GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

... We all live somewhere—our castle, be it large or small. The idea that someone could walk into our home, as we innocently relax in the evening, and shoot us down ruthlessly, and claim that they were justified in it, is horrifying beyond belief.

Last edited by a moderator:
its Sad that she will probably be a sacrificial lamb for ALL bad cops but on the other hand its much sadder that such a great guy was murdered.
I hope it opens the eyes of those who do the hiring of cops who have no business being cops. The fact that AG failed a poly and yet a large police dept hired her blows my mind.

JMO

Anyone else surprised that the pros did not bring up lack of resuscitation efforts?

Totally! If they were trying to maximize her sentence I believe the time would have been better spent on that rather than her social media.

No pitchforks. We see a wide range. So your opinion is a fair one.

I just wonder if you would feel the same if it was Bo jean who mistook her apartment and executed her instead of calling 911 and waiting for police?
Well, of course. A mistake was done. I do not care if it was female, male , white,black, cop or civilian.

What happens if a hung jury during sentencing phase? Does decision have to be unanimous??

It’s a moot point now, but I believe that if they could not agree, there would be a mistrial of the sentencing phase, and there would be another trial, new jury, purely for sentencing, with the jury told that they are to accept the original verdict of guilty, and then decide on a sentence.

MOO, and laws vary in different states.

Now that's a quick verdict! I'll say it's unlikely the jury will exceed what the family and prosecution asked for. I'm guessing 20-25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member