GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any live feeds available? Should be starting in about 10 minutes but Law&Crime is showing yesterday's testimony.

ETA: Never mind, looks like they've gone live.

I am watching Court TV this morning and Vinnie Politan asks this question: Should Amber Guyger be treated like a police officer or just a regular citizen in this murder case? Frankly, I am aghast at the question: There is no way this case could treat Amber as a regular citizen. In fact, if she had been a "regular citizen" this would not have drawn
national attention as it has. It has drawn this attention because she is a police officer -which totally changes the dynamic of the situation. I don't understand Vinnie Politan
even suggesting that Amber should be considered a "regular citizen"- I won't go into all the reasons why that is the case: we already know that.

Did she go on about her "terrible" childhood? I didn't hear her entire testimony. I loathe people who blame their circumstances on a bad childhood.

If she really felt so much guilt and remorse, why did she defy the judge's orders regarding staying in Texas, and went on a cruise? And why didn't she take a plea deal? Because she still doesn't think that she did anything wrong.

That is the problem.
No, no, she didn't at all. As with most witnesses, they asked about her background - where did you grow up, who did you live with, etc. She simply said she lived with her mom, and that her mom struggled. So I am taking some major leaps here. I don't want to give you the impression she blamed this incident on her childhood.

Here's her talking about it around 1:15.

Did she go on about her "terrible" childhood? I didn't hear her entire testimony. I loathe people who blame their circumstances on a bad childhood.

If she really felt so much guilt and remorse, why did she defy the judge's orders regarding staying in Texas, and went on a cruise? And why didn't she take a plea deal? Because she still doesn't think that she did anything wrong.

That is the problem.

I don't recall going on about childhood, but there has been so much testimony. I think that's the sort of thing brought out more in sentencing.

When you are in the hallway, do these apartment doors push open into the apartment or do you pull to enter the apt?

They open into the apartment. This isn't the same floor plan but is the same complex.

Floor Plans of South Side Flats in Dallas, TX

TX_Dallas_SouthSideFlats_p0663947_L1_2_FloorPlan.png

Agree. It’s dangerous that he has trained other LE!
State just caught him in a lead investigator lie! Who cares what you old school used to do????? This guy is a waste of time!

MOO
The prosecution will eat him alive.

ETA: Craig Miller's voice reminds me of Jim Hightower, which is kind of funny given the context.

Oh now I see where this is going.
Unintentional blindness.

Witness Craig is saying the officer shoots so fast, officer brain cannot catch up & thus shoots person in the back. As the person turns around before officer brain acknowledges that...
Then defense lawyer says - could this also happen and a person go from standing to crouching position ? Implying the officer ( brain) has not caught up & shoots crouching person. But the person was standing when officers brain decided to fire.

Eye roll..
Reaching. Defense is desperate IMO
Justice for Bo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads