TX TX- Eula “Kay” Miller, 26, go-go dancer @ Tempo Club, found nude @ home on bare mattress, stabbed in head & chest, Odessa, 16/7/70, *New initiative*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
1723146059085.png
August 8, 2024
'ODESSA, Texas — The Odessa Police Department’s Cold Case Detective recently spoke with the international hit podcast “The Deck " to discuss a cold case that has been unsolved for 54 years.
The case involves Eula “Kay” Miller, 26, who was found stabbed to death in her Odessa apartment on July 16, 1970. OPD is urging the public to listen and share it to help generate tips needed to solve the case.'

''The women were checking on Miss Miller after she had not been seen for a few days. Mrs. Miller, who worked under the name Kay Miller, suffered two stab wounds in her head and four in her chest. She was found dead in bed. The body was nude and there were no covers or sheets on the bed.

Police. theorized that she was murdered sometime Sunday night in her bedroom. bhe was last seen alive Sun day afternoon by a neighbor who reported that Mrs. Miller was hanging clothes outside her apartment. She was employed as a go-go dancer at the Tempo Club, 528 Dobbs, and had worked there on Saturday night.''

View attachment 523273
August 8, 2024
'ODESSA, Texas — The Odessa Police Department’s Cold Case Detective recently spoke with the international hit podcast “The Deck " to discuss a cold case that has been unsolved for 54 years.
The case involves Eula “Kay” Miller, 26, who was found stabbed to death in her Odessa apartment on July 16, 1970. OPD is urging the public to listen and share it to help generate tips needed to solve the case.'

''The women were checking on Miss Miller after she had not been seen for a few days. Mrs. Miller, who worked under the name Kay Miller, suffered two stab wounds in her head and four in her chest. She was found dead in bed. The body was nude and there were no covers or sheets on the bed.

Police. theorized that she was murdered sometime Sunday night in her bedroom. bhe was last seen alive Sun day afternoon by a neighbor who reported that Mrs. Miller was hanging clothes outside her apartment. She was employed as a go-go dancer at the Tempo Club, 528 Dobbs, and had worked there on Saturday night.''
So was it Miss or Mrs.? As for the bare mattress, I wonder whether she had stripped the bedding to launder it, as she was seen hanging out clothes. It seems odd the killer would take the bedding, and leave the body. jmo

Mrs.
Read one of the newspaper articles...Rogers was her maiden name.
Sorry, I was going off  dotr's first post and hadn't read the articles. Thanks for the correction.
Ok, folks. The news article lists both Miss and Mrs. Typo, maybe? Also, the assistant apartment manager thought the victim was sleeping in the nude, (and thought it strange), but no reference to the bare mattress.
I noticed there was no mention in the article of a husband or boyfriend being notified or interviewed.

Last edited:
Oh, I wasn't correcting you. Just answering your question.

Jumping off your post, she was married, and I looked at her obit, she had 4 children. Yet she was meeting men and working as a Go-Go dancer. I wonder if her husband was cleared? A jealous husband is always a good motive.

Oh, I wasn't correcting you. Just answering your question.

Jumping off your post, she was married, and I looked at her obit, she had 4 children. Yet she was meeting men and working as a Go-Go dancer. I wonder if her husband was cleared? A jealous husband is always a good motive.
Thanks, and please disregard my last post. Our posts crossed, lol!

Jumping off your post, she was married, and I looked at her obit, she had 4 children.
RSBM
Would never have guessed that.
Yet she was meeting men and working as a Go-Go dancer. I wonder if her husband was cleared? A jealous husband is always a good motive.
Excellent point. Was she maintaining a separate residence, and did the husband know about it?

Her death certificate listed her as still married. So not divorced. No mention of her husband in the podcast.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katyb
Back