GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I seriously don't know what to think of the mother.

she seems to love all the attention she's getting.

And that picture of Grace in the hospital bed should be kept private between family and friends, not plastered on facebook where everyone can look at at.

jmo

I agree.

Can anyone find out, since the records are sealed, if this is the first time the child has been hospitalized lately? Just curious. Seems like drama is their middle name.

HIPPA regulations prevent anyone from accessing medical records except those persons named by the patient (or parent or guardian). Patient records are private but the patient signs a separate form indicating what information can be released to those named as emergency contacts.

If someone loves attention, and then their child is killed, but they have nothing to do with it, would their attention-seeking ways go out the window? Probably not, it's a part of ~who they are~.

If someone loves attention, and then their child is killed, but they have nothing to do with it, would their attention-seeking ways go out the window? Probably not, it's a part of ~who they are~.

Or, what if this were one big ploy from the get go? Custody case gone nuts? What about this theory? What if she were about to lose custody, stage a home intrusion, baby sitter supposed to be hurt, baby a little hurt. Then go back to court to get custody and show that the dad couldn't keep the baby safe.

Plausible?

Or, what if this were one big ploy from the get go? Custody case gone nuts? What about this theory? What if she were about to lose custody, stage a home intrusion, baby sitter supposed to be hurt, baby a little hurt. Then go back to court to get custody and show that the dad couldn't keep the baby safe.

Plausible?

IMO at this point...aliens, the extraterrestrial kind, are plausible.

So tight lipped!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems the intruder had escaped within 5-10 minutes of police arriving on scene.

That assumption made on info provided at this link as to how long one can go without oxygen before there is brain damage/brain death.

More than 15 minutes without oxygen and death occurs.

So there's a 15 minute window or more and, of course, not knowing the condition of the child when discovered.

It seems hard to believe someone didn't see something suspicious like someone running from the scene and hoping if there were any security cameras in the area that something/someone suspicious was captured on film/video.

http://www.wisegeek.org/how-long-can-the-brain-be-without-oxygen-before-brain-damage.htm

Seems the intruder had escaped within 5-10 minutes of police arriving on scene.

That assumption made on info provided at this link as to how long one can go without oxygen before there is brain damage/brain death.

More than 15 minutes without oxygen and death occurs.

So there's a 15 minute window or more and, of course, not knowing the condition of the child when discovered.

It seems hard to believe someone didn't see something suspicious like someone running from the scene and hoping if there were any security cameras in the area that something/someone suspicious was captured on film/video.

http://www.wisegeek.org/how-long-can-the-brain-be-without-oxygen-before-brain-damage.htm

But the mother said on her FB prayers page that the baby died and was brought back to life so that she could hold her one last time. So, she was dead according to the mother and revived. So, how long was the person in the apartment? We don't even know that.

not to mention it happened in the afternoon when someone would have seen at least something.

I don't believe there is an intruder because the chief police officer said there is nothing for people to worry about and I highly doubt there is no babysitter.

not to mention it happened in the afternoon when someone would have seen at least something.

I don't believe there is an intruder because the chief police officer said there is nothing for people to worry about and I highly doubt there is no babysitter.

The "nothing to worry about" thing shouldn't be taken as proof of anything. They said the same thing after Alanna Gallagher's murder even though the killer was neither in custody nor, seemingly, under constant surveillance. In other words, for several weeks the neighborhood was NOT safe even though LE said otherwise. (Alanna was killed by a neighbor, not a family member.)

Not saying case isn't hinky. It's super hinky. Just saying LE comments in situations like this shouldn't be taken as gospel.

IMO I think the police have an idea who this perpetrator is, they just need to seal the case and make sure it sticks! They can't have a Casey Anthony case in Texas ! I am not saying anyone in family is guilty, they hurt need a solid case to make it impossible to get off!

The "nothing to worry about" thing shouldn't be taken as proof of anything. They said the same thing after Alanna Gallagher's murder even though the killer was neither in custody nor, seemingly, under constant surveillance. In other words, for several weeks the neighborhood was NOT safe even though LE said otherwise. (Alanna was killed by a neighbor, not a family member.)

Not saying case isn't hinky. It's super hinky. Just saying LE comments in situations like this shouldn't be taken as gospel.

I was just going to post the same thing. I remember feeling that Alanna's parents were not responsible, but the only thing nagging me was that LE said there was no danger to the neighborhood. It seemed irresponsible to me then, and if there is someone running loose in Grace's case, it seems irresponsible now.

My gut is telling me this is a different situation though.

But the mother said on her FB prayers page that the baby died and was brought back to life so that she could hold her one last time. So, she was dead according to the mother and revived. So, how long was the person in the apartment? We don't even know that.

She was non-responsive as far as I can tell when EMS arrived. She was revived, per some news report, by CPR. So it would seem that her heart was restarted through CPR so it had to be inside the apartment or enroute. I'm not a physician nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn last night :) and the child was first taken to Plano Children's, it seems and then on to Children's Dallas if the reports are correct and my memory is still serving me at least partially :truce:

What's equally concerning is the DART rail stop is close by - someone could have jumped a train and gone north or south and be out of there fast.

Hope police reviewed security recordings around the rail stop - anyone looking suspicious, anxious or in an unusual hurry.

I was just going to post the same thing. I remember feeling that Alanna's parents were not responsible, but the only thing nagging me was that LE said there was no danger to the neighborhood. It seemed irresponsible to me then, and if there is someone running loose in Grace's case, it seems irresponsible now.

My gut is telling me this is a different situation though.

Well it;s more than gut. She didn't go missing. her body wasn't found outside the home, right? So she died in the home of one of the parents, presumably and thus someone in the home was responsible, either parent, step, significant other, relation, etc.,, I think.

I mean, it;s not just mom's FB that seems off to me.

I really do not understand why if LE came to a home, and found a little girl almost dead, that the people in the house would not be arrested on the spot. Maybe it wasn't obvious that it was murder at first, but they have ruled it a homicide.

There's a reason why parents who kill their kids dump the bodies. The ones who don't....get arrested! Look at the "Crimes Against Children" forum---case after case of parents or their significant other killing the kid, calling 911, saying it was an accident, and being arrested on the spot.

This makes me think that the case is more complicated than that. Perhaps LE has a suspect, a family member, but they need to prove they were there; like maybe this family member left before LE got there? IDK.

I really do not understand why if LE came to a home, and found a little girl almost dead, that the people in the house would not be arrested on the spot. Maybe it wasn't obvious that it was murder at first, but they have ruled it a homicide.

There's a reason why parents who kill their kids dump the bodies. The ones who don't....get arrested! Look at the "Crimes Against Children" forum---case after case of parents or their significant other killing the kid, calling 911, saying it was an accident, and being arrested on the spot.

This makes me think that the case is more complicated than that. Perhaps LE has a suspect, a family member, but they need to prove they were there; like maybe this family member left before LE got there? IDK.

Or maybe there was more than one possibility in the house when 911 was called and all parties are telling the same story. That might take some time to sort out and prove which party is responsible for what.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back