GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Absolutely! Somewhere someone who is observant and might know the family, not sure, said repeatedly for them it is "all about keeping up appearances".

Can anyone find out, since the records are sealed, if this is the first time the child has been hospitalized lately? Just curious. Seems like drama is their middle name.

Yes it was on court records. The temporary custody was awarded on Jan 10th I think from what I saw.Shortly after that the records for custody etc were sealed now only the divorces appear on the county records page.

I wish the court records weren't sealed.

If this is accurate info (EW being awarded emergency custody) when records showed that bio-dad was the primary custodial parent (according to previous posts), then I can't help but wonder why EW was suddenly awarded custody on Jan 10th - the day after baby Grace was suffocated, but was still in hospital on life support.

A judge wouldn't have made that decision without compelling evidence, IMO. IF it's true that EW was awarded emergency custody.

For the poster that noticed the father, Mitch Ford's FB page (only a week ago did I learn of it) and his status notification of engagement and earlier "met" .. and the woman's name. I recall the name but will not disclose it to anyone even through PM. Her FB page's cover photo was a pic of them together seemingly at a restaurant. And the profile photo was of the same young woman holding a child that looked very much like Gracie.

That profile is now unavailable on FB (for privacy or safety sake???) and Mitch Ford has removed the young woman's name and replaced it merely with "someone".

These actions could lead someone to further speculate that the gf/fiancée as of mid-December, IIRC, was the babysitter that fateful day and the other woman assaulted. Yet her name appears nowhere and her FB page is deleted or off-line.

Which could lead to the speculation that either her life is in danger and police advised her to "keep a low profile" or she is still in the hospital recoving, again under police protection or she is in danger or could be, as police still haven't arrested anyone.

This crime seems personal rather than random.

The gf/fiancée removing her FB page and the father substituting his entry to "engaged to someone" could mean something or it could mean nothing,

But with the report from bio mother's father that a babysitter had also been brutally assaulted, gets the old mind to wondering about possibilities.

And Emily had to be none-the-thrilled that Mitch was engaged to a lovely young woman who would be the step-mother of Gracie.

Jealousy is a bitter emotion that sometimes, when acted upon, produces grief, sorrow and heartache. How many times have women been murdered by an ex-boyfriend, boyfriend or husband thinking "if I can't have you, no one else will".

Hope this is not the piece of the puzzle that emerges - "if I can't have my child, you and no other woman will either"

Yes it was on court records. The temporary custody was awarded on Jan 10th I think from what I saw.Shortly after that the records for custody etc were sealed now only the divorces appear on the county records page.

Hold up. Do we know that she was actually awarded temp custody, or only that she petitioned to get it? Because if the court did award it to her, I cannot imagine that LE felt, at all, that mom or stepdad had anything to do with Grace's injury. It would change everything for me, if we knew for certain that mom was awarded custody AFTER Grace was assaulted.

For the poster that noticed the father, Mitch Ford's FB page (only a week ago did I learn of it) and his status notification of engagement and earlier "met" .. and the woman's name. I recall the name but will not disclose it to anyone even through PM. Her FB page's cover photo was a pic of them together seemingly at a restaurant. And the profile photo was of the same young woman holding a child that looked very much like Gracie.

That profile is now unavailable on FB (for privacy or safety sake???) and Mitch Ford has removed the young woman's name and replaced it merely with "someone".

These actions could lead someone to further speculate that the gf/fiancée as of mid-December, IIRC, was the babysitter that fateful day and the other woman assaulted. Yet her name appears nowhere and her FB page is deleted or off-line.

Which could lead to the speculation that either her life is in danger and police advised her to "keep a low profile" or she is still in the hospital recoving, again under police protection or she is in danger or could be, as police still haven't arrested anyone.

The gf/fiancée removing her FB page and the father substituting his entry to "engaged to someone" could mean something or it could mean nothing,

But with the report from bio mother's father that a babysitter had also been brutally assaulted, gets the old mind to wondering about possibilities.

And Emily had to be none-the-thrilled that Mitch was engaged to a lovely young woman who would be the step-mother of Gracie.

Jealousy is a bitter emotion that sometimes, when acted upon, produces grief, sorrow and heartache. How many times have women been murdered by an ex-boyfriend, boyfriend or husband thinking "if I can't have you, no one else will".

Hope this is not the piece of the puzzle that emerges - "if I can't have my child, you and no other woman will either"

If only the CPS records had not been sealed I bet we would have all the answers by now.

Hold up. Do we know that she was actually awarded temp custody, or only that she petitioned to get it? Because if the court did award it to her, I cannot imagine that LE felt, at all, that mom or stepdad had anything to do with Grace's injury. It would change everything for me, if we knew for certain that mom was awarded custody AFTER Grace was assaulted.

My thoughts exactly and there is no way to see if there was an Order granting temp emergency custody.

Anyone have any ideas why the grandfather would have those sealed? Perhaps EW's purported time in recovery is in those records.

It goes to the grandfather stepping in to protect a child who is no longer a minor! With g'father's "connections" in Plano with the Republican Party and run for JP as a Tea Party candidate, it's safe to assume that he is well-connected and a simple phone call would be all the action he needed to take.

I honestly do not remember.Sorry I only looked at the records page once went back a few days later and the records had been sealed.

Perhaps the PD should be advised of both the sealing of the records and the petition for temp custody. To me, this is suspicious or at least needs to be thoroughly investigated!

Did EW despise Mitch so much that she was even going to deny him final time with a child he'd raised for 2 years? Would she be that possessive of Gracie keeping him away? People usually bridge their feuds in a time of sorrow. I only hope the father was not kept from his daughter.

Seems Plano PD might have, as many large cities, a link online for reporting anonymous tips.

Another father covered for his daughter - ring a bell?

Without being able to currently view the court records, we can't know for certain what rulings a judge may have made.

I don't know what to think anymore. This is the most confusing case I've ever followed.

I agree with you, though - if EW was warded temp emergency custody a day after baby Grace was assaulted, then LE must not consider her a POI or suspect (if LE was aware of the custody petition).

I'm leaning toward being skeptical that this is accurate information - especially since the concerned parties would have had to appear in court with supporting documentation a day after Grace was assaulted.

Possible that the "baby sitters" wounds were self inflicted after he/she realised what they had done and needed an intruder story? No saying it was the fiancée of the Dad BUT if it were, it could explain mum getting temporary custody since he let her into the Grace's life (actually even if the baby sitter was just a baby sitter).

Wouldn't Mitch Ford or his attorney be able to access the records by subpoena? Ford is a party to the action, certainly his attorney got notification from the court as to the filing of the petition by EW. The other party has to be notified and given a reasonable window of time in which to respond either by objection or agreement. The father would have to have been consulted - an Order can't be granted to the petitioning party without notification to the opposing party(ies). If that were the case, someone could run roughshod over another all day long.

I'll check if the code gives me any idea of what the process is for temp custody.

Possible that the "baby sitters" wounds were self inflicted after he/she realised what they had done and needed an intruder story? No saying it was the fiancée of the Dad BUT if it were, it could explain mum getting temporary custody since he let her into the Grace's life (actually even if the baby sitter was just a baby sitter).

I'm even skeptical about there even being a babysitter because it's only emily's side of the family who says there was one.

Wouldn't Mitch Ford or his attorney be able to access the records by subpoena? Ford is a party to the action, certainly his attorney got notification from the court as to the filing of the petition by EW. The other party has to be notified and given a reasonable window of time in which to respond either by objection or agreement. The father would have to have been consulted - an Order can't be issued by the petitioning party without notification to the opposing party(ies). If that were the case, someone could run roughshod over another all day long.

I'll check if the code gives me any idea of what the process is for temp custody.

I agree. IANAL, but I think if an emergency petition for custody had been filed on EW's behalf, the primary custodial parent (MF) would have been notified. I don't think this could have been filed ex parte.

Perhaps Gitana can chime in later if she gets a chance.

The father had to be served/notified of the pending action. A judge won't grant it based on the claims of one party. Seems only Mitch Ford would know if the request was made and if he agreed. Otherwise, the order can't be granted because both parties have to be notified and agree or disagree.

She would have to have presented a "Show Cause" and her reasons for requesting.

Just because EW filed for it and told her supporters she filed doesn't mean it was granted!! But I'm sure she led them to believe it was. :scared:

And it seems rather quick for Emily to have gotten temporary emergency custody if their child is at the hospital hooked up to a vent.

It would not take a day to get temp emergency custody would it.

I would think it would take and least a couple of weeks, plus both E and M would have to show up at court.

and I just can't see that happening in one day.

About temporary custody- this is one thing I thought about. Maybe it was filed for so the non-custodial parent would be able to visit the child at the hospital and could make decisions as far as organ donation, etc. Maybe they already knew on 1/10 that the outcome was not going to be good and only one side was pushing for organs to be dontated..
It seems strange, but I had a coworker whose teen was killed unexpectedly. The custodial parent's side of the family did everything in a very private manner- closed memorial service, etc. While the non-custodial parent and her new husband had two public funerals- one in the town where the teen lived with his Dad and one where they (Mom and Stepdad) lived 6 hours away. It was kind of strange, but I know everyone grieves differently.

It's really ironic that EW serves on the board of an organization involved in the pro-life movement, yet has CPS violations against her. The whole family seems all about appearances.

It's really ironic that EW serves on the board of an organization involved in the pro-life movement, yet has CPS violations against her. The whole family seems all about appearances.

We don't know who CPS investigated. All we know is that prior to baby Grace's death:

Child Protective Services has confirmed there was prior contact with the toddler’s family. The agency conducted four investigations between March of 2012 and this month.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/01/22/police-say-plano-toddler-was-suffocated-cause-of-death-homicide/

AFAIK, there isn't any specific info regarding which particular family member(s) had been investigated.

Perhaps the babysitter is the minor child of a step ...or from another father.
IMO that could explain why all the silence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is the proof the violations were by Emily.. haven't seen that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0
Back