TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok...I finally caught up...thank you all for the good notes.

I got in just in time to watch NG - love, love, love Marc Klass and big thank you Nancy!

Then...had to go to gym...and just got back and got caught up...now I have to study for an exam...praying for Hailey's safe return...and yes, WS WE ROCK!!!!

I'm so glad Hailey's getting the coverage she deserved since December 27, 2010.

With an IPOD you have to be in a WIFI zone. If not you can not access FB or MS or any site where the internet is required. When you post to your FB with an IPOD it shows the tag as posted via iphone.

I thought she had an iTouch (or iPod Touch). It can run on ATT's mobile network (3G or 4G or whatever model it is).

ETA: I just saw the Blue Eyed Chick had already posted this info... :)

Moms friend says there is no internet at the house.....maybe dad and gf have internet.....how old do you have to be to have FB or MS? Is there an age requirement?

This is making me want to go outside and beat my trashcan with a baseball bat out of frustration.
I am finally understanding what people like us who know what's really happening out there have to do. Parents are not paying attention to these cases we read about. This is a 13 year old, a baby. Parents need to be gathered in the schools auditoriums and shown the horrifying photos we see of dead children, told the stories of the horrors. Parents have to be shocked into reality or kids are just going to keep losing their lives to predators.
This is so frustrating.

I so agree. I am often teased because I am a walking talking warning Public Service Announcement. Folks just do not realize the dangers that are out there. They are Real, it happens everyday and it is heartbreaking.

INTERESTING TIDBIT ON THE IPODS! I posted this earlier and will post it again.

You guys should read this post about the Ipod. According to this person there is application that can be used not only on the Ipod Touch but an Iphone. It's two popular chatrooms that young people use called "Who's Here" and "Who's Around." this person on the Find Hailey Facebook said that LE should check into it to see if Hailey used them. She said that young adults and teens use them to chat with each other & that her children have used the applications before which is how she knows about them. Read about it here:

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=165947003449988&id=595518630

VIDEO on the applications:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/ipap/videos/105/112.45/around/

http://dailyappshow.com/whos-here-iphone-app-review

(You just jogged a forgotten memory... I did a similar (stupid) thing: met a guy at a ballgame, two weeks later I went to his neighboring town (45 minutes away) for a date. He asked me to bring a friend and he set her up with a friend of his (blind date). Told our parents we were going to a church lock-in. We did make it back unharmed and alive, obviously, but now - 25 years later - you just brought this to my mind when I haven't thought about it in as many years.

Wow. Yes, young girls do stupid things... :doh:)

Honestly? I don't believe this is what has happened to Hailey, though. I thought it was interesting, however, on NG that her mom said she had a FB account but didn't mention the MS account. I wonder if she knows about it?

I did same - going to friends- went to party instead. Lucky I was with friends. Then again, I have made many silly ( alright, stupid) decisions. We never think we are in danger.
ITA - don't think this is case here

Moms friend says there is no internet at the house.....maybe dad and gf have internet.....how old do you have to be to have FB or MS? Is there an age requirement?

Read the posts about the iTouch that she had. It operates off of ATT's mobile network, like a cell phone does.

An iTouch can do anything an iPhone can do except make calls. An iTouch requires a wi-fi signal to connect to the internet and/or post on Facebook or Myspace. On Facebook, the posts look like they are posted from an iPhone.

You can "chat" with people on Facebook from your iTouch or iPhone.

If they have AT&T, you can easily sign up online and view almost up to the minute on calls and text messages. You would not have to wait on a print out from the carrier. I do not know about other carriers online policies.

iTouch information would not show up on an AT&T billing statement.

you as well can talk on MSN and actually text but you must have the right app and a wii-fi signal as well as all the stuff listed above

forgot to add email as well, the wii fi signal could be from anywhere that has a wireless connection

Again....no dog. Those are bloodhounds searching for Hailey, not a family pet.

As for the Amber Alert, this doesn't meet the criteria for an Amber Alert. There is a regional alert.....don't know if it has an official name. http://www.amberalert.gov/guidelines.htm

Read the posts about the iTouch that she had. It operates off of ATT's mobile network, like a cell phone does.

But only if you are already in a wifi zone. At someones home or business who has wireless. Not walking down the road.....

Is the AT&T network free or paid? For Nooks it's free, but Mc Donalds is the only place that has it here. I literally have to be at least in their parking lot. I mean this would explain the motel hit if they use AT&T. Is there a McDonalds by the hotel?

She would have to sync her iTouch at some point. If it is on her home computer, it would have a list of all of her apps on it.

But only if you are already in a wifi zone. At someones home or business who has wireless. Not walking down the road.....

No you are wrong. If you are cell phone range that is how you can get on Facebook etc with an Ipod.

No, we heard about the dogs here early on from our local member, but it was not info that was being released I guess, until tonight on NG. That dogs had scented from the dad's house to the motel, and possibly near her friend's house, I believe.

Is there even a computer in the home, if no internet service?

Are we just now finding out about a dog?

Hope its ok to say this! We hactually had info on the dogs a couple days ago and not sure why but Billie(mom) asked for it to be removed. It was out of respect.

You can connect into a residence's unsecured wifi while walking down the road.

An iTouch can do anything an iPhone can do except make calls. An iTouch requires a wi-fi signal to connect to the internet and/or post on Facebook or Myspace. On Facebook, the posts look like they are posted from an iPhone.

You can "chat" with people on Facebook from your iTouch or iPhone.

If they have AT&T, you can easily sign up online and view almost up to the minute on calls and text messages. You would not have to wait on a print out from the carrier. I do not know about other carriers online policies.

iTouch information would not show up on an AT&T billing statement.

Thanks, that answers a lot of questions...I have another...
If someone were to use her Ipod in the parking lot of a motel or whatever, is there a way to "trace" this use since she is using the motel's wifi ?

Is the AT&T network free or paid? For Nooks it's free, but Mc Donalds is the only place that has it here. I literally have to be at least in their parking lot. I mean this would explain the motel hit if they use AT&T. Is there a McDonalds by the hotel?

Wi-fi is free if it is offered by some place like McDonalds or Starbucks. You can use unsecured wi-fi at people's houses.

3G or 4G are paid data plans and you can get on the internet anywhere you get a signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly