TX - Girl who falsely stated three black men raped her gets no prison time, Feb 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think so. Fake crimes are damaging in so many ways.
Didn't say they weren't damaging. I don't think this was well thought out by the 18 year old & I'm okay with the fine, probation & community service.

If she ever does get raped or sexually harassed nobody will believe her.

Yeah, she will need some dna proof, next time.
I do wonder if she’s “safe”, with her ID known, etc., does she need to relocate, perhaps?
This is always going to be a problem for her, imo. What if she works with non Caucasians? Or lives in apartment complex with multi-races?

If she is going to get a job someday, how will that affect her employment? I would not want her working in a professional capacity. I think all professional jobs have to interact with cultures. I would think having her on a team would impact business. It would be a real negative.

Oh no. Really she got no sentence. Someone could have ended up behind bars for a long, long time, over her false claims. Moo
She did get sentenced. Class B misdemeanor.

If she is going to get a job someday, how will that affect her employment? I would not want her working in a professional capacity. I think all professional jobs have to interact with cultures. I would think having her on a team would impact business. It would be a real negative.

Ita! Once hired, let one person “google” her & the cat is out of the bag.
Her former boyfriend is lucky he got away from her, imo.

Will she have to report that on job applications, college applications, financial aid applications?
Usually, I believe, your not asked about misdemeanors. Anyway, if she successfully completes her probation, her record will be expunged.

Well, I don’t think society should have to deal with this person. However, we do.
Send her to a predominantly black community to serve community service/volunteer & attempt to stone her sins.
She lied to explain her torn jeans to her mom.
Here’s the back story~

Denison PD: Teen staged kidnapping, caused her own injuries

(Eta, bet her ex boyfriend is glad to be rid of her)

From your article.

Talbott is charged with filing a false report, a Class B misdemeanor. The police department will also seek restitution for the significant costs incurred.

———

The article also talked about how people remember the crime but they may not know how it ended.

These kinds of urban legends grow and people remember the lie and repeat it. It feeds into an ugly idea in America .

From your article.

Talbott is charged with filing a false report, a Class B misdemeanor. The police department will also seek restitution for the significant costs incurred.

———

The article also talked about how people remember the crime but they may not know how it ended.

These kinds of urban legends grow and people remember the lie and repeat it. It feeds into an ugly idea in America .

I said in a prior post that fake crimes are damaging. I should have said dangerous. This case could have gone wrong in so many ways. Someone could have gotten killed or sent to prison. What if someone in the community decided to take the law in their own hands?

I said in a prior post that fake crimes are damaging. I should have said dangerous. This case could have gone wrong in so many ways. Someone could have gotten killed or sent to prison. What if someone in the community decided to take the law in their own hands?
She didn't identify anyone.

I think this fake narrative is perhaps the scariest of all because black men over the years have been killed for this very fake crime.

Do you remember Charles Stuart who killed his wife and then shot himself to pretend that she was attacked by a balck man ( he lived but had a miscalculation when he shot himself and it was more serious than he intended)

This crime is the urban myth that black men have to live with and be terrified about. She used it. Obviously she thought it was a winner.

She didn't identify anyone.

She did not have to. She gave a description that could fit lots of unlucky black men.

Parents of children who are black get to give them the “talk”. It is all about how to survive if stopped by the police. It does not always work.

I don’t know what they say about staying alive when they may be rousted even if they are professors at their own home or walking by their university.

From your article.

———

With her so young, people are going to google her for a long time. I can see black women having a big problem with this liar.

And, it still might happen. She needs to look over her shoulder constantly, imo. Next incident might be “real”.
Moo

I think this fake narrative is perhaps the scariest of all because black men over the years have been killed for this very fake crime.

Do you remember Charles Stuart who killed his wife and then shot himself to pretend that she was attacked by a balck man ( he lived but had a miscalculation when he shot himself and it was more serious than he intended)

This crime is the urban myth that black men have to live with and be terrified about. She used it. Obviously she thought it was a winner.

All over a pair of jeans that she herself destroyed.
IMO, this isn’t her first lie, might be her most prolific to date. As far as jobs, how can she be trusted? She’s a proven liar.

All over a pair of jeans that she herself destroyed.
IMO, this isn’t her first lie, might be her most prolific to date. As far as jobs, how can she be trusted? She’s a proven liar.
Don't know too many kids that haven't lied to avoid punishment from their parents. I did & I'm nearly perfect.

Don't know too many kids that haven't lied to avoid punishment from their parents. I did & I'm nearly perfect.

Did you ever create a lie which perpetuates a story that could get someone killed? Did you tell a story that put a cummunity into fear?

Did you ever create a lie which perpetuates a story that could get someone killed? Did you tell a story that put a cummunity into fear?
No. But as a young person I didn't always think things through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back