TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NG is just going to dig in on her opinions and now it going to turn into a is she helping or hurting thing.....which ain't gonna do H a bit of good.

As long as Hailey's face is on the screen, it's a good thing

Do you happen to have a link stating it was the mother that called in the Texas Rangers and others? I don't think private citizens can call in the Texas Rangers and the FBI, but I could be sorely mistaken.

I'm a little behind, so this may have already been addressed, but I've thought about this every time they say BD called them in. Its been my experience that the Texas Rangers are stationed all over the state and each county has at least one Ranger assigned to them. They are part of the Texas DPS (Highway Patrol) and probably would not have to be "called". I'm assuming the local Troopers were aware of the case and the local Ranger was already on it as soon as the local PD knew something wasn't right.

I'd never heard of this forum until this case, and its been very interesting, but when folks start bashing LE I don't believe that's doing any good at all. Some agencies may be a little more transparent than this one, but that certainly doesn't mean they're not doing anything or that what their doing is wrong!

Well I can say this, if LE is thinking the family has anything to do with it - they are loving the fact that they go on NG.

Has anyone seen any video of these press briefings from LE? I ask because I have only seen written accounts, and I have to wonder if cherry-picked statements/quotes are what cause a lot of our confusion. Just the other day a victim in the tragic Arizona shootings was reported both dead and alive at the same time. Just wondering...

Wondering how much info they got from these two 6th graders. Hailey was in 8th grade.

8th graders tend to look at 6th graders as "newbs". I very well remember those years (they weren't too long ago) with my DD. In 6th grade all she talked about was the 8th graders and "how cool" they were. She didn't have any as friends-friends although she did talk to a few of the girls.

Then in 8th grade she was like "I'm not hanging around with any 6th graders - they're babies". But boy o boy did she like to brag to any 6th grade girl she could find that would listen.

Msteach - yousaid to teach middle school - am I not correct on this?

Maybe those girls told LE that Hailey went back to her house.

Who knows? But I'm leaning more towards friends today but I reserve the right to change my mind at any given time. :biggrin:

Oh yeah. My son is 13 & in the 7th and is looked up to like he's a God around here among the younger 5&6th grade kids. He only bothers with them when he's at loose ends or needs his ego stroked...eyeroll........

So now we don't even know what day she went missing on, they aren't being truthful with LE, they failed polys and it's still LE"S fault? pppfffttttttttttttt. If it walks like a duck......... How much more do you need to see that it's looking like the family is involved. If you were just reading about this case and didn't have family friends sharing their view, what would you think?[

Totally agree!!!!

LE screwed this up bigtime right from the beginning, no matter who is involved. Media in this region of Texas which includes Lubbock, Midland-Odessa, and Abilene gave this case a mention on their news brodcast calling Hailey a runaway, nothing more. The newspapers did not run it at all. This did not change until family and community members stepped up and got national news coverage. The very next day they had Texas Rangers meeting with CCPD, then Secret service and FBI joined in.

If the BO had not insisted on bringing in the professionals, CCPD was heading the investigation and they had already thrown up their hands. They overlooked every fact which pointed to a little girl whose life was in peril, called Hailey a liar and a runaway on nothing more than the word of one person. Hailey's disappearance would have been a file sitting on a shelf, waiting for someone to walk in and confess or find her body years later. Whoever did it would've been scott free, if only BO had been willing to accept CCPD's word for it, but she did not. BO called for help. I don't see anyone doing that if they were involved in the crime or a cover-up.

We don't need the word of anyone local to see that. Read the first three pages of this case and you will see that I,( not knowing anyone involved) called it before anyone from C-City or who knew Hailey's family even signed up, and I was not alone. The facts speak for themselves.

MOO

I'm a little behind, so this may have already been addressed, but I've thought about this every time they say BD called them in. Its been my experience that the Texas Rangers are stationed all over the state and each county has at least one Ranger assigned to them. They are part of the Texas DPS (Highway Patrol) and probably would not have to be "called". I'm assuming the local Troopers were aware of the case and the local Ranger was already on it as soon as the local PD knew something wasn't right.

I'd never heard of this forum until this case, and its been very interesting, but when folks start bashing LE I don't believe that's doing any good at all. Some agencies may be a little more transparent than this one, but that certainly doesn't mean they're not doing anything or that what their doing is wrong!

This case has been quite interesting for me because I have been on here a couple of years and this LE bashing is unique. Usually we trust them to a fault.

LE screwed this up bigtime right from the beginning, no matter who is involved. Media in this region of Texas which includes Lubbock, Midland-Odessa, and Abilene gave this case a mention on their news brodcast calling Hailey a runaway, nothing more. The newspapers did not run it at all. This did not change until family and community members stepped up and got national news coverage. The very next day they had Texas Rangers meeting with CCPD, then Secret service and FBI joined in.

If the BO had not insisted on bringing in the professionals, CCPD was heading the investigation and they had already thrown up their hands. They overlooked every fact which pointed to a little girl whose life was in peril, called Hailey a liar and a runaway on nothing more than the word of one person. Hailey's disappearance would be a file sitting on a shelf, waiting for someone to walk in and confess or find her body years later. Whoever did it would be scott free, if only BO had been willing to accept CCPD's word for it, but she did not. BO called for help. I don't see anyone doing that if they were involved in the crime or a cover-up.

We don't need the word of anyone local to see that. Read the first three pages of this case and you will see that I,( not knowing anyone involved) called it before anyone from C-City or who knew Hailey's family even signed up, and I was not alone. The facts speak for themselves.

MOO

Ok, so explain why the family is not being truthful with LE. Because the professionals that are there now are not going to play games and point fingers at the family without a very good reason...............

IMO It's a fact, in my mind anyway, the local LE didn't do much until a grass roots internet campaign got the ball rolling & once the national media involved they appeared to start taking her disappearance seriously.

I have no info to add but wanted to chime in with those posters who are bemused by what is actually going on in this investigation, which seems to be alternately aimed at finding:

1) A runaway, alive and safe ("standing up")
2) An abducted child, alive and safe
3) Another (worse) crime scene

I understand that a case in which a child vanishes includes various possibilities, but I wonder whether it isn't better to have ONE message out there for investigators and associates to rally behind: "HA is missing, this is likely to be serious, and we are pulling out all the stops to trace her movements on the day in question and subsequently with the hope of finding her as soon as possible."

Is the fact that the investigation is as open and as "loose" as it is -- sometimes, as with the conflicting accounts of the poly tests, becoming a complicated blow-by-blow of developments -- actually compromising it? Wondering if the search teams and specialized aid (TRs, FBI, TES) had been called in right away, with media leaks controlled and family and friends focused on the work of the searchers, HA would be found by now.

best,

s

This case has been quite interesting for me because I have been on here a couple of years and this LE bashing is unique. Usually we trust them to a fault.
ITA teh,
Another similar case with harsh criticism of LE was Kayleah Wilson, who was also called a runaway by LE and was found murdered.

ITA teh,
Another similar case with harsh criticism of LE was Kayleah Wilson, who was also called a runaway by LE and was found murdered.

I'm afraid this one is going to end the same way, but you know I just cannot fault LE when the family is not being 100% truthful. I seen a 3. :banghead:

I am not going to bash LE here because I don't know exactly what they were told or what they know at this point. All I know is confusing information is getting out. :banghead:

One thing though, if true, the family not being truthful is not helping matters.

Also, in an article yesterday it said that there was an argument before Christmas and Hailey wanted to move in with her dad. Was this relayed to LE when Hailey went missing, therefore, why they initially and perhaps still do think she's a runaway?

Ok, so explain why the family is not being truthful with LE. Because the professionals that are there now are not going to play games and point fingers at the family without a very good reason...............

Have any locals seen the FBI? How many FBI people are there? Are they counting only the retired FBI dude? Are they doing phone consults? Are they directing the investigation? Have they done any interviews?

Has the stepdad been cleared? It's been hard for me to keep up with this case..thanks.

If the BO had not insisted on bringing in the professionals, CCPD was heading the investigation and they had already thrown up their hands. They overlooked every fact which pointed to a little girl whose life was in peril, called Hailey a liar and a runaway on nothing more than the word of one person. Hailey's disappearance would have been a file sitting on a shelf, waiting for someone to walk in and confess or find her body years later. Whoever did it would've been scott free, if only BO had been willing to accept CCPD's word for it, but she did not. BO called for help. I don't see anyone doing that if they were involved in the crime or a cover-up.

MOO

Sorry I missed the beginning of the case but who was the one person who made LE believe she was a runaway?

What would procedure be if the perpetrator or perpetrators are minors? Could that be why LE is clamming up again?

:( This is where my mind is going, I'm afraid: That the perps are minors.

Could the "criminal intent" mean that Hailey was lured either into captivity or (shudder) into her own death?

Could this be related to the 'girl-fights' referenced on Hailey's FaceBook??

Again, Middle School/High School teacher, here. Can't help it. I know kids pretty well. Mob Mentality may be a factor here.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member