TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T

I didn't take chemistry in high school. I had to get that cleared up before I say that I nearly killed myself when I got the bright idea to mix bleach and ammonia...in a mobile home bathroom....:crazy:

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming....

OMgosh, you're lucky you didn't kill yourself with those kind of fumes.
Glad you're ok. ;)

I have a question for Sarx. Now that we have some info that is saying sulfuric acid might be involved. Can a HRD dog sniff out a body that's been in sulfuric acid?

I have a question for Sarx. Now that we have some info that is saying sulfuric acid might be involved. Can a HRD dog sniff out a body that's been in sulfuric acid?
We tried to remove the flesh from a longhorn head once and we left it in Sulfuric acid drain cleaner, and it did not dissolve much,sort of made the skull look black and cracked some, but it most definitely did not dissove it the boney part of the skull. We were wanting the horns mainly and finally just sawed them off ! Was a messy .burny sort of deal and stank !! Stank up the whole ocean !!! IMO

Hi everyone -I have missed 8 hours of posting overnight my time-could anyone please let me know very briefly how sulfuric acid came up :(, why CD's girlfriend's son was mentioned and what we found out on NG? that would be wonderful as I am late for work and I'll never get through these pages :)

We tried to remove the flesh from a longhorn head once and we left it in Sulfuric acid drain cleaner, and it did not dissolve much,sort of made the skull look black and cracked some, but it most definitely did not dissove it the boney part of the skull. We were wanting the horns mainly and finally just sawed them off ! Was a messy .burny sort of deal and stank !! Stank up the whole ocean !!! IMO

How long did you leave it? Just curious

How long did you leave it? Just curious
4-5 days adding fresh acid daily, it just did not work the way we thought it would, later learned from our Veterinarian, boiling is the best way to remove flesh from the bones with out marring the heavy skull area ! Just thought I would through that in here in case someone really thought the acid thing was a possibility, I am confused where the acid theory came from? And IMO sulfuric acid would not totally dissolve bones quickly ! I have no experience with any other acids.

They would need a chemical scent dog.. Like the ATF has,bomb dogs..etc..

BBM

See, there it is again. Her kids hardly ever slept at that house. They were forever staying here or there and she had no clue. She says it right there - I don't know if he's home yet. Oh and also, she's said that she left the phone at the house for the kids. Well clearly she didn't this day. She even says that DD doesn't have a phone there. So sad.

On school nights too? My daughter can sleep ANYWHERE! She ws always like that from a toddler. We'd wake up and find her all over the house. But once she got going in school - I'd say it was around 2nd - 3rd grade she went to bed on school nights. Again, neglectful parenting - when a child falls asleep on the couch you get them to bed. They'll go. And please don't throw tomatoes at me - I realize that sometimes its just ok. But with this dysfunctional group I believe Hailey sleeping on the couch was just another thing - AND, come to think of it - would Hailey have been sleeping on the couch while SA wandered around at night on BD's phone?

You know, seriously - I'd rather have Haleigh at home curled up peacefully asleep on the couch than missing.

Just sayin'.

There were things wrong in that house, no doubt, and it's hard to see who was actually watching these kids most of the time, but if Haleigh had been asleep on the couch her Mom would have seen her there. Instead, she glanced into her room and barely noticed if she was there!

JMO

Has anyone considered the possibility that SA never actually made those threats - or if he did, they were just a "matter [or manner] of speaking" and never intended as a serious threat?

In the first call, BD starts out by saying she doesn't want SA in the house for fear he'll take something. Police response is along the lines of "there's not much we can do about it" - THEN she "ups the ante" by suggesting her son might be there and SA might be a danger to him. That still doesn't get far with the police.

From the way the officer responds to the second call, I'm fairly certain there were other calls/visits to the station in between - and again, judging from the way the officer responds, it sounds as if BD doesn't get what she wants. So, she says that SA threatened her and her ex. (I would REALLY like to know if the officer saw those text messages she claims BD sent.)

Then - SA calls police reporting she might be suicidal. Maybe BD has been calling him giving him a bunch of drama, too?

Those calls just don't strike me as legit. I'm not so sure BD wasn't "playing" the cops.

SA admitted to making threats to kill BD & HD (according to the recently released affidavit).

As a former advocate of domestic violence victims, I refuse to accept the idea that the perp's threats were just: "a matter of speaking and never intended as a serious threat".

When a threat of harm or death is made against someone by a domestic partner - I take it 100% seriously, even if the victim doesn't.

"I'm going to kill you" is not something normal people say to one another - even in jest or in anger. I absolutely refuse to accept that. When someone says "I'm going to kill you" - it should be taken seriously & not doubted.

Based on affidavits, based on previous 911 calls, SA presented a deadly threat to BD & to her children as recently as last February 2010. Yet, BD invited SA to move into her home with her & her children.

Based on recent statements made by the paternal grandmother, HD was afraid of SA. According to the paternal grandmother, SA had been stalking HD at night in her own home when she was in her own bedroom.

Unfortunately, it seems that BD has chosen to follow the line of thinking that it was just a "matter of speaking" and "never intended as a serious threat".

IMO, BD's choice to live in denial of reality exposed her daughter to serious risk, and has possibly led to her daughter's demise at the hands of her horror-obsessed lover.

MOO

4-5 days adding fresh acid daily, it just did not work the way we thought it would, later learned from our Veterinarian, boiling is the best way to remove flesh from the bones with out marring the heavy skull area ! Just thought I would through that in here in case someone really thought the acid thing was a possibility, I am confused where the acid theory came from? And IMO sulfuric acid would not totally dissolve bones quickly ! I have no experience with any other acids.

IIRC The sulfuric acid was a theory we heard on NG tonight that SA may have had access to it from work. If it's used in meth, wouldn't his work keep it locked up to avoid being stolen, etc?

If the LE thought that was a possibility, I think if they could locate some vats in his vicinity or on a route SA might have used, there may still be something left. IF SA did do something like this ? IMO I would head West ! They could get a hold of all the acidizing oil field providers and get some places to check out ! JMHO i

The call with him saying she was suicidal and threatening to take a bunch of pills really worried me. If she was suicidal why would she care about him threatening to kill her? What if he really was planning on hurting BD and made that call so when she ended up dead they would have it on record that someone was worried about her being suicidal?
It almost made me hope she did really say that...

If he could have convinced LE that she was mentally unstable (as she was also claiming about him) perhaps his plan was for her to lose custody of her children, in hopes of hurting her.

fighting on valentine's day, wuwt?

Her voice gives me the impression that she suffers from depression, lacking emotion, which might also cause her to feel that she needs someone to be there to hold her together, ie, SA.
it's all just mo though.

IIRC The sulfuric acid was a theory we heard on NG tonight that SA may have had access to it from work. If it's used in meth, wouldn't his work keep it locked up to avoid being stolen, etc?
In my checking today ! Supposedly there are large vats of Acid in various places in the oil fields where the big trucks go to fill and then transport to frac jobs, or acidizing jobs,the vats have cat walks to go to the top of the vats(tanks) and there are trap doors on top ! That was my education this evening ! JMO Anone that has ever worked in the oil field would know these vats and their locations !

I missed that acid was on the list, and I have kept really good tabs on that list !

Oops, I'll go check to see and if not, I'll delete. Hold please....

I am curious about the sheets that were taken off of the bed. IIRC, LE did not pick them up for a few days. So, if there was DNA on them and they were washed, will all of the DNA be washed away? Along the same line, if a person died in the bed and the sheets were washed, could the dogs pick up any scent?

Oops, I'll go check to see and if not, I'll delete. Hold please....
But IMO SA would have easy access to the Acid ! Most anyone working in the oil field would think nothing about seeing someone going up a cat walk, and especially when it was just getting daylight !IMO

Someone may beat me to it, but I'll tell you exactly why they dislike them. This direct from a cop (who was the arresting officer when I was burglarized by a neighbor when I happened to be home).

They dislike them because usually the vic doesn't want the abuser to be arrested, because officers themselves are sometimes physically attacked by the victim. They dislike them because the abused often go back to/stand behind the abuser. Imagine the frustration, and knowing that they are as least as exciting as a bank robbery because they themselves are potentially physically endangered. In the specific example he gave me, his partner was cuffing a man who they caught holding a knife to a woman-and the woman attempted to hit the officer in the head with a cast iron skillet while crying that the cop was "hurting him". This was over thirty years ago but I never forgot.

IME, IMO

The most dangerous calls LE goes on are domestic violence calls. Why? Because domestic violence calls are totally unpredictable. Anything can happen.

moo

But IMO SA would have easy access to the Acid ! Most anyone working in the oil field would think nothing about seeing someone going up a cat walk, and especially when it was just getting daylight !IMO

Good night ! Pray for us Tommy Lee Jones !! And we all pray for that precious young girl Hailey ! Loved by many and known by few !

Thank you for pointing out my error. You are absolutely correct and I want to help keep the facts straight too. I'm glad you said something before I banked in my brain. :) Thanks!!!

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26495026/detail.html

The following property was seized from the Dunn's white 2000 Chevrolet Lumina:

– Two rolls of black electrical tape

– One plastic purple cigarette lighter

– Six 3M trace evidence collection filters with trace evidence from vehicle

– Miscellaneous papers

– One sterile sheet with debris from trunk of vehicle.

A sterile sheet if often used by law enforcement to collect evidence without contaminating it. It's not known why those items were taken, and the Texas Rangers have been very tight-lipped as the investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx