GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I have zero sympathy for AG, I feel bad and have empathy for her Mother. I also feel bad for her friends trying to stand up for. It must be awfully stressful and nerve wracking for them.

However...
One witness, her friend since ninth grade Ms. Chavez was asked how did this change Amber ? And she said “ a light went out in her”. That statement chilled me to the bone.

All I could think of is who really had their light taken away.
JMO that was such a bad choice of words.

Rest In Peace Botham Jean.

I was surprised that Ms. Guyger's mother and sister did not mention that they were sorry for the loss of Mr. Jean to the court and his family. I felt the friend who said that Amber was sorry was actually on point. Ms. Guyger is not a monster. I tend to believe that she is an average person who never had horrible intentions. I don't see her parading around spouting awful things out loud about others. However, she did say and think awful things about the people she served and served with. The idea that she and her peers had the hubris to write these things in a private chat is beyond disgusting to me.

I thought the only persons who were important to hear from was the woman who had been impacted by Ms. Guyger and her mother. Each of these witnesses gave a sense of the "best" Amber that was inside this body. Unfortunately, Ms. Guyger didn't bring that person to the forefront everyday.

I believe it is unfair to compare these two people. Mr. Jean was a stellar person with an impact that most would pale to in comparison.

I'm not comparing the victim to AG. I am comparing the sincerity and impact of the testimony. A very average life (most of us lead one) can still elicit impact, because she was still part of people's worlds. No matter what she did, there were people in her world. I just don't feel the defense did right by their client.

I'm not comparing the victim to AG. I am comparing the sincerity and impact of the testimony. A very average life (most of us lead one) can still elicit impact, because she was still part of people's worlds. No matter what she did, there were people in her world. I just don't feel the defense did right by their client.

I understand that.

Very true. I wouldn't expect her to be as good as him. I think he was truly a rare human. (Which makes this so much more awful.) I didn't expect them to even come close. But they didn't even make her seem very good. I guess they were really working with that little.
Too Rare and Good hearted for this horrible, selfish world.

I don’t think it’s necessarily the defense atty’s fault. I think they have to stick to the narrative that she was justified so probably didn’t want to elicit any testimony that could even be misinterpreted as an admission of culpability. They’re taking a hard, arrogant line imo.

As for AG, I think she’s just a basic you know what. Nothing interesting or remarkable about her - just like what you’d expect from someone who would do something like this. What I’ve learned from the defense testimony is that she was superficial, has superficial friends, and only cared about herself. We know she was obsessed with Rivera. I genuinely don’t believe there’s anything more to her. Her lack of remorse right after the shooting tells us all we need to know about her character. She’s a shell of a person. Selfish. No depth of feeling. We all know many ppl like this.

IMO I am very disheartened reading so many hurtful and demeaning comments towards AG. I believe wholeheartedly that she was wrong and that she deserves to serve jail time for taking the life of an innocent man. However I also do not believe she had malicious intent. She made a series of bad choices that led to a tragic outcome. This was not a women that murdered someone she was angry with or hurt at. Change one circumstance and this would not have happened. I get that she did not act in a way many of us believe we would have. Different people handle situations different. Does that mean they are an awful person? Botham was an amazing person from all accounts. I believe that he would not wish such hate upon AG. What good comes out of wishing she felt as alone or scared as he did? Her life is forever changed based on her actions. Bad choices that she made. As i said earlier i do believe she needs to be punished for her actions. I just do not understand the hate towards her. If this was Chris Watts or another person that took a life with malicious intent i would understand. In my opinion that is not AG.

IMO I am very disheartened reading so many hurtful and demeaning comments towards AG. I believe wholeheartedly that she was wrong and that she deserves to serve jail time for taking the life of an innocent man. However I also do not believe she had malicious intent. She made a series of bad choices that led to a tragic outcome. This was not a women that murdered someone she was angry with or hurt at. Change one circumstance and this would not have happened. I get that she did not act in a way many of us believe we would have. Different people handle situations different. Does that mean they are an awful person? Botham was an amazing person from all accounts. I believe that he would not wish such hate upon AG. What good comes out of wishing she felt as alone or scared as he did? Her life is forever changed based on her actions. Bad choices that she made. As i said earlier i do believe she needs to be punished for her actions. I just do not understand the hate towards her. If this was Chris Watts or another person that took a life with malicious intent i would understand. In my opinion that is not AG.

The only thing I want is justice for the victim. I believe that she should understand how he felt in that moment. EMPATHY and understanding prevent future tragedies. She needs to know how alone he felt. She will be out some day, I assume. She needs to know exactly how her actions made him and others feel. Otherwise, I don't feel great that she won't make more tragic mistakes. The public deserves to feel safe.

The problem with AG is that she continued to blame shift and she took advantage of her position to paint herself as a victim. She received preferential treatment.

I’m certain people would be more compassionate towards her if she had shown immediate remorse and compassion for the real victims here: Botham Jean, his family, and society: especially those of color. If she had tried to render aid would have gone a long way

The shooting may not have been malicious but the treatment of him following was.

Edit: thoughts/clarity

In the interest of fairness, I will say that many of us would probably pale in comparison to Botham in terms of selflessness, faith, leadership qualities, and just genuine goodness. I think his qualities are rare and hard to measure up to. I guess that’s why defense is pounding the fact that she always wanted to be a cop. However, not everyone considers cops as being beacons of selfless service to the community. And no matter where you stand on that, being a cop comes with tremendous power and responsibility. Her testimony demonstrates that she wanted all the power and none of the responsibility.

BBM. If that is the goal, it may backfire badly with the jury. I don't believe Bo's character is all that rare. He clearly was raised in a loving environment rather than dysfunction and grew into an adult with empathy for others. His legacy will live on through the foundation his parents have established. For cops to being beacons of selfless service does require the capability of empathy. The officer who shot Justine Damond rendered aid to her immediately and had a flood of supporters come forward talking out his selfless service to his Somali community in Minneapolis. He got 12.5 years.

For AG to not render immediate aid to the innocent man she just shot says all I need to know about her capability of empathy. Her having a sexual relationship with her married partner is all I need in order to judge her character and integrity. Her sentence must send a message to all the other cops who became cops for the wrong reason.

JMO

Had she just paused at that door step. Had she just thought for one second. All of these people whose lives have been destroyed would not be suffering right now. Botham would still be alive. The last witness for the defense (forget her name) I am pinning my hopes on that story - I hope that years down the road after AG does her time, that she can do something good to try in some small way to make amends for her total f* up in those few seconds. I think she was one screwed up chick, never should have been a police officer. And here we are.

I better attend church, start singing, or help elderly people. Would you guys show up for me if I was being sentenced?

No, it is just that Botham Jean was extraordinary. AG doesn't come off that well. I really think that there should be some medical, or educational records relating to ADHD for AG. That would be a mitigating factor.

IMO There is no way of knowing for sure just what her intent(motive) was besides her intention to murder whoever was in that apartment. Not a bad choice, but an intention to kill.

I've been wanting to ask this question for awhile. Who are the two young ladies sitting between the witness stand and the judge?

I don't believe Bo's character is all that rare.

Snipped by me. Yes, you're right. I guess I was thinking more in terms of his service to others and his leadership qualities. But maybe it says more about who I'm surrounded with that I find those qualities rare. :( I was really moved by all the things he did for others.

Hello,

From what little coverage I have seen on WFAA tv Dallas, AG is not shown much - mostly from the back.

:rolleyes: I guess AG is "off limits."

That’s just wrong. I want to see her reaction. Have no clue why.....I probably need professional help! I truly felt, until yesterday & this morning, that she had been charged wrongly. Emotional roller coaster for sure. lol

Who are the mouthy people in the courtroom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67