TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The information about her leaving that day just doesn't ring true for me.
The mom's boyfriend is the one who reported what time she left, where she was going and what she was wearing.
I am not pointing fingers at him or accusing him, but he is the last person to have seen Hailey.
And if he is to be believed, then she vanished in front of her house.
Her dad lives across the street and her friend lives 3 or 4 blocks away.
She never arrived at either place.
In the pics posted of her neighborhood, it is not suburbia.
It has the look of many small towns.

If I remember details correctly, from the time the mom's boy friend says she left til
the time he went to pick mom up from work, there was plenty of
time for something to happen.

I am only saying she might not have left the house.
JMO>

Did neighbors reported seeing him leave that afternoon?
Or was he home all afternoon?
I don't remember anything about his timeline.

IMHO, as always.

Good questions, and has he taken a polygraph??

Just wondering if anyone in the neighborhood is employed at the hotel?

NG said B/F not dragging his feet. It's been over a week. IMO....that's dragging your feet.

Right, he should have done these immediately. Has there been any more hits from the canine unit out by the hotel?

Sorry, just getting in for the night. SA went to work at 6am, then got in an argument with coworkers, was fired, and then went to his mothers??

I just think this is a HUGE HUGE red flag and a whole lot more time that he could have been with Hailey. Interesting that Billie didn't seem to have ANY CLUE that he 'came home late' that day.....nor that he had been fired until within just the past few days.

Could he have come home and taken his anger out on Hailey?? Just thinking....moo.

Kids walk around my area all the time and it is a city of about 400,000...and always with the headphones, so they can't hear, which is a major pet peeve of mine...

NG said B/F not dragging his feet. It's been over a week. IMO....that's dragging your feet.

Right, he should have done this immediately. Has there been any more hits from the canine unit out by the hotel?

I do agree with your statement that I bolded but Hailey had been missing approx 12 hours when the initial report was made, a child never made it to her destination according to the parents, she had never spoke of running away nor had she ever attempted to run away, she took no belongings with her except the clothes on her back. Then when the hours turned into days and the days turned into a week and this teen that took nothing with her has still not shown up but the media and Texas Rangers did, it is finally reclassified as a missing person.

The part I emphasized in Red, I don't understand what you mean to say.

Hailey allegedly left her house at 3pm on Monday.

Her Mom says she told her son "around lunchtime" on Tuesday to text Hailey to come home.

I think we are looking at close to 24 hours before she was reported missing.

It is a well known fact that if a child doesn't leave on their own, is a victim of foul play.... they are most often dead within the first few hours.

Jonathan Foster, taken at 2pm, body dumped at 6pm being a recent example. There are rare exceptions but the norm would be that within 24 hours most would be dead... and the end to the story would have been decided before she was reported missing.

This would hold even more true if it was someone she knew.

I do agree with your statement that I bolded but Hailey had been missing approx 12 hours when the initial report was made, a child never made it to her destination according to the parents, she had never spoke of running away nor had she ever attempted to run away, she took no belongings with her except the clothes on her back. Then when the hours turned into days and the days turned into a week and this teen that took nothing with her has still not shown up but the media and Texas Rangers did, it is finally reclassified as a missing person.

The part I emphasized in Red, I don't understand what you mean to say.

She was last seen by the boyfriend at 1pm or 3pm depending on which version of events you go with. We don't have a verified time that anyone else saw her afterwards? And we don't know when either parent actually spoke to her prior.

So working from the boyfriends reported last sighting, the reports say the brother texted the friend the following afternoon and that is when it became known that she was not where she was suppose to be.

That is upwards of 24 hours, and statistically if she was taken by a stranger that is a horrible amount of a head start.

The police arrive and parents (who I am not judging, just looking at it from LEs point of view) say they not spoken to or attempted to speak to their teen in a day. Then it turns out that Hailey (supposedly) claimed she was staying at a friends house and that turned out to be a lie. You can either think at this point that a teen has lied to their parents or that an abduction with no witnesses or signs of a struggle has occurred. Odds are at that point she will come home on her own.

It is not like they took a call and the parents said the screen was cut out of the window, their kids is gone, and there a muddy footprints on the carpet, the family's german shepherd has been poisoned, a witness describes a vehicle, and they called it a runaway and went home for the night.

That was my point about blaming LE for their initial response while attaching hindsight to the evidence. It should not have taken media pressure to change their mind, but their initial response I completely understand.

The other problem with this case was there were so many parties to go talk to and figure out where they thought she was and when they heard from her and when they expected to and what friend might she with and does she have a new boyfriend and is dramatic. All precious wasted time.

I know people who love her and her family are reading here so I am not trying to be brutally graphic here, but if the "boyfriend scenario" we so often comes to fruition it was done before Billie ever heard the sleep over story and calling Hailey and knowing ten minutes after she got home wouldn't have made a difference, and if it is a random stranger kidnapping they say the life expectancy in that scenario is 3 hours.

That is the basis of the Amber Alerts and keeping them focused on cases with identified vehicles. Maximizing that crucial opening window when they go from point A to B. As a potential crime victim they say you are better off being risking whatever threat they have made (stabbing, shooting, etc.... ) in crime scene A then you are to let them move you to crime scene B where they have time and opportunity. They say 90% of true kidnapping victims are taken, moved, raped, killed, and dumped in under three hours.

It is a horribly tragic story and one that I hope has one of the miracle endings we have seen along the way.... but between the boyfriend red flags, or the time lapse in a stranger scenario I don't think LE labeling the file differently or Billie checking on her earlier would have made a real difference.

It is something to point to and be angry about and that is totally understandable, we want to find the part that could fix or prevent it, but I personally don't think this one is completely on LE's shoulders as far as saving her. Whether they can put together a prosecutable case is another question that hasn't played out yet.

We see time and time again LE put their all into these cases. I do not believe for a moment any of them thought, yeah she is probably in grave danger but it is so much less work to rack it up as another runaway and go home. They live in the same small town where things like this don't happen that the locals who are mad at them do. I am sure they thought she lied to her parents, spent the night somewhere she shouldn't be, the gossip was hitting the small town circuit like fire, and she would be home shortly.

Hailey allegedly left her house at 3pm on Monday.

Her Mom says she told her son "around lunchtime" on Tuesday to text Hailey to come home.

I think we are looking at close to 24 hours before she was reported missing.

It is a well known fact that if a child doesn't leave on their own, is a victim of foul play.... they are most often dead within the first few hours.

Jonathan Foster, taken at 2pm, body dumped at 6pm being a recent example. There are rare exceptions but the norm would be that within 24 hours most would be dead... and the end to the story would have been decided before she was reported missing.

This would hold even more true if it was someone she knew.

And this would be my point edited into a clear concise thought... LOL
Same point, 93% less words.

BBM

But according to the mom last night on NG, she didn't know until after she got home from work. If Hailey and her mom got along so well like everyone claims, and Hailey had the mom's cell phone at home, it seems like she would have called her mom herself. The way the mom said she was disappointed that Hailey didn't call later that night made me think they kept in close contact.

Here is what the mother stated on NG Monday night:

DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

So that evening when he picked me up from work, we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I didn`t get worried when I hadn`t heard from Hailey. I thought she was at Mary Beth`s. I was kind of upset that she didn`t call and confirm it with me, but not worried at that point.

Tuesday, I was at work again, I left my cell phone at home for my kids to use when I`m working. So Tuesday, I called my son. I said tell Hailey text the little girl, her friend, tell Hailey she needs to go ahead and get home. This was around lunch. My son called me back within a few minutes and she said, mom, she said Hailey never made it over there. She never spent the night.

So at that point I called Hailey`s dad and found out she didn`t over there and she didn`t stay the night with him. I left from work and went to the police station in Colorado City and reported her missing.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

It hard to say, based on the sentence I bolded IF the BF actually told the mother Hailey went to MB's or not that night.
Using "I thought" and "not worried" and "upset she didn't call and confirm with me", makes me feel the BF didn't say anything at all that evening.

Normally, one would say "I knew Hailey was at her friends and I'm not worried but upset because she didn't confirm it with me.

ETA: there is a big gap in that night, got home from work, getting ready for bed. Nothing in-between indicating the BF told the mother about Hailey going to her friend's house.

I don't think the girlfriend MB is holding back any info. Hailey has been gone too long and her friend has to be very worried. Plus I don't think a 13 year old girl could lie through an interview with a Texas Ranger! I'd be scared sh..less and would say Yes sir , No sir etc. No way would a girl keep a lie this long. I keep going back to the BF. Altercation at work, lost his job, wouldn't expect him to be in a good mood. And, most bad things that happen to kids occur in their homes. Stranger abductions occur but aren't as common as we think. So, BF needs to take a poly. Mark Klass is a class act....what he says always makes sense. Those closest to Hailey need polygraphs. LE needs to know if Hailey left home on her own accord. All we have is BF's word.

Right, and it is not enough!

I've typed 3 posts and figured it's better not to post them...thinking the best thing to do right now is to bump the mods first post in this thread.

I'm not a mod, don't play one on tv or ws or anywhere else...just don't want to see this thread get shut down...Just sayin'...

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS. Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.

You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.

Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.

The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.

We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.

You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.

Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.

If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.

If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

'Insiders' or "Locals"

Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.

If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com

Include:

The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.

In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.

It will all be kept strictly confidential.

Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.

Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.

Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.

If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Cztgz, Redcat, mommajack, 40G!GZ7 and spankysmom are verified locals so far.

Thread #1: TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thread #2: TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

From everyoneneedsavoice:

I have found a wealth of information on the sentiments of the community, current activities and media efforts on the Find Hailey Dunn FB page, along with several others for which I will include the links in this post.

http://www.facebook.com/findhaileydunn
http://www.findhaileydunn.com/
http://kvmckaum.blogspot.com/ (this one also has livestream news for area)

Here is what the mother stated on NG Monday night:

DUNN: She went missing on Monday while I was at work. My boyfriend - - he came home from work about 3:00 -- or he got to my house about 3:00. And he`s seen Hailey. Hailey was there. She told him, I`m running across the street to my dad`s house for a few minutes but I`m going Mary Beth`s, and I`m staying the night there. Let my mom know.

So that evening when he picked me up from work, we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I didn`t get worried when I hadn`t heard from Hailey. I thought she was at Mary Beth`s. I was kind of upset that she didn`t call and confirm it with me, but not worried at that point.

Tuesday, I was at work again, I left my cell phone at home for my kids to use when I`m working. So Tuesday, I called my son. I said tell Hailey text the little girl, her friend, tell Hailey she needs to go ahead and get home. This was around lunch. My son called me back within a few minutes and she said, mom, she said Hailey never made it over there. She never spent the night.

So at that point I called Hailey`s dad and found out she didn`t over there and she didn`t stay the night with him. I left from work and went to the police station in Colorado City and reported her missing.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/03/ng.01.html

It hard to say, based on the sentence I bolded IF the BF actually told the mother Hailey went to MB's or not.

Using "I thought" and "not worried" and "upset she didn't call and confirm with me", makes me feel the BF didn't say anything at all.

Normally, one would say "I knew Hailey was at her friends and I'm not worried but upset because she didn't confirm it with me.

I would love to know what his mood was that night.
Did he say he had lost his job, was that the focus of the night.
Did he have dinner and a movie planned to keep her focused on other things. <modsnip> moody, distant, romantic, smothering..... what went on that night.

The brother was out of the house too if I recall correctly?

First off, Thank you for all of the hard work you have put into finding this precious girl!!!

I was wondering if there was any way you could clear up one thing.
When was the last time Billie or the brother saw or spoke with Hailey. I know she spent the night with her dad on Christmas, but I was wondering when she last saw or spoke directly with her mom or brother?

Thank you again for all of your work, I'm sure her family and all of her friends a very greatful for all that you have done, as we all are!

Please don't thank me. I don't want thanks, and I absolutely do not want recognition - of any kind, which is why I came here. I do not suffer under the illusion that I am anonymous simply because I haven't posted my name, but when I signed up here and posted, I never imagined that so many local people would end up finding this thread. How naive of me I suppose.

I was not trying to emphasize anything that I had done, only how offensive it was that anyone would think that we would have just let it 'fade away' or whatever.

I know you are just being nice, but all I want is Hailey home. And I hope that I don't sound harsh, but I can't think of any other way to put it. One of the downsides of having to read what someone really would like to say.

That being said, no, I do not know exactly when Hailey was seen by Billie or her brother without asking Billie again - she did tell me at some point, but it has been quite a few days ago. And I just got through talking to her... she had a couple of other calls to make and then I hope she is able to get some rest.

If pressed, I would say Sunday. Her brother left to spend the night at a friend's Sunday, and I am sure Billie saw her Sunday. Billie works 7a-7p about 30 minutes away from here, and I really doubt that Hailey would have been awake at 6 something Monday morning - especially since school was out.

I would love to know what his mood was that night.
Did he say he had lost his job, was that the focus of the night.
Did he have dinner and a movie planned to keep her focused on other things. <modsnip> moody, distant, romantic, smothering..... what went on that night.

The brother was out of the house too if I recall correctly?

I guess a young couple, without teenagers in the house, do what most couples would do.

I just went back and watched it again and I agree Clint looked pissed when Billie started talking about the boyfriend losing his job. Clint did kind of an angry eye roll.

For us non locals...it's about a 45 minute drive from Big Spring, where Billie said the boyfriend's mom lives to Colorado City.

Clint reminds me of a young Gary Christian. His daughter was brutally raped and murdered. He wore his emotions on his sleeve. You could feel his anger and pain.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom[/ame]

I'm not putting too much on this motel yet...I know young people party at motels, but these kids are really young, & they wouldn't have gone unnoticed. It would've been danged near impossible to get a room. Also, the witness who claims to have seen them, could've been mistaken. or had her days mixed up...especially, since this girl wasn't noticed missing for a day. so much time had elapsed & that could create time & date confusion. If her friend is being truthful, & I have no reason to doubt her, this must be horrible for her family...to be so suspected. The reason I believe her, is because Haley supposedly said she was going to her dad's-but didn't. So, it's logical to assume that if she supposedly said she was going to a friend's, she didn't.

Hailey is the only thing that is important here. Very rarely are we pleased with how a case is progressing. Nothing is ever done quickly enough when a child is at risk. Experience has shown us a case can have twists and turns or be quite obvious. It doesn't matter whose toes get stepped on as long as the end result is that Hailey is recovered safely.
This is all about Hailey and for now the rest of the world is just going to have to tolerate getting stomped on until shes found. IMO and MOO

Hi Everyone... I read all of thread 1 and 3, and a few pages of thread 2 but I am very up to date on everything from local media, NG, posters, etc. (just now got approved to post anything !!)) This forum is amazing !

The main thing I would like to know are why it seems to have taken 5+ days to get some of the investigation done. Cell Phone checkouts, phone record requests, hounddogs, and many of these things.... Hailey's mom has said they are hoping to hear answers from them just now. - Wouldn't much of this stuff be done after 36-48 hrs much faster after they had checked all the initial "hiding spots" she could have been as a runaway ?

I'm not throwing LE under the bus completely. They may have done many things early on and just did not release it to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub