Found Deceased TX - Evan Lacey, 19, Arlington, 17 Dec 2019 *car found*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lacey had started a temporary job recently working for a recycling company in Grand Prairie but it turns out he wasn't on the schedule the day he vanished.

Last Saturday, his 2006 blue Dodge Magnum was found abandoned near highway 287 and Miller Avenue in Fort Worth. Fort Worth Police are now assisting Arlington Police in the investigation and say there's reason to believe he's in danger.

His family said he had talked recently about selling his car and fear he could have met up with a stranger he found online.

Family of Missing Arlington Man Continuing Search Efforts This Weekend

His family has contacted TXEQ so I suppose they may be helping with the search from now on. His family is also conducted a search tomorrow in Arlington, for some reason they think he may be in that area and not in Fort Worth where his car was found.

From the article:
“Evan’s aunt drove up from Houston last week.

‘I’ll be here ‘til we find him,’ she said.

She’s determined to find something that leads her to her only nephew.

Friday afternoon, she gathered a few friends and family to search the banks of Lake Arlington at Eugene McCray Park. It’s nearly four miles away from the Fort Worth neighborhood where Evan’s car was found on Saturday.

[SBM]

[His aunt] said the family has information from investigators and various sources that leads them to look for Evan near Ousley Junior High School in Arlington.

It’s just a mile away from the family’s home.

She’s now organizing a larger search party on Sunday afternoon to start just outside of the school.

‘We’re hoping that some kind of lead will come up from that search,’ Tailar said.

[SBM]

Arlington police said Evan’s phone is off, and there have been no sightings or signs of him.

Investigators are continuing to look into every possible lead.” (BBM)

From an article published on Dec. 23rd and updated the following day:
“When family members first tried calling after he disappeared, his cell phone rang unanswered, they said. But after Thursday, it went straight to voice mail.”
Family of Missing Arlington Teen Begs for Answers

I am wondering if Evan’s phone was traced to be in the vicinity of the junior high school. It appears to be about a 20-minute drive from the location to where his vehicle was found abandoned in Fort Worth:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

From Arlington PD Chief:

Will Johnson on Twitter

We have sad news to report. Evan Lacey was found deceased early this morning. We have taken the lead from
@fortworthpd
who were assisting us after his car was found in their city. This is now a homicide investigation. A news release will be issued later today

He was found in the area near Webb Community Park in Southeast Arlington..the same area that he lives in. That has me doubting that he drove his car to the other area it was found in.

ETA: He was found not even 2 miles away from his house in Arlington. Now I'm seriously doubting he was the one to drive the car to Fort Worth

Last edited:
He was found in the area near Webb Community Park in Southeast Arlington..the same area that he lives in. That has me doubting that he drove his car to the other area it was found in.

ETA: He was found not even 2 miles away from his house in Arlington. Now I'm seriously doubting he was the one to drive the car to Fort Worth
This makes me wonder if something happened when he was coming or going. Did he meet up with someone (for whatever reason) and almost make it back home or did whatever happened occur just after he left.

I think his killer(s) will be from or frequent the area his car was found. When they stated where his car was found, my heart sank. It wouldn’t be a stretch for someone in Arlington to drive or know/visit folks in East Fort Worth, but still. It didn’t sit well with me.

News I didn’t want to hear.
Such a tragic ending.
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family as they go through this difficult time. I can’t even begin to imagine what they’re going through.

As someone who grew up in Arlington and lived there for over 20 years, I have a really good idea about the areas of the two cities mentioned in this case. First off, the area where Mr. Lacey lived and apparently was found in southeast Arlington is a bit on the lower income side and semi-sketchy in some parts. It’s not the ghetto by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly there are some really great people (like Mr. Lacey, by all accounts) living there. But there is some violent crime in that part of town for sure. Further west towards Fort Worth you have southwestern Arlington. That area is much more affluent and in general safer. HOWEVER... and I put this in capital letters because I speak from experience on this... there is a highway (287) which runs diagonal through southwest Arlington toward the northeast and into a very, very, very bad part of east Fort Worth. This is the area where they found Mr. Lacey’s abandoned car on December 22nd. As soon as I heard where they found that car, my heart sank for that family because I knew robbery was very likely involved.

You see, when I was in my 20’s, I was hanging out with friends at night time in what I thought to be a very safe part of southwest Arlington. When my friends and I left the house and were walking to our cars, we were immediately descended upon by armed robbers who had driven up on us so fast we didn’t even have time to react. They shoved guns in our faces, took everything we had, and quickly sped off into the night. The policeman who came out to take our report told us then it was very likely that the thieves lived in that SAME part of east Fort Worth where Mr. Lacey’s car was ultimately found. He said that they robbed people all along highway 287, even as far away from their home as Arlington (15-20 minutes) because 287 gave them a quick route back to their neighborhood. Sure enough, a few days later, a lot of our empty wallets and purses were found in a ditch in that same east Fort Worth neighborhood.

Since that day, I’ve seen too many stories in the local news to count about armed robberies and driveway murders that have occurred in that same exact area. It is one of the absolute worst areas in the entire Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. A great young man like Evan Lacey would never go to that area, especially by himself.

My best guess about this case, based on the facts that: a) he was reportedly trying to sell his car, b) he lied to his family about going to work that day, c) there was a significant amount of blood found in his car, and d) his body was found close to home but his car was found 30 minutes away in a horrible area, is that the murderer or murderers contacted him either online or through another 3rd party under the pretense of wanting to buy his car. He probably had some misgivings about the situation or something concerned him enough that he lied to his parents about where he was going so as not to worry them. He probably thought there was some risk but that the sale would likely be ok in the end. I feel like he met up with his killer(s) somewhere not too far from where he lived and somewhere he was familiar with. That is where the murder took place. The killer(s) got into his car, pretending to want to check it out or maybe go for a ride. There they pulled a weapon or weapons, perhaps a struggle ensued, and they killed him. There’s even the possibility that it was originally not meant to be a murder but instead a straight carjacking, but because he put up a fight for his beloved car (which the reports did say he loved), they had to kill him. Then they dumped his body in the closest secluded area they could find and, unbelievably, drove the car back to their part of town where they eventually abandoned it.

This poor kid had such a great life ahead of him and by all accounts a wonderful family who so obviously loved him. I hope the culprits get caught soon and punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I think his killer(s) will be from or frequent the area his car was found. When they stated where his car was found, my heart sank. It wouldn’t be a stretch for someone in Arlington to drive or know/visit folks in East Fort Worth, but still. It didn’t sit well with me.
I just saw your post after posting mine below. I said the exact same thing! As soon as I heard where his car was found, I knew this wouldn’t end well. So, so sad.

Right now, detectives are waiting on records from Lacey's phone to come back so they can see who he was talking to before he disappeared.

Family members think that Lacey might have been gunned down by someone he was trying to sell his car to and that the teen had talked about getting rid of his wheels lately.

'If you know who did this speak up,' says sister of missing 19-year-old found shot to death Friday
The thing that stumps me about the selling the car thing is ..... why lie about it and say your going to work?? If you go to sale your car how are you going to get back home or wherever your gonna go next..? He would end up having to tell them when he showed up with no car..... I feel he was going to do something other then sale his car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog
Back