GUILTY TX - Gerren Isgrigg, 6, disabled, left to die in Wylie park, 12 April 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG thank you Jesus! I'm so happy that we finally know who this precious child is. Gerren sweetie, may you now rest in peace and may justice be served on your behalf.

That picture doesn't look like him. On the news, they showed a picture of Gerren when he was 3. Looks different than that boy, to me.

Now I want to know exactly what happened to this baby and who the monster is that left him in the brush...my sorrow for sweet, precious Gerren has now turned to outrage and I want justice for Gerren. I pray whoever is responsible gets the death penalty, might as well just sit em on the courthouse steps in Wylie and let the good ol' boys of Wylie save the taxpayers a little money. I'm sure there are quite a few that would be happy to oblige.

Just saw it was the grandmother...this just sickens me to my very soul!

Holy crap...his grandmother. I wonder where the mother is.

My mom is SOOOOOOO close to my boys...she's like their second mom. I could never imagine her even thinking of doing such a thing. She'd sooner kill herself than one of my kids.

According to her facebook page, Mom lives in KY and is married. Her main photo is with a small child but I'm not sure if it is Gerren.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Police-Identify-Wylies-Angel-91984134.html

Wylie police said investigators have identified the boy known as "Wylie's Angel."

A landscaper found the boy's body abandoned in a park near Lake Lavon on April 15.

Wylie police said the boy was identified as 6-year-old Gerren Joseph Isgrigg. Police arrested Darlene Phillips, 63, in the child's death late Friday night.

"Circumstances that she was in control of led to his murder," Detective Venece Perepiczka said.

Investigators said Phillips was the child's primary caregiver. The child's biological parents, who are not married, live in different states outside of Texas.

I am so glad that we now know who this little guy is. I am a grandmother and just cannot understand how any grandmother could do this.

RIP, little Gerren.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/wylie.child.identified.2.1653586.html

Authorities arrested 63-year-old Darlene Phillips for killing 6-year-old Gerren Joseph Isgrigg, the child authorities spent more than a week identifying after being found dead near Lake Lavon.

They announced the arrest hours after authorities revealed the child's identity. Phillips is Isgrigg's maternal grandmother and primary caretaker. She has been charged with murder and is currently being held in the Collin County Detention Facility with a $500,000 bond.

Detective Venece Perepiczka: "This was just a very unfortunate circumstance in a situation where this little Gerren was not taken care of well, and it ended up to his murder," she said. "That's that best way that I can describe that right now."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local-beat/Police-Identify-Wylies-Angel-91984134.html

So does that mean Grandma just didn't feed Gerren? Was he starved to death! Poor sweet baby.

That picture doesn't look like him. On the news, they showed a picture of Gerren when he was 3. Looks different than that boy, to me.

I thought the opposite. I thought the recomp looked very much like Gerren. I guess we all see things in different ways.

Detective Venece Perepiczka: "This was just a very unfortunate circumstance in a situation where this little Gerren was not taken care of well, and it ended up to his murder," she said. "That's that best way that I can describe that right now."

So does that mean Grandma just didn't feed Gerren? Was he starved to death! Poor sweet baby.

Who knows.. All I just read was bio mom and dad are on other sides of the country. Grandma was not alone caring for this child as her husband is listed as a visitor on her arrest info. Hey Grandpa what happened with your caring for your grandson?

That totals 4.. 4 people responsible with and entrusted for Gerrens well being. Mom off somewhere, dad off somewhere and grandma and grandpa fail and dump this poor child under a bush.

Dang, if this is not proof that biological family is NOT always the best for a childs well being.

Counting 4 again, who passed the buck onto someone else. GRRRR

Where were the mandatory reporters?
How long did Grandma and Grandpa have custody and care of Gerren?

If I say more I will have to edit and time myself out.

GerrenJosephIsrigg6_SafeWithHeavens.jpg

Sweet child with special needs Gerrin Joseph Isrigg, age 6, has been the child the town of Wylie, Texas named "Wylies Angel." He was identified today as recognized by media reports requesting information on the unknown deceased little boy whose body was found abandoned. He now has his name back. Police are investigating and we all pray for justice. This child had a difficult life in his six years and no child deserves to be left behind as he was. Prayers for those who knew and did love him and prayers for all the childless families who would have taken him into their homes and loved him as their own.

Rest in peace, sweet one. You are now whole, healthy and free from the pains and hardships you've endured in your short six years. Run with the children in heaven, play with the angels and rest in the arms of the Lord!

I thought the opposite. I thought the recomp looked very much like Gerren. I guess we all see things in different ways.

Cubby, we're talking about different pictures. :) Upthread, someone posted a link to a myspace or facebook with a picture of a woman and child speculating that it could be Gerren and his mother. Thats what I meant when I said it didn't look like him. Links to that page have since been removed because it wasn't him.

But regarding the recomp, I think you are right. I was amazed at how much it looked like him!

It's nice to know your name angel....I hope you did not suffer too much in your short time here and I hope that justice is served for you... :(

According to her facebook page, Mom lives in KY and is married. Her main photo is with a small child but I'm not sure if it is Gerren.

The little boy is from her current marriage. Her Twittercross-posts (from My Space) mention picking him up from school and taking care if him during an illness. Most of her posts talk abt her missing her husband while he is at work. Almost reads like she was checking in or trying to convince him.

-CinnabarSweets

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje
Back