TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, we have certainly seen and heard alot as we go through the cases of the past. Its darn right painful!

I am not one of those that can go back and find clips, but I saw an interview with the neighbor. He seemed to be sure he saw her and many of us were concerned as to why he watched her in the back yard.
yes i thot that too. but in this small town i even find myself looking and watching kids or grown ups do what they are doing outside, lots of people spend alot of time outside around here just sitting and looking around. I dont know why but thats what i can come up with.

Not to contradict what's been said,but in her conversation to BD it was stated BD went home before going to LE,which BD said on NG she went to LE from work.So many things are getting confused,but I don't think Texas Rangers and FBI come in at the request of families.There has to be things in a case that would bring them into it.

I believe you are correct, other LE agencies will not step in and take over without local LE's approval and certainly not just on the request of family.
The FBI cannot take jurisdiction without LE's okay, unless certain criteria is met, and I would have to look it up to know what that is.
I am not all that familiar with the Texas Rangers, but somehow I can't see them stepping in for just a runaway teen. There has to be some other reason, but it could be simply because local LE does not have the skilled manpower and/or the sheriff's dept. asked for their help.
Most small town PD's simply can't handle a big case, their officers usually have minimal training and few, if any, are trained in detective work, so that's when the SD takes over at PD's request.

yes i thot that too. but in this small town i even find myself looking and watching kids or grown ups do what they are doing outside, lots of people spend alot of time outside around here just sitting and looking around. I dont know why but thats what i can come up with.

My sink where I wash dishes looks right into my neighbors backyard, through the fence posts. I can see what his grandkids are doing without even trying.

Every neighborhood I have ever lived in had a house where the kids would hang out. Usually not nice thing going on there. Where is the house in Haileys neighborhood? There has to be one.

I believe you are correct, other LE agencies will not step in and take over without local LE's approval and certainly not just on the request of family.
The FBI cannot take jurisdiction without LE's okay, unless certain criteria is met, and I would have to look it up to know what that is.
I am not all that familiar with the Texas Rangers, but somehow I can't see them stepping in for just a runaway teen. There has to be some other reason, but it could be simply because local LE does not have the skilled manpower and/or the sheriff's dept. asked for their help.
Most small town PD's simply can't handle a big case, their officers usually have minimal training and few, if any, are trained in detective work, so that's when the SD takes over at PD's request.

I wonder if the police chief being a interim would make them come in? She he is not technically chief ect would that allot them to come in and take over???

Every neighborhood I have ever lived in had a house where the kids would hang out. Usually not nice thing going on there. Where is the house in Haileys neighborhood? There has to be one.
I think and JMHO is the "local hang out" was the shed.

The 2 girls were interviewed....now, they're being interviewed again

I do not understand how a friend could go missing in a small town,probably classmates or schoolmates and they wait until Le asked in the paper to come forward.IMO that is very hinky to me. I have read so many cases where teens have been let to die by either overdose or too much alcohol,or like one poster stated the other day how her cousin fall through ice and his friends left him and waited til next day to tell LE what happened(o/t but I can not remember the poster,I had tried to reply to your post ,that I was very sorry you lost your cousin also but computer went nutz again and lost my post) Also since SA said Haily was going to her friends house they should also be looked at and investigated just for the simple fact if SA was telling truth then she might have arrived at friends house and something happened to Hailey at that point. My youngest is 27 and my oldest is 28 , When my son came home very late or stayed away from home a day without letting me know his whereabouts ,my first fear was a predator, second fear was friends leaving him somewhere and being afraid to come forward and tell if they left him passed out or hurt somewhere. I did have my Cousin Danny in his teens raped ,and then he was found dead by being hung in a barn. I was almost 18 when it happened and his murder made me realize the dangerous world we live in and that monsters are everywhere.Maybe his murder is why I was a very protective mother.

MOO is that it was in back of Delaney Circle or on Colorado Street.

I think and JMHO is the "local hang out" was the shed.
but it wasnt mentioned other kids coming around. i remember what went on in houses when i was a kid and that was 62-63 when i was 13. Alot of not nice things, but no dope back in those days. SEX

but it wasnt mentioned other kids coming around. i remember what went on in houses when i was a kid and that was 62-63 when i was 13. Alot of not nice things, but no dope back in those days. SEX
well remember mom worked 12 hour shifts and it had been xmas vacation when all the kids were out. Plus when school is in - afternoons. IIRC mom got off at 7PM - that doesn't mean she's had different shift hours previously. Usually they rotate monthly.

Now that was something I always wanted to know ....:rocker: You just completely made my day with this post.

MY house is where the kids would hang out in my neighborhood and it wasn't because of anything bad it was because we had Food and Cokes, I couldn't run those kids off with a stick :eek:

MOO is that it was in back of Delaney Circle or on Colorado Street.

I've wondered if she crossed through around the hotel,but I guess the dogs would have kept going in that direction.She's a pretty girl,cheerleader,she could have met anyone at a game or while wandering around the streets.I'm just surprised that not one child has come forward if this is the case.

Sounds like he's from outside the CC area, and recommending they search outside the area. Would be helpful if he specified WHERE he saw her, so as to direct searches/LE to that area.

Hoss is not an infrequent poster on the ARN site. I don't know where he is from, but I'd sat he probably posts about one thing or another at least weekly. I've heard that all you get when you call the tip line is an answering machine and return calls are exceptionally rare. JMO

MY house is where the kids would hang out in my neighborhood and it wasn't because of anything bad it was because we had Food and Cokes, I couldn't run those kids off with a stick :eek:
Thats how it started in our neighborhood, but a 15 yr was inviting guys over and they were taking turns upstairs with her, omg. Of course she got pregnant.
The guys were getting aggressive to the rest of the girls, I like had a fist fight with one, who kept saying "are you like her?'. Needless to say I beat the carp out of him, the joke was I didn't know anything about sex, lol.

Billie discussed this on NG on 1/6/10...

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/06/ng.01.html

“NANCY GRACE: Back to Billie Dunn. You told me, you told our show, that you were frustrated with the way this investigation has gone. You told me they didn’t really start even looking for her for four days.

BILLIE DUNN: Well, they -- no, they were looking for her from the beginning, but they did -- they didn’t get the dogs out here until four days later, which I was thankful that they did get them out here. I was thankful the Rangers finally came on Monday. But my ex-husband and I called the Rangers` office a couple of times, leaving them our numbers, asking them to contact our police department."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimmyann4141