TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on the organized search this morning? I'm so very glad they have people that are trained in this now out looking for Hailey.

BBM

I think I'd remember calling 911 on my DH if he threatened to kill me, even if it were eleven years ago. MOO

Exactly! this is proof she is defending SA.... still

I am a little late posting here and just in the beginning of this thread. I have been on and off the fence about Billie too. Is it possible that the fear we are seeing in her is because she is afraid for her or her son's life because of the "other POIs" as well as SA? She has spent many hours with LE, even going to the house with the Texas Rangers. She may have shared some very pertinent information about him with LE, and they have asked her to continue "supporting" SA to aid in the investigation. Maybe? I just can't wrap my head around her knowing what has actually happened to her daughter, or covering it up. At least right now, I can't.

I hope that what we are seeing on NG and other media interviews is because she isn't hiding something or actually protecting SA. But right now, it looks like she is actually doing that. IMO

I am on and off the fence about her too but I guess time will tell if she is innocent or guilty. I just can't get it out of my head that there was deception in her poly about the participation in the disappearance of Hailey. Why is this?

I do believe SA is the perp here.

Woke up this morning, hoping there would have been a big break in this case overnight. Went back to where I left off last night, skimming through posts, and seeing nothing different =(
I DO see quite a few posts about leaving the doors unlocked. SMH! I live five miles from the closest town, and my windows and doors are ALWAYS locked, regardless if someone is home or not. There is just too much crime happening across this country. As the economy gets worse, people become more desperate. (we do open the back windows on occasion during the spring and fall, but never leave them unlocked when we leave). If someone tries to come in my door or window without permission, they will be looking at the barrel of my gun. Period. My safety, and that of my family comes above a criminal entering my home for whatever reason.

I will defend the police and the emergency dispatcher.
The first call BD made was her concern that her ex-boyfriend (SA) was going to enter the residence to get a t-shirt. BD's concern was that SA may also take a TV or a X-Box. It's not the job of the police to get involved in property disputes unless they are needed there to keep the peace. BD did say at the end of call #1 that her son may or may not be home if SA showed up. All she said was that she didn't want SA going over to the residence and "causing problems" with DD. What does that mean?
They broke up, now she is worried about her electronics. BD has no clue if and when SA may show up at the house. Not a lot for the police to go with and again, it is not their job to decide who owns what property.

Having said that, it should have been standard procedure to ask BD about the history of the relationship. Especially when BD makes the second call about the threats. Has there been any violence between them? Does she fear that there could be an escalation? Does SA have weapons or access to weapons? What is his date of birth? (to run him to see about a criminal history). These are all standard questions in my neck of the woods.

As for the officer's attitude toward the calls. When you have a couple that has broken up and they are both calling the police repeatedly (in the last call it sounds like SA had been calling other police departments as well) it gets to be a bit much especially when you have a lot of other calls etc. to deal with in your day.
The officer may have sounded annoyed but the call was passed on and it was dealt with. The police have to deal with these types of relationships all the time and often with the same people over and over.

I just wanted to add that in tape #2 it does not mention threats to HD but when the police officer went to talk to her about this complaint more information may have come out and that is why we see it in the affidavit. We wouldn't know for sure unless we saw the officer's notes. Why SA was not charged with threats I don't know unless BD did not want charges...who knows without the notes.

http://consolidation.mhmr.state.tx.us/

TDMHMR(Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation) was the agency in Texas that provided services. Some years back Texas merged the MH and MR into two diffrent agencies. The link above shows what each new agency handles. I have never heard anyone refer to a person as being MHMR because it is actually an agency. Usually it is stated that this person needs the help of MHMR or they get services from MHMR. Interesting the way she put it...so I wonder if SA is receiving/ or has recieved services from MHMR?

MHMR offers free mental health care including access to psychiatrist who can prescribe meds. It's for people who do not have health insurance or the means of paying for mental heath care. I have a family member who went through the process with MHMR when she was in between insurance companies and needed immediate care. I've been to their office and it's full of homeless people and people without health insurance waiting for hours to get their meds. Really sad place, actually.

BBM

I think I'd remember calling 911 on my DH (or anyone, for that matter) if he threatened to kill me, even if it were eleven years ago. MOO

And it may be a blur if you called once...but twice...or even 3 times? The cops were out there -- wouldn't she remember that!

Nope - not buying it.

MOO

Mel

I will defend the police and the emergency dispatcher.
The first call BD made was her concern that her ex-boyfriend (SA) was going to enter the residence to get a t-shirt. BD's concern was that SA may also take a TV or a X-Box. It's not the job of the police to get involved in property disputes unless they are needed there to keep the peace. BD did say at the end of call #1 that her son may or may not be home if SA showed up. All she said was that she didn't want SA going over to the residence and "causing problems" with DD. What does that mean?
They broke up, now she is worried about her electronics. BD has no clue if and when SA may show up at the house. Not a lot for the police to go with and again, it is not their job to decide who owns what property.

Having said that, it should have been standard procedure to ask BD about the history of the relationship. Especially when BD makes the second call about the threats. Has there been any violence between them? Does she fear that there could be an escalation? Does SA have weapons or access to weapons? What is his date of birth? (to run him to see about a criminal history). These are all standard questions in my neck of the woods.
As for the officer's attitude toward the calls. When you have a couple that has broken up and they are both calling the police repeatedly (in the last call it sounds like SA had been calling other police departments as well) it gets to be a bit much especially when you have a lot of other calls etc. to deal with in your day.
The officer may have sounded annoyed but the call was passed on and it was dealt with. The police have to deal with these types of relationships all the time and often with the same people over and over.

Perhaps these questions were asked when the officer went to her home?

It has been reported that SA admitted he threatened to kill BD and HD during this dispute. Perhaps the actual documents will be posted later.

Probably only if they thought it was a credible threat. If these two were known as the "Bickersons" it may have been business as usual for him to rant, and LE didn't read too much into it.

Well, it is the context of the threat Shawn made that is so bad, IMO. Quite a lot of people say, "I am going to kill you" when in actuality they do not really mean it. Shawn said it and added to it that it will be remembered for a long time. That is the part that bothers me. How many people who are merely 'bickering' add that extra statement? In my mind, that is what makes it a valid threat.

I think LE takes this kind of threat seriously. Why wouldn't they?

Shawn was/is a ticking time bomb, IMO, and did not need to be in that house with 2 young people after having made a statement such as that.

MOO

I keep wondering if whatever he did, he did in that deer hunting area so the trail cameras would take pictures, then he took the memory cards with him and is making a video of that. Sorry if this has been discussed, I can't keep up.

i couldnt agree with you more... horrible thought isnt it? i pray that this isnt the case. has it been established whether or not this area has been searched? i am having a difficult time keeping up with the speed of the threads too - i hope hailey will get a forum soon. i would think that some type of evidence would present itself if sa is the perp... lets pray that today is the day that hailey comes home...

FYI, TDMHMR has now changed. They have now been broken down into several parts. There is DSHS (Department of State Health Services), DARS (Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Service), DADS (Department of Aging and Disibility Services). These agencies used to all be referred to as MHMR but have now been broken down for administrative purposes.

Perhaps these questions were asked when the officer went to her home?

It has been reported that SA admitted he threatened to kill BD and HD during this dispute. Perhaps the actual documents will be posted later.

ITA
The initial call is just that, the initial call for service.
Once the officer responds and speaks to the parties then a bigger story is known. That information should be in his notes or entered into the computer system depending on how they do things there.

However, before an officer responds to a call for service, especially one that is domestic in nature the weapons and violence questions should be asked so that you are not sending the officer into an ambush.

In the meantime..Billie Dunn is Done < JMHO not bashing in any way, I believe she knows what has happened. She MAY NOT have had anything to do with it..but she knows what Shawn Atkins is capable of and IMO withheld that information from LE. That tells me all I need to know...

eta~and when a person KNOWS what happened, there's no reason to ask..thus why on Nancy Grace she confirmed that she had not asked Shawn any questions regarding anything really..I now know why she didn't ask him anything...
exactly. imo she has nothing to ask SA, she knows it all....if that was me, I'd be in his face demanding to know anything he knew.

Bombshell. Cops are human. They get tired of the same people calling over and over and over. Just because he said that to his dispatcher does not mean he was not all business when he got there.
I think it was obvious they knew the caller, and have probably fielded a few calls, yes, I get it's their job, but I am sure there are people in everyone's job that are more than frustrating.

Since when did someone's character not matter in sleuthing a case? IMO, Billi's actions past and present show her character. The picture isn't pretty and I can't ignore that.
this is what I am wondering as well....I think character, etc all play a major, major role in issues such as these.

Why do you believe they did? I doubt there's a lot of extra money floating around that household. Billie isn't working. Is this becasue CZ took her online to try to get information about the cell phone records? My assumption was that this was done on CZs PC.
I guess since the question was never answered people are speculating. In the beginning I think it was said they had no computer. Can't you get online through gaming systems though?

I am sorry to see some of the locals go, I can understand why, we all want the same thing as you do, to bring Haliey home. Somethimes it helps to have other eyes, so to speak, who aren't immersed directly in the situation.

Hopefully today they will say more about the evidence at the landfill. On the fox news home page it says they collected stuff, or did I miss you guys already talking about that?

New day. One of this first things that popped into my head this AM after reading to catch up was something other posters have asked. Where did this sulfuric acid idea come from? It was started on NG and was pretty shocking to most of us and the very first time we've ever heard anything about it. But again, where did it come from? LE has not made a statment one way or the other about it. Again, where did it come from?

My guess is that this is another "leak" by LE. I just don't think NG (or one of her producers) thunk this up and said "hey, let's run with it". She has a string of liability lawyers and they would have been all over it. Nope, not NG. Then who? My gut is telling me LE. Just like in the CA case - we got leaks. It would freak us out and we would scramble to try and either prove or disprove it. IIRC a lot of the leaks turned out to be spot on (not all).

So, IMO I do believe sulfuric acid might have played a role here - UGH! NG was just the vehicle used to convey this info to the public. What could have LE found that lef them down this road?

Well, it is the context of the threat Shawn made that is so bad, IMO. Quite a lot of people say, "I am going to kill you" when in actuality they do not really mean it. Shawn said it and added to it that it will be remembered for a long time. That is the part that bothers me. How many people who are merely 'bickering' add that extra statement? In my mind, that is what makes it a valid threat.

(Respectfully snipped)

But did he really say that? We only know that Billie claimed he did, and she doesn't seem to be the best at telling the truth. - And I'm not defending SA in any way, shape or form!

Going back to JB and the alleged sighting at noon on Monday -- I found this transcript from an earlier NG show while looking for something else:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

BILLIE DUNN: We hear that another lady says she saw Hailey, her friend and a boy she didn`t recognize Monday evening -- it was already dark -- walking on the main street by a store. So they`re looking at that video surveillance, too, seeing if that story checks out, see if they can put her somewhere that evening.

So either this 'lady' is JB and she has changed her story from "evening" to "noon", or someone else is reporting this as well. I find it hard to believe LE would discount TWO sighting of Hailey on Monday with a little boy, so I think this was actually Sunday -- which is when I believe she was walking with supposedly seen with some other kids as well at different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chala