TX TX - Gregory Wedel-Morales, Army soldier, 23, found deceased, Fort Hood, 19 August 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Didn't he live near where he was found? I'm going to have to look that up now. Moo.

It wasn't suicide, he was found buried in a shallow grave (awaiting autopsy results).
In a FB post from his mom shortly after he disappeared, she posted a screenshot of a text exchange between him and another guy where it looks like GWM was meant to meet up with the guy late during the night he "disappeared" as the guy then texted in the morning asking again where GWM was...
I found this suspicious. Does anyone know who that guy was? The mom mentioned something about a possible money exchange (the entire text convo wasn't screenshot). Is the next morning text a decoy? I.e...did something go wrong when he met up with that guy? Was he set up and robbed of his car? (The car was later located in Dallas, but no other details reported).
If he was going through a divorce, leaving the Army could he have been involved in drugs?
All MOO.

It wasn't suicide, he was found buried in a shallow grave (awaiting autopsy results).
In a FB post from his mom shortly after he disappeared, she posted a screenshot of a text exchange between him and another guy where it looks like GWM was meant to meet up with the guy late during the night he "disappeared" as the guy then texted in the morning asking again where GWM was...
I found this suspicious. Does anyone know who that guy was? The mom mentioned something about a possible money exchange (the entire text convo wasn't screenshot). Is the next morning text a decoy? I.e...did something go wrong when he met up with that guy? Was he set up and robbed of his car? (The car was later located in Dallas, but no other details reported).
If he was going through a divorce, leaving the Army could he have been involved in drugs?
All MOO.

I have followed this case from the start and leaned heavily towards Greg getting involved with nefarious people, and it ending badly. Whether he was involved with a woman he should not have been, or with drugs, I can't speculate. But tip, definitely foul play.

In a FB post from his mom shortly after he disappeared, she posted a screenshot of a text exchange between him and another guy where it looks like GWM was meant to meet up with the guy late during the night he "disappeared" as the guy then texted in the morning asking
again where GWM was.

Being found in a shallow grave! Was the tip anonymous? As in someone had information regarding the death or did they just stumble upon a grave?
All MOO.

I have followed this case from the start and leaned heavily towards Greg getting involved with nefarious people, and it ending badly. Whether he was involved with a woman he should not have been, or with drugs, I can't speculate. But tip, definitely foul play.

I agree. Also his wife (was soon to be ex-wife) said he was staying with a "friend" that weekend, so he wasn't even staying at home during the time he disappeared.

Found by an anonymous tip? Did someone need the body found for some purpose?
Probably a stupid question but can an anonymous tip about location of a body truly be anonymous? Seriously? Either that person knows the murderer or they are the murderer IMO. I have family on that base, all these deaths and disappearances are insane.

Probably a stupid question but can an anonymous tip about location of a body truly be anonymous? Seriously? Either that person knows the murderer or they are the murderer IMO. I have family on that base, all these deaths and disappearances are insane.

I wondered if it could be any of the following (all speculation):
-someone not wanting co-conspirators to speak to access the reward money (assuming they didn't as the tip was anonymous)
-distraction away from VG case
-guilt by the offender or associate of the offender
-maybe thought after this amount of time no trace evidence left on the body
-if the wife is involved (IF) to remove the deserter/awol status so to access money that would have come from the Army (apparently you aren't entitled to this for Awol/deserter status) And/or life insurance.
MOO

BBM I'd say the existence of an insurance policy would seem a very good purpose, if one could be the beneficiary.

I just read your post now @Theorijenal. I think all those are good ideas, but I lean towards the insurance/payout

If I remember correctly, all active duty military have insurance through the military. Anyone else know?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed
Back