GUILTY TX - Grace Lillian Ford, 2, murdered in Plano, 9 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree no intruder just the devil
And they are just waiting for all scientific evidence results to come in, the police know who did it they just have to prove it and I think too sitter could be bio dads gf

I feel sorry for MF and Grace. Emily not so much.

Heard something that Bio dad's gf was the nanny, hasn't been confirmed yet but this seems more believable about what could've happened

Heard something that Bio dad's gf was the nanny, hasn't been confirmed yet but this seems more believable about what could've happened

Where did you hear that.

I've heard so many things, I don't know what to believe.

I do not think MF was home with Grace. LE has used the exact words "welfare check" which seem to mean that he called from somewhere else, and they went to check on the house. So here are my guesses:

1. There was a babysitter watching Grace at his apartment.
2. Grace was being watched at the babysitter's apartment.
3. Grace was at EW's apartment

Why did MF feel that there needed to be a welfare check? Well, if he called up the apartment, and the babysitter didn't answer. Or maybe he called up EW, and she was acting weird on the phone.

Since the stepfather is a teacher, I think it's most likely he was at work that day. If EW was the only person home with Grace, and LE found Grace not breathing, then found out it was a homicide, she would be arrested. So IDK I am starting to lean towards...maybe there was a babysitter? It doesn't mean I rule out family though.

Maybe. But maybe the baby sitter was not the paid variety. You know?

I was originally very suspicious of EW and/or someone on her side of the equation, but i'm starting to have second thoughts. I can't even explain why i'm doubting my original instincts, but I don't know. I'm just starting to think maybe she really did not have anything to do with this. I really hope whatever tests they are running this week will lead to a swift arrest.

I hear ya. I think the answer comes down to exactly whose apartment it was and which parent had the child at the time.

I think the 'babysitter' was the bio dads GF..... just my 2cents

I have wondered that too.

The reason why I doubt the intruder and babysitter story is because it's only emily's side of the family posting stuff on facebook, just because they said it does not make it true.

His side posted it kind of as well. An aunt I think of Grace, said something about a murderer on the loose and that was responded to by paternal grandma who said it may be that the police are just getting their ducks in a row, or something to that effect.

I feel sorry for MF and Grace. Emily not so much.

EW is not the only one with an odd FB. How about one who has no reference to being a parent at all. One who does not betray the existence of a child, period, and posts "selfies" after their daughter dies?

I don't know anymore. I don't know if its a selfish generation or so self involved they have no sense of boundaries, decorum, privacy, responsibility, parental bonds, etc. Its like these kids are possessions and toys, not cherished beings to adore and protect.

I can't imagine plastering my child's final moments on a public facebok page or photos of myself greiving. Thats so intimate and private. But I can't imagine posting any photos of my child on public social media at all. Its not hard to set the pages to private! I also cant imagine having a social media page all about me with no reference at all to my status as a parent, or posting selfies or frankly, anything at all, right after my precious child has been murdered.

Maybe it is generational . I'm very confused. Its as if they can't even focus long enough on anything for it to matter or impact their lives. Oh, my baby has been murdered. Well, I have a headache but this too shall pass and I will move on. Or look, I already did move on! I never had a kid at all! And two days after the breath was sucked from my beautiful baby, I'm posting cool selfies!

WTH?

Also, its as if things never happened unless they are photographed and made public. This generation seems unable to either feel or remember without a public record of the experience. Privacy settings you unusual people! You will still exist if the world can't access your FB!

Wow I cannot believe that there is no more info on her case....why the foot dragging in this case? Maybe we can contact the major paper in that area...the closest major city is
_______ please fill in blank :)

Hasn't NG gotten wind of this case yet?

its Dallas and barely a peep, and as for NG after Shaniya, NG can go ______ herself, (fill in the blank) I doubt she cares unless it involves ratings! JMO :)

its Dallas and barely a peep, and as for NG after Shaniya, NG can go ______ herself, (fill in the blank) I doubt she cares unless it involves ratings! JMO :)
You would think this case would involve ratings it would seem to have all the elements.

Under the comments from the Dallas newspaper article a couple people said they contacted NG. Who knows if that is true or not.

I personally can not stand the women.

I don't buy into it being generational to post selfies and pictures of your dying child within days (or hours) of it happening.

I am 33, my sister is 30 and my brother is 27. There is no way in you-know-where that any of us would have the ability, much less the desire, to be using social media at a time like this. We would have to be heavily medicated to just be able to function. Period. I know it is said that you never know how you would behave if this happened to you, but I can say without reservation that my siblings and I would cease to be functioning, coherent human beings if we lost a child. Our children are our lives. There is your difference. It is not the age of the parent, but the level they are immersed in their child's life that would make the difference. IMO. MOO.

You would think this case would involve ratings it would seem to have all the elements.

Under the comments from the Dallas newspaper article a couple people said they contacted NG. Who knows if that is true or not.

I personally can not stand the women.

Personally, I hope LE is allowed to do their job, build a case and successfully prosecute the killer.
When national media gets involved ...it always seems to benefit the guilty. IMO
I can do without knowing, in hopes justice will be found swiftly & completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope this is solved soon and doesn't turn into what Hailey Dunns case has!

Murdered child and no arrests!

I don't think it's generational. I work almost exclusively with tech-oriented millennials.

I think social media is just enabling us to see more people acting in ways that seem odd or inappropriate to us.

For example, Diane Downs, after she shot her kids and pretended a stranger did it, back in the 80s, was considered to be acting very odd (not emotionally affected) by hospital staff and LE; both immediately after the shooting and in the weeks that followed. If Diane Downs had committed her crime in 2014 instead of the early '80s, she'd probably be posting inexplicable/inappropriate-seeming selfies on FB in the days that followed.

I think it is very possible a family member was already there when LE arrived. The call was for a welfare check not a crime in progress.

I know early reports can be wrong, but I specifically remember hearing that the father called for a welfare check *from* 1549 J place--this is where Gracie died. That piece has always stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

I've been following this thread for a while and decided to create an account to add some information. I live in the apartment complex where this happened and live in the building next to the specific apartment. A few days after the incident the police went around to everyone's door and asked questions in regards to what happened. They asked us if we knew the people that lived in the apartment. It seemed as if the officer was asking about the mom and step-dad although she never said the names, so I'm assuming that the mom and step-dad were the ones who lived here in the Plano apartment. The obit stated that the birth dad lives in Allen so that scenario does make the most sense. The police officer asked if we knew the people, if we saw anything suspicious i.e. people acting strangely or if we found anything strange such as a roll of duct tape around the apartment complex. We hadn't seen anything as we were at work at the time, but neither the complex managers nor the police acted like there was any threat to us as residents. We were never told to look out for a certain individual, although I did not ask if they had the suspect in custody. The police cars were at the apartment complex for about 4-5 days in total. The limited information about this case is definitely unsettling as a person who lives where it happened, so I'm hoping more information comes out soon...

I've been following this thread for a while and decided to create an account to add some information. I live in the apartment complex where this happened and live in the building next to the specific apartment. A few days after the incident the police went around to everyone's door and asked questions in regards to what happened. They asked us if we knew the people that lived in the apartment. It seemed as if the officer was asking about the mom and step-dad although she never said the names, so I'm assuming that the mom and step-dad were the ones who lived here in the Plano apartment. The obit stated that the birth dad lives in Allen so that scenario does make the most sense. The police officer asked if we knew the people, if we saw anything suspicious i.e. people acting strangely or if we found anything strange such as a roll of duct tape around the apartment complex. We hadn't seen anything as we were at work at the time, but neither the complex managers nor the police acted like there was any threat to us as residents. We were never told to look out for a certain individual, although I did not ask if they had the suspect in custody. The police cars were at the apartment complex for about 4-5 days in total. The limited information about this case is definitely unsettling as a person who lives where it happened, so I'm hoping more information comes out soon...

Very enlightening...

Search for source duct tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This gives the mention of duct tape some credence. Thank you for joining and sharing with us!

I don't think it's generational. I work almost exclusively with tech-oriented millennials.

I think social media is just enabling us to see more people acting in ways that seem odd or inappropriate to us.

For example, Diane Downs, after she shot her kids and pretended a stranger did it, back in the 80s, was considered to be acting very odd (not emotionally affected) by hospital staff and LE; both immediately after the shooting and in the weeks that followed. If Diane Downs had committed her crime in 2014 instead of the early '80s, she'd probably be posting inexplicable/inappropriate-seeming selfies on FB in the days that followed.

Your point about social media allowing us to see bad behavior more easily makes sense to me. But the point of what Diane Downs would do misses the point entirely.

Both parents here cannot have killed the baby. They were not together, did not live itoegther and were involved in litigation against one another. Yet each have very odd FB's, IMO, for parents who just lost children. Of course a murderer would act oddly. My point is that the inocent often act oddly as well and that causes us to question their involvement, but perhaps their reactions are meaningless.

I still suspect, though, that something generational is happening. Why do people today need to plaster every moment if their lives on twitter and FB? Why do they need to record everything that happens?

Why does EVERYTHING need to be public? The oddity of this gives people pause and may cause suspicion. My point is perhaps it is generational. That doesn't mesn everyone conforms, of course, but such bhavior becomes more the norm.

I'm one who posts everything on FB but mine is set to private. All of my family and friends are there and I'm the family photographer and the family historian. I post all of the photos from every family event and they all want me to. I guess Ive just gotten used to that. I wouldn't make any of it public though. The photos taken in this case did bother me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back