogs were later found near by, dead. That's pretty much it, no new leads since then.

I wonder what happened and where was Eric going at 1 AM in the morning? And what happened to the dogs? This is odd.

News video

According to the video he left the home at about 1 AM on Nov 20 and didn't take his phone. He took the dogs with him and drove away in his Jeep. Jeep was found later that morning on Hwy 71 in Little River County, Arkansas (about 47 miles from Atlanta TX according to Google Maps). The jeep was out of gas. The dogs were later found near by, dead. That's pretty much it, no new leads since then.

I wonder what happened and where was Eric going at 1 AM in the morning? And what happened to the dogs? This is odd.
Yeah! What the heck happened to the dogs? I’ve been searching for info and can only find “thoughts and prayers”. Not even info on what type of dogs they were.

Eric Thomas Alvarado – The Charley Project

• Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic male. Black hair, brown eyes. Alvarado's nickname is Slow. He has the following tattoos: the words "Spanish Blood" on his neck, a large cross on his back between his shoulder blades, his last name "ALVARADO" above his navel, the name "LORENZO" around his wrist, and numerous other tattoos on his chest, neck, both arms and both hands. Photos of some of Alvarado's tattoos are posted with this case summary. He wears prescription eyeglasses.
Details of Disappearance
Alvarado was last seen leaving his home in Atlanta, Texas at 1:30 a.m. on November 20, 2018. He left the door to the house open and has never been heard from again. Later that evening, his black Jeep was found abandoned and out of gas on Highway 71 south of Ogden, Arkansas. This was almost fifty miles from Alvarado's home. His two pit bulls, whom he'd left home with, were nearby. They were dead.

Alvarado's family believes he is missing under suspicious circumstances. He worked as a tattoo artist at the time of his disappearance, and left

this one is so strange and I feel so bad for his family. I wonder how the dogs were killed? that sends quite the message.
he went out at 1:30am, in pajamas, left the door open, and phone at home.
went out to buy cigarettes??

Family of E. Texas man missing since 2018 offers $10K reward for answers | KARK

The family of an East Texas man who has been missing for nearly three years is asking the public for help, and they are offering a $10,000 reward for answers in his disappearance.

Eric Alvarado, of Atlanta, Texas has been missing since November 2018. Years later, family and friends are still searching for answers.

NOV 25, 2021
Father seeking information on missing son who lived in Atlanta, Texas (texarkanagazette.com)
199984960_IMG_4760_t800.jpg

[...]

... He left his home in Atlanta to go to the store and has not been seen since.

[...]

"Somebody out there has to know something," said Eric's father LA.

"My son would give the shirt off his back to anybody and he would help people out with money. He was just a great kid. I don't know why anybody would harm him. I know my son had a heart bigger than Texas, bigger than the world," LA said.

[...]

Eric had lived in Atlanta for about eight years and worked as a tattoo artist.

His father lives in Indianapolis, but is working from a distance to try and find out what happened to Eric.

[...]

Anyone with information about his location or the case, should call Atlanta Police Department at 903-796-7973, The Texas Rangers at 903-255-5727 or the Little River County Sheriff's Department at 870-898-5115.

This is such an unusual case. The family, via Eric's side, reached out to me for help with filing record requests because local LE, according to them, has been far from helpful. As it stands, I too have had a few issues with Atlanta PD and them telling me where I need to send my record requests. Harleton FD has a SAR K9 unit, that, at least at the time, was headed by a woman named Becky Oliver. Upon reaching out to her, she is unwilling to release any information or record that she has in regard to her searches. Harleton fire department is a volunteer department, and best I can tell they are not subject to FOIA. Arkansas doesn't seem to have any record of the jeep being found.

I'm still pressing Atlanta PD about a record request, but they will not return my calls, and were unwilling to give me an email address at which I can file a request. I have a Texas resident that is willing to file in person, so I may just have to go that route.

DEC 17, 2022
Thirty-two-year-old Eric Alvarado was last seen on his home security cameras in the early morning hours of November 20, 2018, in Atlanta, Texas. According to Atlanta police, he left his home to run to the store. Eric had his two pit bulls with him at the time. He never returned.

Eric’s father, Lorenzo Alvarado, told Dateline that Eric’s wife, Samantha, called the police to report her husband missing about 45 minutes later.

[...]

Captain Restelle and Detective Sergeant Jeb Newkirk, also of the Atlanta Police Department, told Dateline earlier this month that there are currently no suspects in Eric’s disappearance. “We've interviewed everyone that's been called in or we’ve received a tip on, or received information about,” Captain Restelle said. “And nothing that we can move forward with or substantiate has been developed out of any of that.”

[...]

Matt Alvarado told Dateline that as soon as he heard about his brother’s disappearance, he rounded up a few of his cousins in Indianapolis and headed down to East Texas to help search for Eric. Matt said they arrived in the early morning hours of November 21, 2018. The first thing Matt said he wanted to see was his brother’s phone. According to Matt, Samantha told him that she had tried to unlock Eric’s phone too many times, which caused it to reset itself. Captain Restelle told Dateline that while he wasn’t involved in the case at the time, he believes that the Texas Rangers received Eric’s cell phone. Eric’s family said they haven’t heard if any data was recovered.

Matt said he and his cousins went to the area where the Jeep had been found to search for evidence on their own a couple of days later and found Eric’s two pit bulls dead nearby. “They looked like they’d been run over and all that,” Matt said, adding that they also “looked like they'd been shot -- cut up.” Neither Capt. Restelle nor Det. Sgt. Newkirk personally went to the scene, but Capt. Restelle said he was told by officers who no longer work at the APD that it looked as if the dogs had been run over by vehicles. When Dateline asked if any DNA has been recovered during the investigation, Det. Newkirk replied, “As far as any kind of DNA evidence that we've recovered at any point during the investigation, no.”

[...]

Detective Sergeant Newkirk told Dateline that while there haven’t been any solid leads in the case, someone in Eric’s family submitted a DNA sample through the National Center for Missing and Exploited People. “That way a familial DNA specimen would be on file or on record,” he said. “That way if DNA did come up somewhere, it could possibly lead to a familial match and the possible ability to identify Eric.”

[...]

Eric Alvarado (Lorenzo Alvarado)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24