GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially thought 10-15 years would be appropriate, but after the texts and SM posts I was like NO, no less than 25 years will do. So, this is much less than I expected. The statements from his family and friends were soooo touching.

The jury certainly was generous toward Amber. I really hope she thinks about what she did every day of her life--needlessly taking such a precious life.

WOW! All the sudden a lot of loud shouting. A lot of people aren't satisfied with the sentence. I think Judge Kemp had a lot of difficult decisions to make and did a commendable job, though. JMO

I initially thought 10-15 years would be appropriate, but after the texts and SM posts I was like NO, no less than 25 years will do. So, this is much less than I expected. The statements from his family and friends were soooo touching.

The jury certainly was generous toward Amber. I really hope she thinks about what she did every day of her life--needlessly taking such a precious life.

WOW! All the sudden a lot of loud shouting. A lot of people aren't satisfied with the sentence. I think Judge Kemp had a lot of difficult decisions to make and did a commendable job, though. JMO

She won't get an ounce of criticism from me. She was amazing and honorable. I think she is a wonderful judge.

Well listen at the end of the day this was a diverse jury. This was a jury from Dallas county where Botham lived. And they chose 10 years! If they can live with it then I guess that's going to have to do. So I'm going to accept that and move on. Defense was right to want the jury to choose the sentence. Good call!

As pleasantly surprised I was that the jury was able to convict her of murder, I’m just as disappointed that she only got 10 years.

I was hoping for more like 20, as that would serve as a buffer for any time subtracted from her sentence.

She’s in the prime of her life, and she should lose all of it.

Her victim didn’t get to enjoy his.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> If I had been on a jury I would have convicted of murder due to her statement of intent to kill but I still feel this was more of a manslaughter case. 10 years is all I would have wanted. Convicted child molesters get less time! <modsnip: Racial discussion is NOT allowed at Websleuths.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member