TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that Guyger may have left the state/country without permission.

Lori Brown
@LoriBrownFox4
The State has petitioned Royal Caribbean to provide records “pertaining to cruises taken by Amber Guyger between 9/23/18-3/4/19”. She is charged with murder after shooting Botham Jean in his apartment September 6. She has said she thought it was her apartment.
1:43 PM • 3/18/19
Lori Brown on Twitter
You gotta be kidding me! She is facing serious charges, I'm surprised she wasn't required to surrender her passport.

It appears that Guyger may have left the state/country without permission.

Lori Brown
@LoriBrownFox4
The State has petitioned Royal Caribbean to provide records “pertaining to cruises taken by Amber Guyger between 9/23/18-3/4/19”. She is charged with murder after shooting Botham Jean in his apartment September 6. She has said she thought it was her apartment.
1:43 PM • 3/18/19
Lori Brown on Twitter

Interesting. I am sure that Guyger just thought it was a Harbor cruise.

She is a walking blonde joke.

You gotta be kidding me! She is facing serious charges, I'm surprised she wasn't required to surrender her passport.

You don't HAVE to have a passport for cruises. If you're leaving from and returning to the same, domestic US port, there are several countries you can take a cruise to without a passport.

Source: I went to the Bahamas from Miami last year and didn't have a passport.

You don't HAVE to have a passport for cruises. If you're leaving from and returning to the same, domestic US port, there are several countries you can take a cruise to without a passport.

I guess you're right. I havent been on a cruise for a while and anytime I travel I have to have my passport. I forget there are sometimes different rules that apply for cruise ship passengers.

She is treating this like a joke. As if Botham's life dont matter.
Shes acting like there is a horrible precedent of police officers murdering unarmed people with no justification and getting off scott free.

She is treating this like a joke. As if Botham's life dont matter.
Shes acting like there is a horrible precedent of police officers murdering unarmed people with no justification and getting off scott free.
It is typical for bond conditions to limit travel out of the county or state without permission. Here, its usually the county. Now,you can get permission by applying to the court and providing a reason. But just blowing off the bond condition and going on a cruise probably wont sit too well with the Judge. The prosecutor got tipped off somehow and is pursuing it. Would it surprise me if she went? No. I see defendants do incredibly stupid things all the time.

Don't defendants need the Court's permission to travel out of the country? What would the consequences be if it is required and not followed?
The Judge could do a lot of things: 1.) just admonish her and reinstate the bond conditions, 2.) revoke bond and put her in jail, 3.) reinstate bond but with a higher bail, or 4.) reinstate bond but with a gps monitor bracelet.

“Motion To Secure Attendance of Out-Of-State Witness” records request to Royal Caribbean.

Attachments

• 8021637B-20E3-44B7-97E8-0706663F635C.jpeg
    8021637B-20E3-44B7-97E8-0706663F635C.jpeg
    129.2 KB · Views: 17
  • EA820511-C943-4A9E-90E7-6C46FEABBFB1.jpeg
    EA820511-C943-4A9E-90E7-6C46FEABBFB1.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 14
“Motion To Secure Attendance of Out-Of-State Witness” records request to Royal Caribbean.
Interesting. That the DA is going through that much effort would seem to indicate that they have pretty good evidence that she did go on a cruise and they want to try to revoke bond. I wouldn't be surprised if she or someone she was traveling with posted photos to FB or IG.

Interesting. That the DA is going through that much effort would seem to indicate that they have pretty good evidence that she did go on a cruise and they want to try to revoke bond. I wouldn't be surprised if she or someone she was traveling with posted photos to FB or IG.
I hope they do revoke it for plain stupidity!

It is typical for bond conditions to limit travel out of the county or state without permission. Here, its usually the county. Now,you can get permission by applying to the court and providing a reason. But just blowing off the bond condition and going on a cruise probably wont sit too well with the Judge. The prosecutor got tipped off somehow and is pursuing it. Would it surprise me if she went? No. I see defendants do incredibly stupid things all the time.

IMO, it reaffirms she is not taking the fact she murdered a man in cold blood seriously

By the wording in the document, “cruises”, it sounds like she went on more than one?

The Judge could do a lot of things: 1.) just admonish her and reinstate the bond conditions, 2.) revoke bond and put her in jail, 3.) reinstate bond but with a higher bail, or 4.) reinstate bond but with a gps monitor bracelet.
I think her arrogance should have serious consequences: revoke bond and put her in jail.

Very true. Taking a cruise may well not constitute leaving the country in the federal legal sense.

Even still, "Cruis'in the Carribean with awesome Margaritas"- even if in technical compliance with the bond, is not an impression that I would like to give prior to this trial.

Cruis'in by car to a very state side religous shrine or retreat for reflection?- yes.

Last edited:
BBM

~snip
The state also subpoenaed the cruise ship company Royal Caribbean to submit records "pertaining to all cruises taken by Guyger" between Sept. 23, 2018, and March 4, 2019; beginning two weeks after Jean's death.

Prosecutors stated the information "is considered material to the state."

If Guyger did go on a cruise, timing would be important.

Beginning in November 2018, the judge stated Guyger was to surrender her passport to her attorney and was not to travel outside Texas without the court's approval.

It is unknown at this point if that will be an issue. f not, Harris warns against the court of public opinion.

"Some people might say, 'Oh, she's not showing any remorse. Oh, she's not doing this or not doing.' However, she is citizen accused. There's still what they call a presumption of innocence," he said. "The fact that someone would need to get away to try and regather yourself, to prepare yourself for this type of legal battle I don't think, you can spin it however you want to, but there's nothing unusual about that.”

Former DPD Officer Amber Guyger Appears in Court, Trial Date Set

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads