TX - Former NFL Antonio Armstrong & wife Dawn, both 42, fatally shot, Houston, *son charged* 29 Jul 2016 *Mistrials, 3rd trial in 2023 Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

5/27/24

Rick DeToto, Armstrong Jr’s defense attorney, told us, “We argued and effectively showed that the blood specs could have been the result of cross-contamination. The suspension of this analyst involved in AJ’s case goes directly to that argument. If the defense knew this information in a timely manner, we likely would have changed our trial strategy, including calling this analyst in AJ’s defense to further prove the unreliability of the blood evidence.”

“I blame the forensic center and the Harris County District Attorney’s Office for failing to get this released in a more timely way,” McCann adds.

I wonder what kind of anger or rage he has inside of him. Surely he cant be in his right mind to have done this to his own parents. I'm curious to see when more evidence comes out, if it even will with him being a minor. We never know what goes on behind closed doors. Just because it says they were good parents and the father was a pastor of some sort doesn't mean that they weren't something totally different when no one was looking..

To be clear, a defendant is entitled to waiver of court costs when filing an appeal-- just as they can request a court appointed attorney. Nonetheless, the Official Justice for AJ Armstrong fb has been successful in putting out misleading messages that AJ's appeal will be canceled if they can't pay for the transcript by such and such date ($40K). I guess they do it because they can, and it works for them. Goes without saying -- buyer beware. JMO

Through the protection of the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment, indigent criminal defendants have been provided a free trial transcript for appeal, appointed counsel at trial and on appeal, and certain expert witnesses.

AJ Armstrong assigned public defender for appeal because he's broke and can't afford to hire one. Days after Antonio "AJ" Armstrong Jr. was found guilty of killing his parents, he got a court-appointed attorney for his appeal because he can't afford to pay one. 8/18/23.

ETA: All this on the anniversary of the death of Antonio and Dawn. I just think this trickery is heartless and shameful.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back