GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so confused at this. So Tonya and Fred are still married?? I thought they were divorced?
Did the divorce not get finalized yet or did they get remarried?

According to this article they remarried. "After his parents’ divorce, the Couches’ son lived mainly with his mother in a 3,964-square-foot ranch-style house at 1719 Burleson Retta Road in Burleson, deed records show. The house, built in 1974, sits on 6 acres.

She and Fred Couch bought the property in 2000, but the deed was transferred into Tonya Couch’s name in 2007 after the divorce, according to deed records.

Sometime in 2011, they remarried, according to depositions in civil suits against them after Ethan’s 2013 drunken crash, D magazine reported."

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article52703690.html

I am so confused at this. So Tonya and Fred are still married?? I thought they were divorced?
Did the divorce not get finalized yet or did they get remarried?

I was confused too. From the article, it appears he filed for divorce in August. Guess it hasn't been finalized yet, so she still considers herself married. Doesn't want to be cut off from the gravy train...

If she is complaining about the jail here in Tarrant Co., the ones in LA & Mexico must not have been too bad. Maybe those jails made sure she was nice & comfy. Now she's facing reality & doesn't know how to handle it. Just wait until she goes to the BIG house................. if she ever does go there. I'm actually afraid that her attorney will find some kind of trick to save her.
No jail is a good place to be period. IMO.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I guess it's time I fess up...........not about me but a friend of mine who is overly fond of liquor. She is a wonderful, caring person but she drinks way too much. In Texas with DUI, it's 3 strikes out & you're off to the big house (state prison, not county). At 40+ years she managed to accumulate 3 DUIs in her lifetime & off she went so I know a little about life in prison from her. I never ask her anything about it but just let her tell me what she wants. It is brutal!! She was beat up her first day there. She made the mistake of reporting it to a guard & she was beat up once again. She says the lights are on 24/7 & the noise from other inmates goes on 24/7. There is one big shower room & inmates shower all at the same time. Same with the toilets..........no privacy whatsoever. They are awoken at 4:30 am to eat breakfast, lunch is at 11 am. Sometimes they have dinner, sometimes not, often not. Her family & friends including me kept her commissary in money so she could buy bread & peanut butter to keep from starving. It is cold in the winter, one flimsy blanket, & hot in the summer, no air conditioning or fans. She says the only way to get along is to try & make yourself invisible, be polite to everyone & make no friends with anyone. She served 3 years in prison, 2 in probation. During probation she had to check in monthly. At some point in probation she was allowed to get her driver's license back providing she got a breathalyzer attachment to her car. You must pay for that & it is quite expensive so she just waited until her probation was over to get her DL. I can tell you that she does not drink & drive anymore. There is no way she wants to experience prison life ever again! I have also changed my ways. Once upon a time for many years I would go out for dinner, have a couple of drinks, & drive home. No more! I don't even want to temp fate because I don't know how much alcohol it would take to qualify me for a DUI & I sure don't want to find out the hard way. But for the grace of God, it could have been me in prison. Drinking & driving isn't worth that risk.

My prediction is at the Monday hearing bail will be significantly reduced, under $50,000, and an anonymous person will bail her out. More than likely Fred will supply the money, but his name won't be connected to it. I just don't think Fred wants his name connected with hers. JMO.

Is it just me or does TC look absolutely ticked off in her arraignment video? Her body language, the way she answers and some of the wording... it appears to me she's quite angry about being there with the peasants.

I guess it's time I fess up...........not about me but a friend of mine who is overly fond of liquor. She is a wonderful, caring person but she drinks way too much. In Texas with DUI, it's 3 strikes out & you're off to the big house (state prison, not county). At 40+ years she managed to accumulate 3 DUIs in her lifetime & off she went so I know a little about life in prison from her. I never ask her anything about it but just let her tell me what she wants. It is brutal!! She was beat up her first day there. She made the mistake of reporting it to a guard & she was beat up once again. She says the lights are on 24/7 & the noise from other inmates goes on 24/7. There is one big shower room & inmates shower all at the same time. Same with the toilets..........no privacy whatsoever. They are awoken at 4:30 am to eat breakfast, lunch is at 11 am. Sometimes they have dinner, sometimes not, often not. Her family & friends including me kept her commissary in money so she could buy bread & peanut butter to keep from starving. It is cold in the winter, one flimsy blanket, & hot in the summer, no air conditioning or fans. She says the only way to get along is to try & make yourself invisible, be polite to everyone & make no friends with anyone. She served 3 years in prison, 2 in probation. During probation she had to check in monthly. At some point in probation she was allowed to get her driver's license back providing she got a breathalyzer attachment to her car. You must pay for that & it is quite expensive so she just waited until her probation was over to get her DL. I can tell you that she does not drink & drive anymore. There is no way she wants to experience prison life ever again! I have also changed my ways. Once upon a time for many years I would go out for dinner, have a couple of drinks, & drive home. No more! I don't even want to temp fate because I don't know how much alcohol it would take to qualify me for a DUI & I sure don't want to find out the hard way. But for the grace of God, it could have been me in prison. Drinking & driving isn't worth that risk.
Thank YOU for this post. So scary.

Thank YOU for this post. So scary.

Yes it is & I think both Tonya & Ethan need to experience prison life. They richly deserve it. My friend, although she had DUI's never had a wreck or never killed anyone, much less 4 people.

Is it just me or does TC look absolutely ticked off in her arraignment video? Her body language, the way she answers and some of the wording... it appears to me she's quite angry about being there with the peasants.

I didn't notice that, but perhaps I'm just not very observant.

My prediction is at the Monday hearing bail will be significantly reduced, under $50,000, and an anonymous person will bail her out. More than likely Fred will supply the money, but his name won't be connected to it. I just don't think Fred wants his name connected with hers. JMO.

She needs a permanent address..where?

I didn't notice that, but perhaps I'm just not very observant.

She was strained polite to the Judge, a few comments I heard were a little, little snippy...that is how I see it, so dont jump on me for how I saw things, JMO. I think she was upset her lawyer was not there, I would be too. She thought she was out of there today and now has to spend the week end in jail. Infact IMO neither of them thought they would be in jail for more then a night.

You can estimate using your weight how much drinks it would take. If you don't weight a lot it wouldn't take a lot, but the more you weight, the more alcohol it takes to get over the legal limit.

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/drink-table.php

She was strained polite to the Judge, a few comments I heard were a little, little snippy...that is how I see it, so dont jump on me for how I saw things, JMO. I think she was upset her lawyer was not there, I would be too. She thought she was out of there today and now has to spend the week end in jail. Infact IMO neither of them thought they would be in jail for more then a night.
I'm so glad she's in jail.

Oh, I'm not jumping on you!! You were just probably paying more attention than I. I am not a terribly observant person. I can drive down the same road every day & then after months, I happen to notice a new building that has gone up & I have no idea how or when it appeared. Like I say, I'm just not very observant. BTW, I would have been upset too if my lawyer were not there.

Thanks for the info but after my friend's experience, I'm leaving nothing to chance. Zero booze for me when I'm driving.

I cringe to think of the times in my late teens and early 20s I drove home with one eye shut so there would only be one yellow line to negotiate.

That I did not hurt or kill myself or other people is a miracle. I never particularly judged EC for making the drunken decision, at 16, to recklessly drive his vehicle. I can think of way too many people besides myself that might have had the same horrific end to a really, really bad choice.

That said, if my terrible judgement had resulted in the loss of four innocent lives and destruction of many more, I can promise you my parents would have brokenheartedly but assuredly made sure I served out whatever sentence I was given.

Thing is, kids (and young adults) think they are invincible. They have 70+ years stretched out before them to rectify any damage done to their bodies, brains or others....or so they think. The frontal cortex of the brain (which accounts for decision making and impulse control) is not fully developed until about the age of 25. This is why children have parents.

My disgust with EC really is misdirected. When a child behaves like a total $hit and is rewarded for that, is defended and coddled whenever he does wrong,and is never held accountable, the fault is laid at the feet of his parents.....

Again, I did some stupid, dumbazz things that by God's grace, never ended badly. But I can promise you, if they had, my parents' disappointment would have been right up there with whatever the judge decided.

Ethan Couch is an entitled, apathetic little . And I don't have much hope that he will ever be anything other. He is what he is, no excuses. But people like him do not occur in a vacuum.

There are no perfect parents and even the best parents have kids who test and try and push limits. The problem is when there are no limits. Then the child never stops pushing or testing....

It is a sincere shame that these two awful parents will probably never suffer the consequences of their failure. And so far, it looks like Ethan will emerge unscathed, too. No consequences, no lessons learned.

The parents are already suffering at least some consequences of their bad parenting. They had to pay a bunch of money in lawsuits. Now mother Couch is charged with helping baby Couch to escape and is right now in jail.

The parents are already suffering at least some consequences of their bad parenting. They had to pay a bunch of money in lawsuits. Now mother Couch is charged with helping baby Couch to escape and is right now in jail.

And yet they keep on keepin on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member