Identified! TX - Galveston, beach near Kahala Dr, BlkMale 16-35, UP69355, Under Armor slides on forearms, May'20 - Calvin Mbwambo

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cause of death is presumed to be drowning. He was found on the beach, by the water.
Do you think he may have been migrating to the USA via the water? I think the Under Armours may have been swimming support for him.

But I still wonder, since he was Somalian or Kenyan, wouldn't he enter the USA via a different state? I find Texas an odd place to enter if your not traveling to the USA via Mexico (I presume that's the nearest country near Texas). Maybe he took a boat just outside of Texas and tried to swim there? He had to have had help to get there.

I just wonder. He has to have family. Maybe they haven't reported him missing because they think he is busy in the USA or something.

But I still wonder, since he was Somalian or Kenyan, wouldn't he enter the USA via a different state? I find Texas an odd place to enter if your not traveling to the USA via Mexico (I presume that's the nearest country near Texas). Maybe he took a boat just outside of Texas and tried to swim there? He had to have had help to get there.

honestly, i go to tijuana periodically to see my bro in law (well until tha rona) and TJ has a high haitian population. the street vendors there have even learned to make haitian food to sell because there are a lot of them. so maybe this guy was coming from mexico by way of wherever he came from originally.

Still no word on Kahala Beach John Doe. Seven months after Kahala Beach John Doe was found, the body of a black female was found on our bayside here in Galveston - I can’t find any information on whether or not she has been identified (she’s not listed in namus) but this just is super odd to me, two people within the same year. You won’t find any of this information in our local newspapers though, my city will let someone go unidentified in an effort to keep tourism booming.

Still no word on Kahala Beach John Doe. Seven months after Kahala Beach John Doe was found, the body of a black female was found on our bayside here in Galveston - I can’t find any information on whether or not she has been identified (she’s not listed in namus) but this just is super odd to me, two people within the same year. You won’t find any of this information in our local newspapers though, my city will let someone go unidentified in an effort to keep tourism booming.

The fact that two black people have ended up dead in Galveston causes me to worry something bad is going on. I know Galveston has had some pretty bad racial issues in the past and more recently, including with former police officers. The lack of coverage, the tension in the area, two black victims left in Galveston in a year. Just my opinion of course, but it just makes me think.

The fact that two black people have ended up dead in Galveston causes me to worry something bad is going on. I know Galveston has had some pretty bad racial issues in the past and more recently, including with former police officers. The lack of coverage, the tension in the area, two black victims left in Galveston in a year. Just my opinion of course, but it just makes me think.

I agree, this is troubling.

I think there may have been people with this UID when he died, but I doubt foul play was involved. I know how you feel, it’s upsetting to think this is the case :(

i think it points to possibly trying to travel into the US via water.

i think it points to possibly trying to travel into the US via water.

while I feel like the slides worn on his arms are indicative of him swimming/being in the water - I still can’t wrap my head around the idea that he was trying to enter the US via the Gulf of Mexico, I think it’s probably the least likely scenario. Just my opinion.

while I feel like the slides worn on his arms are indicative of him swimming/being in the water - I still can’t wrap my head around the idea that he was trying to enter the US via the Gulf of Mexico, I think it’s probably the least likely scenario. Just my opinion.

i dont think he swam the whole way obviously. i felt like he had the sandals on his hands so he did not lose them. i have several pairs of similar sandals and they wont keep you afloat.

i dont think he swam the whole way obviously. i felt like he had the sandals on his hands so he did not lose them. i have several pairs of similar sandals and they wont keep you afloat.

Oh I wasn’t saying he would’ve swam the entire way, he’d have had to jump off of a boat/ship and swim in - I’m just not sure how likely that is. We do have lots of ships that have to sit and wait their turn to come into the Port of Galveston, and stuff comes into the port from all over the world - but swimming from that far out I’m not sure a body would ever make it to shore. It seems more likely that he entered the water from the shore and got caught up in a rip current...and if that is the case why isn’t someone missing him? No swimmers were reported missing the weekend Kahala John Doe was discovered.

. It seems more likely that he entered the water from the shore and got caught up in a rip current...and if that is the case why isn’t someone missing him? No swimmers were reported missing the weekend Kahala John Doe was discovered.
Given the timeframe, I wouldn't consider it too farfetched that his loved ones were probably not especially motivated to go to the police and report him missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight
Back